• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-Game 2: Red Wings 3, Sharks 2 (4/28)

Rate this topic

The first line of TSN's postgame review notes:

The average size of San Jose players is six foot two and 214 pounds, while the Red Wings average six feet and 198

This well's never gonna dry, is it?

Did you also notice how they constantly throw the slander of empty seats in there too? In the middle of the third period, I saw about five empty seats tops. TSN overblows this whole thing with the seats and the attendance so much, it's ridiculous.

Did you also notice how they constantly throw the slander of empty seats in there too? In the middle of the third period, I saw about five empty seats tops. TSN overblows this whole thing with the seats and the attendance so much, it's ridiculous.

NBC is probably the best place to wathc detroit games ( If not FSN).

Only if you can handle Hullie for 2 intermissions and a post game thingy

In game 1, Wings had 30 hits to SJ 24. Today both teams had 23 hits. The only thing that the Wings did better in this game, statistically, were faceoffs wins 58% in Gm 2 to 42% in Gm 1, and 3 goals on 23 shots instead of 0 for 30. :P

The game can't be defined purely by statistics though.

The Wings put some hits on today that rocked people (Lilja, Franzen, and a couple others). Whereas, in Game 1, I don't remember a single big hit.

Only if you can handle Hullie for 2 intermissions and a post game thingy

Brett Hull only bothers me when he says things that are completely out of complex. IE Calgary has so much more talent then the Wings. Him saying that made me s*** my pants it was so funny (and stupid!). Beyond Iginla and Tanguay, who on Calgary is not a stick-wielding windmill on that team?

That article was just so professionally written... take a gander at this line:

"Overall, this had to rate as one of the poorest games of the post-season in any series. San Jose was doing the same thing it did in its 2-0 Game 1 victory, shifting into neutral after getting a lead, while Detroit again seemed incapable of mounting any concerted offence."

I mean, ouch. Pretty scathing stuff from a stupid AP report.

That article was just so professionally written... take a gander at this line:

"Overall, this had to rate as one of the poorest games of the post-season in any series. San Jose was doing the same thing it did in its 2-0 Game 1 victory, shifting into neutral after getting a lead, while Detroit again seemed incapable of mounting any concerted offence."

I mean, ouch. Pretty scathing stuff from a stupid AP report.

I'm actually picking up vibes that someone on TSN or Grapes wrote that article. Despite the Wings winning, I see little to almost no compliments in there at all.

I can't believe it was a stupid dumb shot by Sammy that caused the GWG. Between that and Lang's Famous Fanned Fling in Game 6 I think we've got the luck of the sumfin on our side.

Not luck. Just Bernie.

Go WINGS!!!

Good to see that number 5 up there.

:clap:

IPB Image

That guy is amazing!

oh BOY am I glad we came back to win that game! I gotta be honest boys, I punched a hole through a door in my apartment after SJ scored their second goal.

If I take anything out of this game, it's this: so many people have been saying that we can't hang with the sharks. In this game, the sharks were in complete control of the game at the beginning. And when it looked like it couldn't possibly get any worse for the Wings, we pulled it together, made some adjustments, took control back, and stole the win from their hands.

This game proved we can take them. We played like total s*** to start out, and still won it. That's not luck. we were pretty even in shots on goal/scoring chances, and Hasek stood on his head. Cleary played out of his mind, and we fought to win.

Let's see how we do in the Tank. But I'm tellin you, the Wings can take 'em!

Wings in 7!

I was at this one and it was a thrilling game. I thought our boys were dead in the water after those early goals. But they gradually took control of the game and it was inspiring seeing how they scratched their way back into it. Dan Cleary is unbelievable, and Filppula played a great game. When they scored the winning goal, I let out a cathartic yell. I think almost everyone else did, too. The Joe was deafening at that point.

Hell of a game.

I dig the guy in the middle there throwin' up the horns for the Wings. The guy on the far right looks like a goddamned mime.

People always look so silly in freeze frame...

My own photo: Cleary displays incredible grace and balance. Only on his tippy-toes! Vlasic can't understand how he didn't put Dano on his rear. :D

IPB Image

Let's not overlook ESPN's utter SJ fanboyism...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=270428005

The Sharks made a rare mistake early in the third period with a Detroit-like giveaway.

ok, I get it, we give away the puck too often, but come on...

Wow, that was a horrible article. Are you sure it wasn't written by Grapes? I'm suprised we didn't see any "European *****" comments strewn in there either. Probably because the Wings were so dominant in their physical play today that they'd just look stupid writing something like that.

I dig the guy in the middle there throwin' up the horns for the Wings. The guy on the far right looks like a goddamned mime.

People always look so silly in freeze frame...

My own photo: Cleary displays incredible grace and balance. Only on his tippy-toes! Vlasic can't understand how he didn't put Dano on his rear. :D

IPB Image

Great pic :thumbup: ...if you can't tell already I love Danny Cleary. But seriously the guy doesn't disappoint. He steps up with the big goal and plays with soo much heart. A couple weeks ago I just bought a Cleary game worn jersey and got it signed--I don't regret spending the 400 dollars now.