• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

Datsyuk

Rate this topic

He has been really good this year in the playoffs. I personally think that if Kenny had waited till after the playoffs to bring him back he wouldn't be playing this well. The team commited to him, even with his lack of playoff success and gave him star player money. In turn he felt obligated to earn that money, and so far he has.

Good move re-signing Syuk before the playoffs Kenny!!!

I'm definitely relieved that he's playing well. I'll admit that I had my doubts.

It's looking like I was wrong that re-signing him before the playoffs was a mistake.

I don't want to start a flame war or derail the thread, because this really isn't a knock on Dats. I still think, however that 7 years is too long for just about any player in this league under the cap.

It's just funny because of how he wasn't supposed to produce in the playoffs...somehow wasn't capable, but now is our best playoff performer!

I knew he'd be essential though, he's too great a player...just needed to come into his own.

I'm definitely relieved that he's playing well. I'll admit that I had my doubts.

It's looking like I was wrong that re-signing him before the playoffs was a mistake.

I don't want to start a flame war or derail the thread, because this really isn't a knock on Dats. I still think, however that 7 years is too long for just about any player in this league under the cap.

point well made, but in a business (which many fans forget this franchise IS a business), you have to make some real risks in order to make a big benefit in the end. Was 7 years a risk? Absolutely, but its a risk Illitch was willing to take, and I think it was the right decision. You won't know until the end of the contract whether it paid off though. A lot of people are poo pooing on Tampa's GM for giving Brad Richards $7.5 million per year, especially because he had an off year. But I would bet that his play will turn around just as assuredly as Datsyuk's play in the playoffs did.

Really! So much for the theory that he would do a disappearing act under the pressure of the playoffs. Guess what, suckers - you're dead wrong.

hows that crow taste haroldddd? hahaha im just kidding, good post :lol::thumbup:

I dont give a s*** as to win he signed the contract, just as long as he continues his awesome play. Best part is that he has adapted his game. He is getting dirty goals, not pretty ones. We all know pretty ones are hard to come by in the playoffs. Dats' goal tonight was due to getting to the net, having the courage to go there. Nice Job Dats :)

Edited by Lidstromrules16

Yeah bring it on Dats, keep eliminating Nabokov from the playoffs, so the team Russia could get him for the WHC playoffs. Please do it before 9th of May.

Trust me when I tell you we'll do our best to fulfill your wishes, sir.

Kira

Oh thank you, considering Russia's goalie situation wishing Dats to come to Moscow would not be so thoughtful, though a great center would be helpful. But we have Ovi, Kovi, Malkin, Frolov, Gonchar, suppose that's enough. We leave Dats for Detroit :) keep scoring, man

Edited by DmitrifromRussia

It was a wise move by Kenny. By settling the contract, he [Datsyuk] knows the organization has confidence in him. It's paying off, and even if the Wings get knocked out - it was still a good move since he's producing in the playoffs.

Kira

Oh thank you, considering Russia's goalie situation wishing Dats to come to Moscow would not be so thoughtful, though a great center would be helpful. But we have Ovi, Kovi, Malkin, Frolov, Gonchar, suppose that's enough. We leave Dats for Detroit :) keep scoring, man

All I can say to Mother Russia is Spasiba for giving me the best reason to watch hockey that I've had in ages! :D