• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Filppula, second line center?

Rate this topic

Ansar Khan:

Valtteri Filppula skated on the second line Friday between Johan Franzen and Todd Bertuzzi, replacing Robert Lang, who was moved to the fourth line with Jiri Hudler and Mikael Samuelsson. Wings coach Mike Babcock said not to read too much into it. I will anyway. It's certainly worth a shot, maybe Filppula's speed and energy, his ability to control the puck in traffic, will be a boost for that line. Lang finished strong in the Calgary series but didn't play well at all in Game 1 of this series.

It's about time. Lang has become totally inept in nearly every aspect of the game. Filppula played 8 minutes in Game 1. Hopefully Babcock is just posturing and this line clicks. I like it.

Ansar Khan:

It's about time. Lang has become totally inept in nearly every aspect of the game. Filppula played 8 minutes in Game 1. Hopefully Babcock is just posturing and this line clicks. I like it.

:clap: It's about damn time that Filppula got more TOI, The guy's been awsome and deserve's a chance in place of Lang. :thumbup:

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

I just think they're reading too much into it. I highly doubt it will reflect in the icetimes.

well last time they skated in lines at practice, we saw calder on the first line replacing homer, and low and behold he played 1st line during the first game against SJ. Any sign that flip can be a 2nd line center is fantastic news!

I agree with what Heaton said. All this means to me is that the Sammy-Hudler line will get more time, and Bert-Franz will end up getting even less prob. Babs will never sit Lang or Sammy.

Also doesn't anyone else think it is a terrible idea having Lang and Sammy on the same line?

EDIT: I didn't mean to come in and neg up the vibes in this thread, it's jus that i think Babcock is an awesome coach ,ut he seems really inept when it comes to changing up things when they aren't working ( Our PP, Sammy on the point, our second line, Lang).

Edited by Bluedevils_13

I don't think that Flip will really do that well against the Sharks, he seems to have problems entering the zone against a team with big defensemen. but I guess its better then not trying anything new.

I don't think that Flip will really do that well against the Sharks, he seems to have problems entering the zone against a team with big defensemen. but I guess its better then not trying anything new.

well, he certainly can't be any worse than lang.

Zetts-Dats-Cleary (yes, cleary. He's been our best player the last few)

Filp - Bert - Mule

Drapes - Malts -Sammy

Huds - Lang - Calder

Our 2nd and 4th lines would both be potentially dangerous, and puts a shooter on the third line

Those lines win Saturday. Thanks goodness Babs reads this forum, and hangs on my every word.

Guest LivingtheDream

I agree with what Heaton said. All this means to me is that the Sammy-Hudler line will get more time, and Bert-Franz will end up getting even less prob. Babs will never sit Lang or Sammy.

Also doesn't anyone else think it is a terrible idea having Lang and Sammy on the same line?

Yes, that was almost my first thought and not a good one. Can you say "liability" - that line scares me, so I hope they sit and sit and sit.

Meanwhile, just what is up with Lang? I mean sure he may be getting older, but for crying out loud, he is making millions. One would think that getting that kind of pay check would prompt one to give it all. Then again, I doubt he ever had a "real" job like most of us, so the concept of a old fashioned work ethic may be something he never learned about.

I love Calder and all , but he's invisable out there.

Am I the only one who thinks Calder has played really well from Game 5 of the Flame series and on.. ?

Great news about Flip he deserves it. Huds and Langer do well together anyway so that's a good thing for the 4th line.

Am I the only one who thinks Calder has played really well from Game 5 of the Flame series and on.. ?

Great news about Flip he deserves it. Huds and Langer do well together anyway so that's a good thing for the 4th line.

Hes shooting more , which is good , hes trying to finish his checks. He's one of my favorite players on this team. And I want him to do well , and believe me , Im hoping hes a deciding factor if we win or lose this series

Hes shooting more , which is good , hes trying to finish his checks. He's one of my favorite players on this team. And I want him to do well , and believe me , Im hoping hes a deciding factor when we win or lose this series

Fixed. ;)

Yes, but then I think he's only had 1 or 2 occasions to try ... at least he skates hard and goes for loose pucks. With Lang it seems that if a puck is loose he's skating in the other direction ... slowly.

The guy's been awsome and deserve's a chance in place of Lang. :thumbup:

Amen to that ... FILPPULA'S BEEN AWESOME !!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: But why is Lang at the top of everyone's s*** list again? I thought that spot was reserved solely for Samuelsson - these playoffs anyway?? :lol:

... and you are NOT mistaken in thinkin .. "didn't I see him killing penalties??". Indeed. You. Did. :lol: