• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CAredwingsfan91

Franzen's Cheap Shot...

Rate this topic

I didnt see the hit so I cant comment. Maybe it was questionable, but undoubtedly not intentional.

Either way, Hull always has to take a position to stir up s*** - its his job. His opinion isnt rule, so we dont need to pay too much attention to it.

did anybody just hear Brett Hull call Franzen's hit on cheechoo a "questionable" cheap shot...umm yeah i don't agree with that one...wtf is hull's problem lately dissin on our boys? :thumbdown:

Brett Hull is the American Don Cherry, he says what he wants when he wants without thinking about it..."Datsyuk is siging with Washington to play with his best friend Alex Overchicken (no offense to ovechkin I love the guys playing)"

I believe he played with his best friend and linemate who assisted tonights game winning goal...Zetterberg...after re-signing with the wings...

And as far as the Franzen hit, it was a check on a guy he thought had the puck, and it was a clean check, though since he didn't have the puck it was called interference and that was all that had to be discussed on the play...Hull needs to shut his yapper

Either way, Hull always has to take a position to stir up s*** - its his job. His opinion isnt rule, so we dont need to pay too much attention to it.

yeah very true...just i'm curious to know why hes so bitter towards us after he won a damn cup here, oh well though, but you make a very good point my friend.

yeah very true...just i'm curious to know why hes so bitter towards us after he won a damn cup here, oh well though, but you make a very good point my friend.

perhaps he's still bitter that we waxed the blues 5-1 on his jersey retirement night :D

Edited by lets go pavel

I started cracking up when they started talking about the octopus. Brett asked if they got them from the Detroit River. Clement just stared at him in disbelief as he tried to answer without using a phrase like, "Did your parents meet at a family reunion?"

i don't get hull,....eariler in the game someone said that the wings missed holmstrom. Hull remarked "i don't know why he isn't out there, he couldn't see when i played with him". Zero class brett

Did anyone see the pre game? Hull was litterally yelling at the other 2. He sounded like a dried up old drunk who hates the world. I dont know who the other former NHLer is to his left (our right).. but he claimed to be a first line power play guy in his day.. and Hull was like.. "Yeah, well that must have been with Atlanta.." ... like, you're not as good as me buddy I broke the 700 mark..

Anyone want some Hull autograph swag? I'm just gonna throw it away.

I like Hull, but he's way off base on this one.

If Cheechoo takes the puck (like Franzen thought he was going to do) then it would have been a legal hit. How is that a cheap shot?

Did anyone see the pre game? Hull was litterally yelling at the other 2. He sounded like a dried up old drunk who hates the world. I dont know who the other former NHLer is to his left (our right).. but he claimed to be a first line power play guy in his day.. and Hull was like.. "Yeah, well that must have been with Atlanta.." ... like, you're not as good as me buddy I broke the 700 mark..

um i'll take it

I saw that, it was really a classless move if you ask me, of course he was trying to be funny about it but it just came off as rude and the other dude wasn't laughing.

Then he was talking about how great Thornton's vision is and how if he would've played with him he would have broke 700 goals, then he goes, "oh wait, I did break 700, HARHAR!"....what an *******...

I saw that, it was really a classless move if you ask me, of course he was trying to be funny about it but it just came off as rude and the other dude wasn't laughing.

Then he was talking about how great Thornton's vision is and how if he would've played with him he would have broke 700 goals, then he goes, "oh wait, I did break 700, HARHAR!"....what an *******...

ray ferraro was PISSED when hull made that comment...clement had to step in and change the subject.

Hull is one of those types who I think is an ******* but enjoy his commentary as I find it interesting, i.e. Don Cherry syndrome. As for the Franzen's hit, he didn't head hunt or lead with his elbow or charge and it wasn't until the replay that I realized Cheechoo didn't even have the puck on that. It was just a mistake by Franzen and it gave San Jose a power play in the third that could have been extremely costly.

Justice was served end of story, Hully just needs to think before he says stuff, of course if he did that he probably wouldn't have the job he does today and would offer nothing unique to anything. Lord knows he doesn't have a great commentator voice or a broad vocabulary or chemistry with anyone. The one asset he does have is that he says what he thinks irregardless of how others might take it.