• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitBoy313

The OFFICIAL I HATE RON WILSON THREAD...

Rate this topic

OK, here is a Sharks' fan's perspective....

Starting an "I hate Ron Wilson" thread because you don't like his commentary or attitude only sinks you to to the intellectual level of Predators fans, a majority of whom spent all of last round on their boards bitching and moaning about Ron Wilson being so whiney and getting all the calls because he whined so much and how the whole league was against them and how Ron Wilson has the refs in his pocket because he whined all the time and how it just wasn't fair and how the Preds had to overcome the opposing team and the league because everyone was against them and because Ron Wilson was a whiner. God, it was so pathetic. I don't think you could find a less informed group of fans if you tried.

Now, by starting up a silly "I hate Ron Wilson" thread, do you really want to be seen as comparable to people who are that clueless?

Maybe you didnt read through the entire thread, but there are a lot of people who dont agree with the poster.

And Im sure there are plenty of threads on Sharks boards that are assinine as well. Happens on every board.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Yeah Wilson has a reason to ***** about everything. I'm getting sick of a female interviewing during a game, I say just mic up a player or talk to them during intermission. Kinda distracting.

And the camera angle from the goalie's net is weird too.

Yeah Wilson has a reason to ***** about everything. I'm getting sick of a female interviewing during a game, I say just mic up a player or talk to them during intermission. Kinda distracting.

And the camera angle from the goalie's net is weird too.

What?

Maybe you didnt read through the entire thread, but there are a lot of people who dont agree with the poster.

And Im sure there are plenty of threads on Sharks boards that are assinine as well. Happens on every board.

No, I did read the whole thread. And I wasn't aiming my remarks at Wings fans as a group, but more towards those few who are rambling about the opposing coach and his comments. We saw so much of it from the Preds fans in round one that it just became comical. I felt that if those few who got all up in arms about Wilson's comments (which were mild at best and certainly not derogatory towards the Wings in any way) could see how ridiculous they sound that it might make a smidge of difference.

But then again, probably not. ;)

i don't know about whining but he is def a cocky bastard who thinks Sharks are alpha and omega, and will dominate any teams if they feel like playing. that is my impression. ;)

and as far as I know, there are many, many people who get worked up over for nothing. (yes that includes you.. and me) but IMO that's the beauty of being a sports fan.

ps. royal sharks fans, do not to participate TOO much in what seems to be a biased argument; nothing good can come out of it here in Wings forum.

Guest Crymson

Does anyone else notice how much s*** this guy talks?????? I mean this guy does not credit nothing to the wings!

During the game he was interviewd and he clearly said well AFTER THAT FLUKY goal....talking about Zetterbergs goal which was fluky BUT he didn't see the 2nd goal that we clearly handed to them.Then in the press conference he stated that all the 3 goals we scored was not because of our pressure or good play but was because they turned the puck over...ahahahah OMG.This guy is something,I hate this dude man foreal.

He clearly didn't like the consecutive years in which the Cup-bound Wings bounced his teams from the playoffs.

Does anyone else notice how much s*** this guy talks?????? I mean this guy does not credit nothing to the wings!

During the game he was interviewd and he clearly said well AFTER THAT FLUKY goal....talking about Zetterbergs goal which was fluky BUT he didn't see the 2nd goal that we clearly handed to them.Then in the press conference he stated that all the 3 goals we scored was not because of our pressure or good play but was because they turned the puck over...ahahahah OMG.This guy is something,I hate this dude man foreal.

IPB Image

ps. royal sharks fans, do not to participate TOO much in what seems to be a biased argument; nothing good can come out of it here in Wings forum.

For the record, nothing in this thread as fazed or riled me in the least. RW is known for using media statements like those in press conferences to talk to his own team more than anyone else, and you can see that in the way that he praises and rebukes the team, and even specific lines and individuals, publicly. For me that's the whole perspective - or at least, what I believe is the perspective that he's trying to put out to the Sharks. The fact that the public is listening seems almost incidental in his mind, the way I read it. He's definitely not talking to the fans of the opposing team.

But the idea that Wilson give zero credit to the opposition is one that simply isn't true. It's true that he'll refuse to give credit, or minimize credit at times, but that isn't an absolute at all.

In his last press conference, Wilson says, "We were the best team in the league, and I think Detroit was second, but we're not a hundred percent....you know, a lot of those times you're playing against, uh, say like Chicago, or a bottom-dweller, you don't lose those games, but when you're playing against the elite teams it's a little difficult. It's a little different."

Now that could easily be taken as a direct slam against Detroit, as RW marginalizes or diminishes Detroit's regular season record, by implying that the record is inflated due to victories over the so-called "bottom-dweller".

But the Wilson goes on to say immediately after, "It's like, 'why doesn't Joe score five points a game?', well damn it, we're playing the Detroit Red Wings! You know, look around, look who we're playing, we're playing the top teams in the league. It's hard out there. So, uh, why aren't there fifty-five scoring chances because the teams are so good offensively? Well, we're the two best defensive teams in the Western Conference, figure it out! A good defense'll trump a good offense any day of the week."

Anyway, I'm not posting to change any opinions, and it doesn't bother me if other fans hate the Sharks' coach, any more than it bothers me if Sharks fans hate him (and some do). My only concern is how well he coaches the Sharks, and how effective they are at winning as a result. The rest is a very distant second in my mind.

Edited by Grypho

Ok, someone enlighten me on why calling a fluky goal "a fluky goal" is such a bad thing. I believe I've heard him say the Red Wings are a talented team and pointed out that they are the number one ranked team in the West. Some people just need to be a little less defensive and not base their opinions on one or two comments they've heard.

During pre-game he was saying how Thorton's size will win over Lidstrom. So glad Lidstrom got a goal!

Huh? Lidstrom scoring a powerplay goal does nothing to discredit Wilson's statement. Right around the time of your post is when Thornton started dominating...right on cue!

I really don't listen to too many of Wilson's statements, but what I've heard is just a passionate coach. I'm not sure where the whiny part comes in. Not many coaches with 1,000 games under their belt...

I guess if there's something that has pissed me off through the season it's been his inability to overcome the "no show" bug, where our guys simply do not show up as a team. We'll get beat through the game (regular season) and he refuses to call a time out.

The players do, however, like him, and find him MUCH easier to play for than Sutter, our former coach.

Huh? Lidstrom scoring a powerplay goal does nothing to discredit Wilson's statement. Right around the time of your post is when Thornton started dominating...right on cue!

yeah, the thronton-lidstrom battle has definitely been won by thornton so far.

I agree... time for Lidstrom to stab Thorton in a kidney... that should do it.

I think you're right, that should do it.

Wait...do what? I'm thinking that would be good for the Sharks. What were you thinking? :D

I think Wilson is a whiney piece of crap...

but if I were a sharks fan, i'd probably love him for it.

That summed it up good!

Man, did the coach bashing get ugly during our series, or what? Sharks fans were absolutely brutal against Trotz -- which made me pity him, actually, because Preds fans, for as much as they hated Wilson with a purple passion, weren't much kinder to Trotz either!

Count me among the leaders of the pack on Preds fans who want to give Trotz the boot.

but yeah, Preds fans pretty much hate Wilson. I think most of it is form the perception of the first series still holding over. In game 1 Preds scored 3 PP goals and won the game, Wilson goes and cries about it after the game, and suddenly for the rest of the series the Preds seemingly can't touch anyone without going to the box.

it wasn't anywhere near that this season, but a lot of fans still held a grudge from the first time. then you look at the series this season, Sharks win game 1, and Wilson goes off about the Preds dirty play. Lose game 2 and "No Comment". Nothing wrong with that, actually a great play by Wilson since it worked up all of Nashville into a frenzy. We were waiting for him to go postal in the post game and instead we get "No Comment"... damn

After game 5 last round Scott Hannan was being interviewed and Wilson walked by and tried unsuccessfully to grab his hat. A few minutes later when Ron was being interviewed the guy brought it up and he said "That's a small hat and a big head, there's no way I'm getting that off." or something like that. In hindsight it was a lot more funny during the euphoria of having trumped the Preds in five again...

I'm not sure how this fits into the argument, I'm pretty much just throwing it out there.

You also need to realize that the person who started this thread does not speak for all Hockey or Red Wings fans. Welcome to the site and enjoy yourself.

But this is the OFFICIAL Ron Wilson haters thread. Act like you know son...

Edited by Bannedforlife