• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YoungGuns1340

Why does NHL.com suck so much?

Rate this topic

I got to NHL.com a lot to check the scores of the game. I don't know why I waste my time - I guess its just a habit - but the amount of errors on that site is ridiculous. Youd think the official site for the league would be the one you could go to for all the right information - apparently not.

Today is a perfect example. I only saw the last 10 minutes of the game today, but after the game was over, I went to check how the game went down according to the scores and apparently, Pavel Datsyuk's goal today was an empty netter. Now, I understand that Datsyuk did have Nabby beat and the net was gaping, but still, how can you screw up something so simple??

On top of that, it took them about a week after the playoffs started for them to actually put up the playoff stats. Now, I can tolerate this crap from sites like ESPN - its expected - but its just embarassing for the site to have such stupid mistakes.

Sorry for the rant, but its been bugging me for a few years now.

You guys in here get worked up so unnecessarily over the most miniscule things in here sometimes.

They made a mistake, who cares? We all know what happened, who assisted the goal, etc. etc., and it's not like the site has crashed or has been down for 4 days straight or something,

Lighten up.

You guys in here get worked up so unnecessarily over the most miniscule things in here sometimes.

They made a mistake, who cares? We all know what happened, who assisted the goal, etc. etc., and it's not like the site has crashed or has been down for 4 days straight or something,

Lighten up.

I think that the point about this kind of complaining is that the NHL is struggling to maintain and improve its image and its fan base. When the "OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE" doesn't even care enough to make sure that the statistics that it posts are accurate, then it really doesn;t put their best foot forward.

ESPN's site also had Datsyuk's goal as an empty netter at first too. There's like one agency that supplies all the sites with the stats and boxscores. So don't blame NHL.com for it.

ESPN's site also had Datsyuk's goal as an empty netter at first too. There's like one agency that supplies all the sites with the stats and boxscores. So don't blame NHL.com for it.

In that case, I would say it's the fault of the AP. They usually write the postgame articles and such, and probably got the stats wrong.

Of course, we could always follow a LGW tradition and say what how the guys at ESPN are bunch of idiots and non-hockey savvy dumbf***s. Care to join in? :P

(I hope you all picked that up as a joke too :hehe: )

I get the scores sent to me via text after every period of every game (I travel a lot and want to keep up). I got it though Hotmail and MSN.

Today I got a report of "Detroit 2 - San Jose 2 after the 3rd period". Glad I was actually home for this one, eh?!

Guest Tunbo Batman

it should come as no surprise, since the NHL sucks, that its official site would suck too.

I think that the point about this kind of complaining is that the NHL is struggling to maintain and improve its image and its fan base. When the "OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE" doesn't even care enough to make sure that the statistics that it posts are accurate, then it really doesn;t put their best foot forward.

Yup thats exactly the point. The NHL has so many image problems already, youd think theyd make sure their official site was on its toes all the time.

Guest Tunbo Batman

I think the only thing that doesn't suck about the NHL is the game itself.

QFT :D

Hockey is such a beautiful sport, even the NHL cant ruin it :P

Even the "Frozen Moment" thing, which I like btw, is a lame photo this time. Granted, it's from the Wings/Sharks game so I can't complain too much but it's just such a nothing shot. This photo would've been much better.

IPB Image

wurd,

esteef

it's a lot better than last year's site, and next year they plan to do even more

they are supposs to be redesigning all 30 teams website and make them more like MLB, uniform and with bet writers