• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeyCrazy3033

Noise noticably absent at the Joe

Rate this topic

They need to scrape the hockeytown logo off the ice!!

Fans were filing out of the building with 8 minutes left in the 3rd when the wings were only down 2 goals! (round 2.. game 1)

That kind of thing has been going on ALL season.

Nothing like beating the traffic :thumbup: *** AND LAME!

Edited by Lidstrom Rules

I grew up in Michigan and have always been a Wings fan. Everytime I have been to the Joe it has always been quiet. Even when the place is packed.Now that I live in Northern California I have been to the shark tank and that crowd is nuts, they never shut up. I don't think they even know what they are cheering about. It's always been my opinion that the fans at the Joe are more educated about the game and really following the play and therefore not as loud. At least that's what I tell people here when they ask why it's so quiet there.

I am SO GLAD you brought this up. I am the hardest core Red Wings fan I know, but when I go to a game, I cant manage to be screaming my head off unless the game is a blowout and the outcome is decided early. Otherwise, Im watching every pass, every play, ever call, every move on the ice - thats just how I am. I like to talk about the game with whoever Im with, but jumping up and down and crap really isnt my thing. Paying attention to the game is.

They need to scrape the hockeytown logo off the ice!!

Fans were filing out of the building with 8 minutes left in the 3rd when the wings were only down 2 goals!

Thats strange, because the arena was still going crazy til the end of the game. And the score was 2-2 with 8 minutes left.

Thats strange, because the arena was still going crazy til the end of the game. And the score was 2-2 with 8 minutes left.

He was talking about game 1... the wings didn't muster any offense that game ;)

I am SO GLAD you brought this up. I am the hardest core Red Wings fan I know, but when I go to a game, I cant manage to be screaming my head off unless the game is a blowout and the outcome is decided early. Otherwise, Im watching every pass, every play, ever call, every move on the ice - thats just how I am. I like to talk about the game

Thats exactly how I am... I don't scream or yell constantly while the game is on... I am concentrating on the game... i don't need the circus acts during the play... just give me exciting hockey and I am content. (exciting meaning a decent effort unlike what game 1 brought)

That kind of thing has been going on ALL season.

Longer than this season... for as long as I can remember ;)

He was talking about game 1... the wings didn't muster any offense that game ;)

Thats exactly how I am... I don't scream or yell constantly while the game is on... I am concentrating on the game... i don't need the circus acts during the play... just give me exciting hockey and I am content. (exciting meaning a decent effort unlike what game 1 brought)

Longer than this season... for as long as I can remember ;)

Bri had an aisle seat for game 1 (I was stuck next to one of the only shark fans in the building!!) and she kept saying "do you realize it's a 2 goal game" to all the people who were leaving down the steps.

Edited by Lidstrom Rules

Easy, ticket prices doubled in the playoffs and yeah ppl can't afford tickets to every playoff game, so less ppl, yeah it'll be quieter and when were behind by 2 goals that makes a difference too.