• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ColdWarrior

Hullies Octo-Knowledge

Rate this topic

Great line after a great game... Barry/Bret/Ray talking about how the Octo's get in, saying they'd hate to have one of those hidden on them for the whole game waiting for the Wings to tie up that game.

Hullie says: I don't even know where they get them (octo's), from the detroit river you think?

Barry says (while looking at Hull like he's an idiot): No, uh, they don't live there. :lol:

You'd think having played in detroit, he'd know a bit more about it. ;)

:ph34r:

Great line after a great game... Barry/Bret/Ray talking about how the Octo's get in, saying they'd hate to have one of those hidden on them for the whole game waiting for the Wings to tie up that game.

Hullie says: I don't even know where they get them (octo's), from the detroit river you think?

Barry says (while looking at Hull like he's an idiot): No, uh, they don't live there. :lol:

DEE DEE

Well Hull never lived in Detroit - he lived in Birmingham, MI which is a world away from Detroit.

You know he meant the Detroit area.

As far as Hull's comment, it was obviously a joke.

If he was being serious, that confirms he has to be on something while broadcasting. Hull is just ridiculous sometimes.

I think it was a joke, all kinds of things in the Detroit River. That thing is nasty.

There is no way that was a joke on Hull's part.

I’m sorry pal, but there’s no way he was serious.

Come on…you don’t honestly believe that Hull truly thinks that fans fish octopi out of the Detroit River and then take them inside and lob them onto the ice, do you? Give the guy a little credit. Sheesh.

that was awesome. i felt bad for him. clement's response was even better.

If he was being serious, that confirms he has to be on something while broadcasting. Hull is just ridiculous sometimes.

I think it was a joke, all kinds of things in the Detroit River. That thing is nasty.

yeah, i gotta say, i thought hull would be a much better broadcaster. i thought he'd be funny and sharp, but he sucks and he says lots of dumb things.

Too many hits to the head for that guy. He was dead serious. He asked "do you think they get them from the detroit river?" in the same voice with which a child might ask "do you think santa gets down the chimney by slicking it with butter?"

Too many hits to the head for that guy. He was dead serious. He asked "do you think they get them from the detroit river?" in the same voice with which a child might ask "do you think santa gets down the chimney by slicking it with butter?"

Kids are so stupid some times. It's obvious that Santa is a master lock-pick.

I do know for a fact that it was a Shark fan that caught this in the Detroit river, then threw it on the ice!

IPB Image

At first glance this picture depicts a bearded wild man, shouting at the top of his lungs, his mind consumed with a bloodlust, cornering a dejecting young woman, about to crush her with an enormous cartoon fish.

A frightful image indeed.

Todays game had a good turn out for Octopi. I think in total there was 3 but Al only picked up the first one :( .

All the ice girls do is pick it up off the ice and bring it off, Al picks it up and swings it over his head while running on the ice, screaming (which gets me more pumped and is way more entertaining).

Keep 'em comin' Wings fans! Lets see some octopi in SJ :thumbup:

Todays game had a good turn out for Octopi. I think in total there was 3 but Al only picked up the first one :( .

All the ice girls do is pick it up off the ice and bring it off, Al picks it up and swings it over his head while running on the ice, screaming (which gets me more pumped and is way more entertaining).

Keep 'em comin' Wings fans! Lets see some octopi in SJ :thumbup:

Today's girl earns respect for picking up two at once and NOT using a shovel.

that was awesome. i felt bad for him. clement's response was even better.

yeah, i gotta say, i thought hull would be a much better broadcaster. i thought he'd be funny and sharp, but he sucks and he says lots of dumb things.

Funny, I just reopened this to read replies & realized I said Barry instead of Bill. Surprised nobody's gone nuts about that faux pas. LGW members must be too happy about the win to nitpick. :)

As for if it was a joke or not, it did not seem like a joke to me... or I wouldn't have laughed so hard. And it was Clements response that made it so freakin funny, and he obviously didn't think it was a joke either.

So I'm convinced: Hull is, in fact, an idiot when it comes to marine biology. Given his mad hockey skills, I shall therefore assume he is part genius and part idiot. Thus, Hull is an idiot savant.

Hull was serious, it was obvious the way he said it. I am quickly learning to hit mute whenever he speaks.

I agree. She deserves a :clap: . I was impressed!! :)

:thumbup::clap: Big ups for her in doing that. A lot of Grown men in other barns are wimps and do not even pick it up with their bare hands.

:octo:

My favorite octopus comments have been the ones about what happens to them after they're picked up off the ice. During one of the other games one of the commentators (I don't remember who) said something like "I wonder if that's going into the Detroit River". Why would they throw a dead octopus in the Detroit River? And then it was mentioned again in a different way and they said something about how it wouldn't be environmentally friendly...lol. Ummmmm...how about a garbage can??

It was certainly a joke. It wasn't funny. The only thing about the comment that is funny is the fact that there are people who honestly believe that Brett Hull honestly believes that there are fans who fish octopi out of the Detroit and them lob then on to the ice at the Joe. That's definitely a laugher.

It was obviously a joke, Bill Clement made himself look like a fool, if you can watch the re play anywhere, you can see Brett look at the camera in disbelief and crack a little bit of a smile as if to say "get a load of this guy" Brett Hull knows that they don't live in the Detroit River... :rolleyes: Please people, have some faith in humankind

Edited by Elshupacabra