• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

Datsyuk

Rate this topic

Anyone catch the wide open net that his SOG was blocked by an opposing player? He should have had 2 goals today!

Pavel is really surprising me and I think a few others. I can't recall who he put on their can in the the Calgary series *Phenuff?* but they checked him and he layed them flat with a little shoulder. The guy has got to be solid. Most expect him just to be an amazing playmaker a la Larionov, but he brings soooooooo much more! I would love to know his weight over the past 3 years.

THe bottom line is; if Pavel is'nt putting up points, the Wings won't win in the post season.

You could tell he was gonna break out this year - his leadership and defensive skills have been phenomenal all year. People forget its not just a switch that gets turned on for the playoffs and that it only comes with certain players.

I called it all season. Datsyuk will perform and Lang wont be much of a difference maker.

IPB Image

gotta love this picture, dats..who doesnt always show emotion, its fantastic when he finally does!

That's an awesome picture, I love it! It will have to go into my next mystery sig.

IPB Image

gotta love this picture, dats..who doesnt always show emotion, its fantastic when he finally does!

I absolutely love that picture...it's so wonderful to see him show such emotion. It's like he's saying, "Take that you SOB's!" I know in Russia, it's like you're not supposed to show your feelings when you score a goal, but he's slowly starting to come out of his shell, and starting to show some passion and emotion. I remember a game this season when he walked into the dressing room after missing a shot, and threw his stick down with this look of pure anger on his face. I'd never seen him show such anger before and I knew when he came back out on that ice, things were gonna be different. And you know, he went back out and scored the game winning goal.

I'm so proud of him. I don't think there is a person on the face of this planet who is happier for him than me. Unless it's him.

I think he's finally learned that you can show your true emotions and we won't think you're terrible for doing so.

Dats is taking lessons from Hudler in the "how to depict pure joy when you score the game winner" happy face department. :yowza:

Funny. Reminds me of a picture I found today taken after Dats' goal:

IPB Image

Kira

I know in Russia, it's like you're not supposed to show your feelings when you score a goal

Well, it's not like that, believe me. It is Dats who always showed calm, confidence, with the stone face killing opposite team, just doing his thing. And look where we are now, I can't say I like it, I love how he shows us emotions.

PS With press he's sharp-witted, but only with the Russian press, I didn't see him maze the American one. I'll try to translate when he'll next time give an interview for the Russian paper. It's always pure fun reading.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say that if Datsyuk wasn't having a good playoffs so far, people would be calling for both Datsyuk's and Holland's head right now.

There are very, very few people I'd personally sign to deals woth more than 5 years. Not Datsyuk, not even Sidney Crosby. That's just too much of a time span I think. Whether this deal works out for all parties involved will remain to be seen given the long length, but so far, so good. It has a looooong way to go though.

However, regardless of how Datsyuk has done so far during the playoffs, I wasn't completely against getting some kind of deal done before the playoffs, just wish it was a bit shorter contract length. I think getting it done before playoffs might be a good factor in helping Datsyuk relax a little bit more, knowing that he'll be a Red Wing for a few more years, like he wanted to be (or so I am assuming).

SouthernWingsFan

Talking about Devil. Perhaps Holland knows something we don't or sign somebody with blood :) Just kidding...

IPB Image

What are you speaking of there you infidel?

Come to think of it, I make a pretty s**tty excuse for the Devil there.

Guest LivingtheDream

My faith in Pasha has never wavered...never ever. I knew he would come out shining.

Faith above all.

Yes, and even more so now will everyone see that both Pavel and Hank absolutely must have a super strong winger in the playoffs. Bert or Franzen are the answer here. I love Homer, but he can do his magic on another line AND the PP. Dats and Hank have suffered in the playoffs due to what I think was absurdly obvious. I mean the reason they were overlookd by so many was size. They overcome this all year long, but playoffs are different. They needed some muscle and help to set them free. Give them that, and it is a done deal.

P.S. I can't wait to see a similar deal for Hank. These two are the future and the franchise.