• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Filppula, second line center?

Rate this topic

Amen to that ... FILPPULA'S BEEN AWESOME !!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: But why is Lang at the top of everyone's s*** list again? I thought that spot was reserved solely for Samuelsson - these playoffs anyway?? :lol:

... and you are NOT mistaken in thinkin .. "didn't I see him killing penalties??". Indeed. You. Did. :lol:

Lang skates away from another loose puck ... Sammy takes a weak wrister from the blue line ... Lang gets called called for hooking ... Sammy loses the zone on the point ... Lang throws another blind pass across the middle ... it looks like the "Top Of The s***list Competition" is going 7 games ... <_<

Lang skates away from another loose puck ... Sammy takes a weak wrister from the blue line ... Lang gets called called for hooking ... Sammy loses the zone on the point ... Lang throws another blind pass across the middle ... it looks like the "Top Of The s***list Competition" is going 7 games ... <_<

:clap::lol: Keep your head up, brother!! Stevie always did:

IPB Image

Does it really matter who it's against? He was a big reason in that game 6 that the Wings advanced. Obviously aside from Franzen, but if not for Lang then OT and Franzen wouldn't have happened.

Wait. Read what I said in my previous posts. :thumbup: I'm giving him mad props for his role these playoffs.

Does it really matter who it's against? He was a big reason in that game 6 that the Wings advanced. Obviously aside from Franzen, but if not for Lang then OT and Franzen wouldn't have happened.

Yes, he was ... credit where credit is due ... but overall, how many games is he a complete non-factor or worse? Hell, if you or I played 82+ games, chances are we'd get lucky and win 1 or 2 of them ...

Guest LivingtheDream

This from the same article:

"Also wouldn’t be surprising if Franzen were moved to the top line, replacing Kyle Calder on the unit with Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg."

Duh!

And he was one of the reasons they didn't win in game 3 or 4. Besides that it was a weak shot, one that I bet Kipper would love to have another crack at. Hell, even Sammy could have fired the puck like that. :P

Honestly, the guy can't fight his through a wet paper sack, let alone fight through a check of San Jose forward. Whatever happened to the Lang that could fight off a check while taking the puck to the net and firing a wrister in the top shelf? There is no sense of urgency, no intensity, anymore. It doesn't take much to knock him off the puck, and he doesn't show much determination on trying to get the puck back. At least Sammy is putting forth the effort, even though it isn't exactly pretty.

If Ansar is correct in his assumption, I would say we will see a much more assertive Lang tomorrow. Yep, UFA, and pride are good reasons to up the intensity, he is good for two goals tomorrow, but will he show up the next game? If not the hook is ready, go Flip!!!

Guest MrSandMan
Lang finished strong in the Calgary series but didn't play well at all in Game 1 of this series

This dude must have watched a different series than I did.

Lang was more horrible than good against the flames. I'm so happy Babs is putting Lang down on the 4th line. But I'd be more happy if he put him in the IR list and brought up any Griffin.

Lang is officially washed up.

Edited by MrSandMan

Is there serious something wrong with a Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi line?

In my opinion ... yes. On paper Homer and Bert look like similar type players, but from what I've seen they play very differently. Homer works well with Z and Dats because he stays out of their way, let's them work their magic, fights for the puck behind the net and gets it back to them, and of course plants himself in front of their goalie which pulls the d-guys down. Bert is different, he wants the puck more but doesn't seem like he has the sweet passing to work with Dats and Z ... he's not content to plant himself in front of the goalie all game, he skates around in front and gets in their way. I just don't think he complements what they do very well.

Well, looks like Babcock is sending out a message to Lang to get it going. I've always tried to give the benefit of the doubt to Lang when he gets ridiculously ripped on here, but he's not getting much done right now. I'm not calling for him to be scratched or anything like that, calling up Langfeld or Kopecky over him is silly and overreactionary, but Lang seriously needs to find another gear somewhere if he wants more ice time.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...S0103/704290322

Ice chips

Robert Lang only played two shifts in the third period (only played 12:20 for the game, had 0 shots on goal) and was relegated to the fourth line most of the game.

Lang is lazy and he sucks™

Getting past that, I did give Lang his due for scoring against Calgary. In fact, Offsides even supplied me with a special Lang avatar! In retrospect though, Lang is probably better on the fourth line. Less ice time means less turnovers for the Wings, and that's always a good thing. And because Filppula is awesome and everything, it's only suiting he starts getting more playing time.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Looks like Babcock is starting to get things right.. Did you guys see the TOI of last game?

Sammy: 11:02

Lang: 12:00

Filp:10:00

Calder only had 7 minutes...

Calder only had 7 minutes...

I thought I'd never say this, but considering how utterly useless Calder has been these playoffs, this comes as no suprise. I guess playing all those years in Chicago has made him forget how to elevate his game in the playoffs.