• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grypho

Wings Fans at LGW

Rate this topic

"Maybe you'd be happier at one of our lower stakes tables..........."

That was good! :clap:

How about these:

"You remind me of Lola. She was a showgirl. Still in the dress she used to wear, faded feathers in her hair..."

"Don't mind her, someone dropped a house on her sister."

"No, you've got it wrong. I'm even tougher without the badge and gun."

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Nice to hear the compliments. You're always welcome here. As long as you can talk good hockey you're ok in our books!

Happy Birthday 9 days ago to you Grypho.. checked out your profile is all not a stalker haha

I'm hard to stalk anyway. You have to go through Shanghai to get to me!

Very kind, thank you. Yes, I turned 47 here in China on the 20th. I was here for my 45th birthday also, and that year my Chinese friends here went way overboard with a HUGE Chinese birthday celebration (you don't what a birthday party is like until you've had one in China!). But this year I told nobody, and shrugged off all attempts to throw me a party. That day started off with our final Game 5 victory over the Preds in the last round (I get games here early in the morning), afterwhich I spent the entire day wandering the shores of Lake Taihu, taking in sights, writing, sculpting, and generally enjoying some solitude. One of the best birthdays I've ever had, actually!

Again, thanks for the well wishes.

That was good! :clap:

How about these:

"You remind me of Lola. She was a showgirl. Still in the dress she used to wear, faded feathers in her hair..."

"Don't mind her, someone dropped a house on her sister."

"No, you've got it wrong. I'm even tougher without the badge and gun."

Gezz Griff.....(can I call you Griff?)

I'm only a fan of like 20 movies......3 of which are Star Wars.

Those 3 quotes are just a waste on someone like me. I'm sure the smarter-than-me members in here (IQ>50) can nail 'em down ASAP.

aloha though

p.s. anyone else love "Let It Ride"?

Gezz Griff.....(can I call you Griff?)

I'm only a fan of like 20 movies......3 of which are Star Wars.

Griff's fine. Star Wars, eh?

To the fans in Game 2, after the first period: "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

To those who feel jaded but return anyway: "You should not have come back."

- Griff Vader

...and Let It Ride was great, btw.

That is very cool of you

what about the feeder?

Feeder is a good board too, just doesn't have quite as much participation as this one.

Respectfully begging to differ slightly -- The Feeder rocks. But then I am biased. :blush:

I lurked/posted on the SJS boards for a long time, but it was the most territorial, unfriendly, mean-spirited environment I had ever encounter on the web. My very first day posting there I got into a difference of opinion with another poster whose witty response to me was to call me a fat chick who couldn’t get a date. Yup, that's the way to win an argument! Sadly, this type of behavior is typical for SJS -- very clique-y and insular, they fear outsiders and bicker among themselves and high post-counts mean that you have a higher status than everyone else.

Now, when the SJS Board was shut down not too long ago, I went venturing for another Sharks board. I found The Feeder and was welcomed with open arms from my first post. (Mind you – it was a really good post! :lol:) What a difference to find a board that actually likes adding new members and doesn’t dismiss their posts as that of “n00bs.â€Â

Further, I would like to add that since joining LGW a few days ago, I have been welcomed with open arms both in threads I have posted and in PMs that I have been sent. Thank you for your graciousness.

I am in full agreement with Grypho that this is one of the best sites on the web I’ve found to talk hockey and the fans here are top-notch. As I send in a PM response to one of the LGW regulars, “The way I see it -- this is a Red Wings forum and I am a guest in your house. Why on earth wouldn't I act politely? I would expect the same for any visitors to my boards, and the LGWers who have ventured to the Feeder (my main board) have been awesome. You should check the Feeder out, we're a much smaller board than LGW or the SJS boards, but it's all about quality, not quantity.â€Â

Thanks for being a great site & go Sharks….

Griff's fine. Star Wars, eh?

To the fans in Game 2, after the first period: "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

- Griff Vader

...and Let It Ride was great, btw.

IPB Image

If only we had Darth Bowman back........seriously........I can see him using the lightning.

aloha nui loa

Welcome to the boards Sharky ;)

Wow a fan from China~ I didn't get a chance to read all your posts so if I missed it sorry. But how many games do you get to see?

Edited by ladystanley

Welcome to the boards Sharky ;)

Wow a fan from China~ I didn't get a chance to read all your posts so if I missed it sorry. But how many games do you get to see?

I was listening to all of them from live internet radio feeds, but as of about the middle of the last round, I figured out how to use Sopcast and the VLC player (no guilt here, I paid premiums at home in the States, and would gladly pay the NHL if they'd offer video streams from their site, but they don't, so screw them!), so now I'm seeing them as well. Yeah baby, I get my hockey fix no matter what! Can't do without my hockey fix.

I was listening to all of them from live internet radio feeds, but as of about the middle of the last round, I figured out how to use Sopcast and the VLC player (no guilt here, I paid premiums at home in the States, and would gladly pay the NHL if they'd offer video streams from their site, but they don't, so screw them!), so now I'm seeing them as well. Yeah baby, I get my hockey fix no matter what! Can't do without my hockey fix.

Great thread and posts Grypho.

Sopcast is pretty cool. During the regualr season I watched many games on there. Not bad quailty at all. Of course, if the games where on Yahoo Sports or Comcast Hockey Live, that's the way to go. I assume you can't view those webcasts in China though. What about hooking up with someone with a Slingbox? I haven't looked enough into this to see if you can access it overseas though. :(

Hope to see you posting some more!

Edited by rage

I can't take all this love - I feel woozy. Its the playoffs damnit - this thread has no grit!

Hey Legionnaire, heard Paulina and Floppa combined for 68 - on the front nine (there, that should do it)!

Yeah, Peter couldn't find any golf cleats that didn't hurt his ankle.

:D I wondered if that would draw a response. Good answer!

Now let's swamp TheWestWing with a big group hug, and sway back and forth while humming Kumbaya.

:D I wondered if that would draw a response. Good answer!

Now let's swamp TheWestWing with a big group hug, and sway back and forth while humming Kumbaya.

Uh, we have to draw the line somewhere, and that's as good a place as any. (I got your back, WestWing)

I can't believe how calm the boards have been. Normally I wouldn't be able to count how many people I've banned by now. I'm afraid. I'm very afraid.

Its the playoffs damnit - this thread has no grit!

:lol:

Anyway! Just saw this thread. :) Thanks so much for all the kind words! It is greatly appreciated. I'm very happy you like this forum and feel welcome here. I think that's what helps make this such a great place. :) Thanks for donating too! I'm sure Matt is very grateful.

Thanks again and I hope you continue to post here, even after the series is over and no matter the outcome. Good luck to your team tonight as well. :)

PS - I've always wanted to go to China. You suck :lol:

Its the playoffs damnit - this thread has no grit!

..:: Drops gloves ::..

..:: Skates around with a menacing look ::...

..:: Grypho picks up my gloves, dries them, cleans them....kindly hands them back, asks if I'd like anything to eat or drink while I'm skating around menacingly......::..

Yup......this thread is grit-less. Holland just signed it to a 9 year deal.

..:: Drops gloves ::..

..:: Skates around with a menacing look ::...

..:: Grypho picks up my gloves, dries them, cleans them....kindly hands them back, asks if I'd like anything to eat or drink while I'm skating around menacingly......::..

..:: ...after the almond cookie cookie and green tea are accepted by a puzzled DaKine, Grypho skates back to help the aging Chelios onto the ice, offering him encouragement, before outfitting the Wings net with Hasek's favorite walker... ::..

(I'll the get the hang of it, just give me time) :D

Sorry, you missed one of the rules...

Members who joined since 2004 are not allowed to start topics, think, or breathe.

EUZ, didn't you get the memo, it's 2003 and not 2004! :crazy:

brilliant... my stomach hurts from laughing so hard.

It was a great post to wake up to. Reminded me of a reverse of Beverly Hills Cop (wasn't Axel Foley from Detroit?), only this time, it's a Beverly Hills cop that comes to Detroit.

Oh, and btw, DaKine, you're from Maui. My great grandfather worked on a sugar plantation in Maui, and my grandmother was born there, so it's not like I don't know the rules. Shouldn't you be offering me a lei or something?

It was a great post to wake up to. Reminded me of a reverse of Beverly Hills Cop (wasn't Axel Foley from Detroit?), only this time, it's a Beverly Hills cop that comes to Detroit.

Oh, and btw, DaKine, you're from Maui. My great grandfather worked on a sugar plantation in Maui, and my grandmother was born there, so it's not like I don't know the rules. Shouldn't you be offering me a lei or something?

Where are my manners? Where's the aloha? Geez.

IPB Image

Technically I'm not 'from' Maui. 5 or 6 years now is all. (2 weeks hawaiian) I'm from Detroit - Land of no jobs, now liviing on Maui 'Land of holding down 3 jobs'. My daughter was born here on the island. I can see her giving me the "eh you f*&% haole" look already. I'm pretty sure she's a member of the Hawaiian Nation.

Yer great g-pa musta worked for C&H? god DAMN was THAT some hard work.

You still have people who stay? I prolly know 'em.

Aloha and Shaka.

so what's yer question?

I don't want to buzz-kill the love fest that is this thread by introducing hockey to the conversation, so I'll catch you elsewhere. :)

Yer great g-pa musta worked for C&H? god DAMN was THAT some hard work.

You still have people who stay? I prolly know 'em.

Aloha and Shaka.

My great-grandfather was working there for several years before C&H was founded. He was soldier in the Spanish army from 1893 to 1904, and fought in the Spanish American war, and immigrated to Hawaii (Hawaii was an ally of the U.S. during that war, and was annexed by the U.S. immediately afterward, so he felt he would be safe there from Spanish retribution).

My great-grandfather:

IPB Image

I do still have people there still, but none that I know of on Maui - just Oahu, Kauai, and the Big Island. I'm sure he would have played hockey there if he could have, or at the very least he would have been a fan, but as you know, the ice was total crap in Hawaii at the time, and there were plantation bosses to please. :D

And murf, this is a free thread as far as I'm concerned, no buzz-kill here, hijack at will, no problem.