• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

GAME 2 (4/28): Sharks @ Red Wings (LIVE)

Rate this topic

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

TV: NBC (HD), RSN, TSN (HD)

RADIO: FREE FM 97.1, KFOX 98.5 FM, NHL Radio

SIRIUS: 125 (Schedule)

XM: 205 (Schedule)

IPB Image

â–º Babcock shuffled lines during practice, and it appears there will likely be a lineup change in todays game. (freep.com)

â–º Mark Bell will be in the lineup in place of Joe Pavelski for the Sharks.

â–º The Wings are (1-3) so far in the playoffs when they don't score first. It's been key all season long that they do score the first goal, going (34-5-4) during the regular season and (3-0) in the playoffs when doing so.

â–º You can actually watch the game this time! :P

IPB Image

DETROIT

IPB ImageKyle Calder (Hand); Will Play

IPB ImageTomas Holmstrom (Eye); Out at least until Game 4.

IPB ImageNiklas Kronwall (Back); Out

IPB ImageBrett Lebda (Sore Ankle); Out

IPB ImageMikael Samuelsson (Hand); Will Play

SAN JOSE

None

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Offense

1: HENRIK ZETTERBERG - PAVEL DATSYUK - KYLE CALDER

2: JOHAN FRANZEN - VALTTERI FILPPULA - TODD BERTUZZI

3: KIRK MALTBY - KRIS DRAPER - DAN CLEARY

4: JIRI HUDLER - ROBERT LANG - MIKAEL SAMUELSSON

Defense

1: NICKLAS LIDSTROM - DANNY MARKOV

2: MATHIEU SCHNEIDER - ANDREAS LILJA

3: CHRIS CHELIOS - KYLE QUINCEY

IPB Image

Offense

1: MILAN MICHALEK - JOE THORNTON - JONATHAN CHEECHOO

2: MARK BELL - PATRICK MARLEAU - BILL GUERIN

3: RYANE CLOWE - MARCEL GOC - STEVE BERNIER

4: PAT RISSMILLER - CURTIS BROWN - MIKE GRIER

Defense

1: MATT CARLE - CRAIG RIVET

2: MARC-EDOUARD VLASIC - SCOTT HANNAN

3: KYLE McLAREN - CHRISTIAN EHRHOFF

IPB Image

IPB Image

Highlights

HIGHLIGHTS WILL BE DOWNLOADABLE FOR EACH GAME AS THE SERIES PROGRESSES

ROUND 2 vs SAN JOSE

GAME 1: STREAM - DOWNLOAD

GAME 2:(4/28) SAN @ DET - -3:00 PM ET - (TV: RDS, TSN, NBC)

GAME 3:(4/30) DET @ SAN - 10:00 PM ET - (TV: FSNBA, FSND, RDS, TSN, VERSUS)

GAME 4:(5/02) DET @ SAN - 10:00 PM ET - (TV: RDS, TSN, VERSUS)

GAME 5:(5/05) SAN @ DET - -2:00 PM ET - (TV: RDS, TSN, NBC)*

GAME 6:(5/07) DET @ SAN - --------TBD - (TV: FSND, RDS, TSN, VERSUS)*

GAME 7:(5/09) SAN @ DET - --------TBD - (TV: FSND, TSN, VERSUS)*

* If necessary

ROUND 1 vs CALGARY

DET won series, 4-2

GAME 1: STREAM - DOWNLOAD

GAME 2: STREAM - DOWNLOAD

GAME 3: STREAM - DOWNLOAD

GAME 4: STREAM - DOWNLOAD

GAME 5: STREAM - DOWNLOAD

GAME 6: STREAM - DOWNLOAD

Game 6 Extra: OT Goal + Reaction / Some Post-Game (CBC)

IPB Image

Edited by aflac9262

Wings are winning this one. I am stuck between two scores. 3-1 or 4-2. Hmmmm.. I think I'll go with 3-1 because that's what first came to my mind. Goals: Hank, Bert, Lang

LETS GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Score early, fast and often fellas!

If the sharks can weather the storm early they could take this one. i expect the wings to come out hard and fast. Will the sharks be able to take this, will detroit be able to scrap out a win? That remains to be seen. good luck ... goooo sharks

Edited by clamchop

I just got a call about an hour ago and I'm going to the game today! WHOOP WHOOP! What's even better is I'm going with my uncle and the wings are 8-0 when he has went to games this year including game 1 vs calgary!

I just got a call about an hour ago and I'm going to the game today! WHOOP WHOOP! What's even better is I'm going with my uncle and the wings are 8-0 when he has went to games this year including game 1 vs calgary!

That is freaking AWESOME! You are going to have a GREAT time. How are the seats? Hope you and your Uncle bring them great luck. I'm sure you will. ;)

good GDT as usual aflac! the sharks did not impress me whatsoever on thursday and I think the wings will come with more umph today! lets hit them hard and early and come out with a 4-1 victory!

Apparently Mark Bell will be playing in game 2:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=30060...mp;service=page

["We've got to bring a lot more to the table offensively if we want to be successful in this series," said Wilson.

He's reinserting Mark Bell into his lineup to try and boost the offence.

"He's played a lot in the past against the Red Wings and he's hungry to get back in there," Wilson said.]

Hopefully they can pull themselves together and no collapse for 3 minutes like they did in period 1 of game 1. They did not play that bad in game 1 as they could of easily scored 4 goals, but they could not get a REBOUND.

Key to series of take the shot as soon as you get it and get a REBOUND, pretty simple.

They need to win this one.

Our boys had a meeting today. Watching videos and all...

Off Day for Wings

Dominik Hasek says that the Wings worked on rebounds and second-shot opportunities during practice, and he says the Wings had a team meeting, watched video of the game, and were pleased that they had good scoring chances. He's asked about how he relaxes whne he returns home, and Hasek says he simply doesn't watch the game, gets ready for practice, and gets ready for the next game;

Apparently Mark Bell will be playing in game 2:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=30060...mp;service=page

["We've got to bring a lot more to the table offensively if we want to be successful in this series," said Wilson.

He's reinserting Mark Bell into his lineup to try and boost the offence.

"He's played a lot in the past against the Red Wings and he's hungry to get back in there," Wilson said.]

With Mark "the Useless" Bell in the lineup, I concede this game to the Mighty Mighty Red Wings. His level of suckage is not to be believed. Hopefully, I shall be proved wrong, but I do not have high hopes.

On a totally unrelated note, aflac9262, you make the most gorgeous GTD starter topics I've ever seen. :clap:

With Mark "the Useless" Bell in the lineup, I concede this game to the Mighty Mighty Red Wings. His level of suckage is not to be believed. Hopefully, I shall be proved wrong, but I do not have high hopes.

On a totally unrelated note, aflac9262, you make the most gorgeous GTD starter topics I've ever seen. :clap:

I am still in shock. Mark is really that bad eh? He was one of my FAVES! OUCH. Maybe he needs a fresh start elsewhere to get him going again. I honestly thought he was one of the best in the league..or at least had the potential to be.

Who are the Sharks sitting out for him?

He has an eye for quality, but secretly he does it only to dazzle fans coming from other cities.

One day he hopes to convert someone on the beauty of his GDT presentations alone. This will be the ultimate moment in his artisan-work.

I am still in shock. Mark is really that bad eh? He was one of my FAVES! OUCH. Maybe he needs a fresh start elsewhere to get him going again. I honestly thought he was one of the best in the league..or at least had the potential to be.

Who are the Sharks sitting out for him?

â–º Mark Bell will be in the lineup in place of Joe Pavelski for the Sharks.

according to the GDT :lol:

I am really disappointed to see Mark Bell back in the lineup. I guess they figure they are paying him so much they should justify it. All we heard this year was how maybe he sucked but he just needed time to adjust. He just needed to get past his legal difficulties. He would become a factor in the playoffs. None of that happened. Joe Pavelski did get knocked around a bit in game one, but at least he's creative offensively. Mark Bell is lost on this team.

I am really disappointed to see Mark Bell back in the lineup. I guess they figure they are paying him so much they should justify it. All we heard this year was how maybe he sucked but he just needed time to adjust. He just needed to get past his legal difficulties. He would become a factor in the playoffs. None of that happened. Joe Pavelski did get knocked around a bit in game one, but at least he's creative offensively. Mark Bell is lost on this team.

Frankly I'd rather see Mark Smith, who hasn't played a game in approximately 2 months, in the lineup than Mark Bell. At least Smitty plays with heart. Bell is a black hole of suckiness that drags everyone down with him. Ugh. He's worse than useless, he will be an active benefit to the Wings.