• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-Game 2: Red Wings 3, Sharks 2 (4/28)

Rate this topic

Great comeback. If we win this series, we'll look back to today as the turning point.

I never thought I'd see the day where this sentence was uttered, but Dan Cleary is our best forward right now. Crazy world we live in!

In all seriousness, I think we turned this game around when we started hitting. That seemed to soften up San Jose and get us more into the game. We also did a much better job of driving to the net, not settling for outside shots.

Edited by Airborn

Bertuzzi is just a force...no one can move him. I love that. Flip --- awesome as always, I can't say enough about the youngins. Huds had a good game, I thought, he was all over the place, though at the end I didn't see him as much. Cleary...well everyone's already said it...haha. And Datsyuk's line is just top notch...I'm so glad it's clicking again!

I can't believe it was a stupid dumb shot by Sammy that caused the GWG. Between that and Lang's Famous Fanned Fling in Game 6 I think we've got the luck of the sumfin on our side.

He shot it on purpose -- I'm certain he saw Datsyuk in behind the play and was looking for a deflection or a rebound... and a rebound it was.

I'm usually pretty quick to harp on Samuelsson but I thought he actually played pretty well -- he had a few great hard passes looking for teammates that just didn't convert, but they were great plays.

Sure would like to know what's up with Lidstrom, though. At least three *horrible* give aways and Markov had to bail him out on two of them.

Can we just give Cleary the 1st and 2nd star and the 3rd to Flip?

Only seems fair.

Pavel and Hank were pretty solid out there too ... if Bert hadn't f*&ked up every other scoring chance we might have put #3 up sooner.

Pavel and Hank were pretty solid out there too ...

I'm not saying they weren't -- but you can't deny that this comeback wasn't spurred by the balls-out hockey that Cleary was playing from the moment he stepped on the ice this afternoon and you can't discount how incredible Filppula was in protecting the puck and on the penalty kill, either.

Pavel and Hank were pretty solid out there too ... if Bert hadn't f*&ked up every other scoring chance we might have put #3 up sooner.

This wasn't Tuzzi's best game, but I do think he's going to get it together and will be a force if we keep him on the top line.

All I can say is thank god his dumb penalty didn't cost us. I don't even want to think of how many "Bertuzzi Sucks" threads there would be right now.

I'm not saying they weren't -- but you can't deny that this comeback wasn't spurred by the balls-out hockey that Cleary was playing from the moment he stepped on the ice this afternoon and you can't discount how incredible Filppula was in protecting the puck and on the penalty kill, either.

No doubt about it. Cleary is the catalyst for this team right now.

I only saw the first period, but that Zetterberg goal really reminded me of Nick Lidstroms 02 goal in Vancover. Just shot it at net and some how went in. When it went in, the first thing I said was maybe this will change everything around. I guess it did

This wasn't Tuzzi's best game, but I do think he's going to get it together and will be a force if we keep him on the top line.

All I can say is thank god his dumb penalty didn't cost us. I don't even want to think of how many "Bertuzzi Sucks" threads there would be right now.

No doubt about it. Cleary is the catalyst for this team right now.

Bertuzzi wasn't bad in the game, I think people are expecting him to be something he's not. He's seriously unmoveable which is just crazy...but yeah I'm glad the penalty didn't cost.

He shot it on purpose -- I'm certain he saw Datsyuk in behind the play and was looking for a deflection or a rebound... and a rebound it was.

Oh I'm sure he did... Sammy always launches his shots with purpose. ;)

I'm usually pretty quick to harp on Samuelsson but I thought he actually played pretty well -- he had a few great hard passes looking for teammates that just didn't convert, but they were great plays.

I'm thinking of the slap pass he made in the second to... someone... that would've been a sure goal if they had tapped it. I was just about to sigh at another Sammy long bomb when BAM! He pulls that out of the hat.

100% agreed ... Cleary's bringing an intensity and will that I don't think we've seen from him before ... sweet! And yup, Flip had another strong game ...

Sure would like to know what's up with Lidstrom, though. At least three *horrible* give aways and Markov had to bail him out on two of them.

yeah, it's rare to see him like this. maybe a shift or two here and there, but he's play pretty poorly for two solid games. you know something's up when markov is bailing out lidstrom.

Bertuzzi wasn't bad in the game, I think people are expecting him to be something he's not. He's seriously unmoveable which is just crazy...but yeah I'm glad the penalty didn't cost.

I'm not a Bert hater, but today there were 3 plays when I noticed him on the ice ... the goalie interference he took while Z was swooping around the back of the net ... the penalty near the end of the game ... and the play when he put Thornton into the net, and skated right past a loose puck in front of the crease in the process ... not a good day for him, I hope he picks it up ...

I want to marry Dan Cleary. That man is just AMAZING!!!!!! klsjdkjgskgs he is becoming the heart and soul of this Wings team and I absolutely LOVE it.

Flip was fantastic today as well! Especially on the PP where I forgot who it was from the Sharks? He came at Flip and Flip just fended him off with a big hit and kept the puck. The man has got skill.

Markov was a BEAST out there tonight! Schneids played really well too!

Dats and Hank were great. The last two periods showed us what the Wings are capable of.

The best part? The Wings are the only team so far in this years playoffs that came back from a 2-0 deficit and won.

Also it just shows the Wings CAN play with the Sharks. They took it to 'em after the first in every aspect, hits, plays, etc..

I don't care how 'HUGE' the Sharks are, the Wings can hang with them and they can play just as big.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to marry Dan Cleary. That man is just AMAZING!!!!!! klsjdkjgskgs he is becoming the heart and soul of this Wings team and I absolutely LOVE it.

Flip was fantastic today as well! Especially on the PP where I forgot who it was from the Sharks? He came at Flip and Flip just fended him off with a big hit and kept the puck. The man has got skill.

Markov was a BEAST out there tonight! Schneids played really well too!

Dats and Hank were great. The last two periods showed us what the Wings are capable of.

The best part? The Wings are the only team so far in this years playoffs that came back from a 2-0 deficit and won.

Also it just shows the Wings CAN play with the Sharks. They took it to 'em after the first in every aspect, hits, plays, etc..

I don't care how 'HUGE' the Sharks are, the Wings can hang with them and they can play just as big.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!

great post HC, got my blood pumping, and yeah i think the fact that we came back from 2-0 down was absolutely amazing!

Oh I'm sure he did... Sammy always launches his shots with purpose. ;)

:lol: Let me re-phrase that: Samuelsson wanted to get the puck on net so Datsyuk could either deflect it or have a chance at the rebound.