• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CAredwingsfan91

Franzen's Cheap Shot...

Rate this topic

Hit wasn't a cheapshot. Franzen fully intended to belt Cheechoo but he also fully expected him to touch the puck, which was just a foot or two behind him when he laid the shoulder on him.

Penalty? Absolutely. Cheapshot? Hardly.

did anybody just hear Brett Hull call Franzen's hit on cheechoo a "questionable" cheap shot...umm yeah i don't agree with that one...wtf is hull's problem lately dissin on our boys? :thumbdown:

And his comment that Holmstrom is unnoticable on the ice (this from HULL of all people *FLOAT*) and he has little impact on the team.

Edited by Earthhuman

To help ease your mind..............Hull seems to hate the Wings.

Sorry

QFT

Just because he is a former Wing doesn't mean he is obligated to like them now. Besides, he's Brett Hull. He makes stupid comments about every team. Jeez, just because someone doesn't have their lips glued to the collective asses of the Detroit Red Wings, is the world going to end?

That being said, I still disagree with his thoughts on the hit. Considering it was: A. A clean hit, and B. Cheechoo technically still had possesion, it was anything but cheap.

I really don't think Hull was trying to be a ******...I just htink he has the pressure of being a media persona and still having to deal with critiquing an ex-team of his...kinda the deal where a teacher has their kid in the class they are teaching, so they feel like they have to be extra harsh with them so as not be accused to being too easy? I don't know...I've always liked Hull and I think he's just trying to put his own spin on things...

That said, I don't think it was a cheap shot, and I don't think Franzen is a cheap shot kinda guy.

I really don't think Hull was trying to be a ******...I just htink he has the pressure of being a media persona and still having to deal with critiquing an ex-team of his...kinda the deal where a teacher has their kid in the class they are teaching, so they feel like they have to be extra harsh with them so as not be accused to being too easy? I don't know...I've always liked Hull and I think he's just trying to put his own spin on things...

That said, I don't think it was a cheap shot, and I don't think Franzen is a cheap shot kinda guy.

Hull doesnt have to try to be a ******, he is a ******.

It comes natural to him.

Did anyone see the pre game? Hull was litterally yelling at the other 2. He sounded like a dried up old drunk who hates the world. I dont know who the other former NHLer is to his left (our right).. but he claimed to be a first line power play guy in his day.. and Hull was like.. "Yeah, well that must have been with Atlanta.." ... like, you're not as good as me buddy I broke the 700 mark..

Anyone want some Hull autograph swag? I'm just gonna throw it away.

What makes that pretty retarded is that Ferraro was a decent player. Unfortunately, HockeyDB's down, but here's Wikipedia.

Ray Ferraro

Coming from a Sharks fan's perspective, that hit was totally brutal.

And 100% clean.

Penalty for interference? Yes, because Cheechoo never touched the puck. Dirty? Not on your life, it was a bang-bang play and I think Franzen honestly believed Cheechooo had the puck when he drilled him

Trust me, we just played the Preds. Sharks fans know from dirty hits. This wasn't one of them.

Did anyone see the pre game? Hull was litterally yelling at the other 2. He sounded like a dried up old drunk who hates the world. I dont know who the other former NHLer is to his left (our right).. but he claimed to be a first line power play guy in his day.. and Hull was like.. "Yeah, well that must have been with Atlanta.." ... like, you're not as good as me buddy I broke the 700 mark..

yes that was really low.

im getting so tired of brett hull.

Yep. And his foot was in the crease in 1999.

hahahahahahaha :lol:

Hull really hates the Wings. He has nothing really nice to say about them...

Hull has nothing nice to say about anyone except himself.

When the pre-game started, I said out loud "uuhhg, Brett Hull. This guy's a major a-hole." 15 seconds after he started talking, my wife, 3-years new to hockey, goes "Wow. He IS an a-hole." There's no way in hell this guy should be doing national broadcasts.

As for the hit, I didn't like it. It was perfectly legal, with the exception of the no-puck-touch interference call, but not an illegal hit if Cheechoo had the puck. The reason I didn't like it is because I don't like head shots. I don't have a solution as to how the NHL should clean up head shots, but to hold to a policy that says that shoulder-to-head contact is somehow less egregious than elbow-to-head contact escapes my logic.

It wasn't a cheap shot, a interference penalty, by definition of the rules yes, the ref made a decent call it didn't cost us the game or anything I say let it go.

Brett Hull is a piece of sh*t, He is obviously (to me anyways) very upset that he can no longer play in the NHL and he takes it out on any and every one he can, whenever he can.

The most upsetting part about this is, When Brett Hull came to the team I very quickly became a very big fan of his and I was pretty upset when we let him go. Its just disheartening to see one of my 'favorite' players fall so very fall from grace in my eyes. :(

And as far as the Franzen hit, it was a check on a guy he thought had the puck, and it was a clean check, though since he didn't have the puck it was called interference and that was all that had to be discussed on the play...Hull needs to shut his yapper

From one Sharks fan's perspective: That pretty much summed it up. No cheap shot. Not even an attempt at anything but a clean hit on a player he thought had the puck. AND he took a penalty for it. Nothing to see here. Hull was looking for something that wasn't there.

Just because he is a former Wing doesn't mean he is obligated to like them now. Besides, he's Brett Hull. He makes stupid comments about every team. Jeez, just because someone doesn't have their lips glued to the collective asses of the Detroit Red Wings, is the world going to end?

No but a little support would be nice from a former team mate. No one I have seen ever gives the Wings there due, even the 2 chuckle heads on what is suppose to be FSN Detroit barely give the team credit. Nothing against Thorton or Cheechoo but I was getting kind of sick about hearing how big or how fast they were. I thought the announcers were going down during the intermissions and getting blown.

Edited by Edge

The NBC has clearly got it wrong. Hull is a terrible sportscaster. He stutters during his comments, he has no flow of his thoughts and above all he makes comments that shows AS IF he has no hockey sense.

Hard to believe from a 700+ goal scorer.

Typical american......always running the mouth

You're American! :P

Anyways, if Franzen hit Cheecho 30, 40 feet away from the puck where there was no play involvement, I'd buy the argument of a cheapshot.

Cheecho might not have had the puck, but the puck was around his general vicinity, and Franzen thought he was going to carry the puck, hence the hit, in my opinion. Franzen goofed up on that judgement.

As stated a few other times in this thread...Justified penalty? Probably so. Cheap shot? No.