• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Can we get a W in the tank?

Rate this topic

...... if we can win at the Saddledome, we can win anywhere.

EVEN IN SPACE.

I have to agree with this comment. Except maybe the space part!

The Wings have shown that they can win when needed in arguably the most imposing building in the League. I feel they can win at least one or both in the Shark Tank,

The Shark Tank is an inhospitable environment for visiting teams, to say the least (although I found the fans to be very nice, and knowledgeable). I think the Wings will definitely win one, in spite of the hostile environment. Momentum is a good thing.

If Game 1 made the Sharks feel confident (and I am not sure that is the case - it was a give-away by the Wings) when neither team played well, Game 2 has to make the Wings feel very good about themselves.

They battled back from a 2 goal deficit and won, which was statisically unlikely. Keep the pressure on when you get to SJ, Wings! :thumbup:

Edited by puckloo39

They battled back from a 2 goal deficit and won, which was statisically unlikely. Keep the pressure on when you get to SJ, Wings! :thumbup:

According the RED ALERT after game show... Bernie (not the bird ;) ) said that no other team in this years playoffs has ever come back from a 2 goal deficit.... now that we did, YAY :)

Edited by OsGOD

2 games, each with 50 minutes of incredible play by the Red Wings.

If we can show up for all 60 minutes, we'll take at least one game.

Actually, this was an encouraging game. Particularly the Cleary & Dats goals... Hank's goal had a lot of flukey luck behind it, but the other two should help rebuild that confidence they seemed to lack for the first 10 minutes today.

Of the tough teams still in it, I think San Jose is the best suited to take out the Wings. So, if Detroit actually manages to show up at the first drop of the puck, I think we'll do more than just survive this round.

According the RED ALERT after game show... Bernie (not the bird ;) ) said that no other team in this years playoffs has ever come back from a 2 goal deficit.... now that we did, YAY :)

I was watching that.

Has nothing to do with winning in the shark tank , but .

That Katrina news reporter is so huge , Shes bigger then Draper , Filpula , Cleary and Hasek. It amazes me :P

If Game 1 made the Sharks feel confident (and I am not sure that is the case - it was a give-away by the Wings) when neither team played well, Game 2 has to make the Wings feel very good about themselves.

And game two was a serious give-away by the Sharks, especially by Christian "would-you-like-to-score-a-short-handed-goal-please-let-me-put-that-puck-right-on-your-stick-Mr.-Red-Wing-player" Erhoff. Gah. <_<

2 games, each with 50 minutes of incredible play by the Red Wings.

If we can show up for all 60 minutes, we'll take at least one game.

And the Sharks haven't shown up for a full 60 minute game yet either.

I two games the Wings haven't shown up for the first 10 minutes, and the Sharks checked out after the first 20.

If the Wing can play a full 60 minute game and the Sharks do not, then the Wings are fully capable of taking one if not both of the games in San Jose. If the opposite is true, and the Sharks show up while the Wings are sleepwalking, then it'll be two losses at the Tank for your team. If both squads show up for a full sixty minutes? A split. These are two very good and very evenly matched teams when they decide to show up.

And game two was a serious give-away by the Sharks, especially by Christian "would-you-like-to-score-a-short-handed-goal-please-let-me-put-that-puck-right-on-your-stick-Mr.-Red-Wing-player" Erhoff. Gah. <_<

And the Sharks haven't shown up for a full 60 minute game yet either.

I two games the Wings haven't shown up for the first 10 minutes, and the Sharks checked out after the first 20.

If the Wing can play a full 60 minute game and the Sharks do not, then the Wings are fully capable of taking one if not both of the games in San Jose. If the opposite is true, and the Sharks show up while the Wings are sleepwalking, then it'll be two losses at the Tank for your team. If both squads show up for a full sixty minutes? A split. These are two very good and very evenly matched teams when they decide to show up.

Excellent post! You have said it best, I dont think either team has really shown up in its full power yet. Wings blowing it early, sharks not being able to finish to some degree. As a wings fan I am obviously biased hoping that we can take 1 if not 2 games at the shark and not let this series go too long, but i realize that is extremely demanding and optimistic. We shall see I guess,

I would also, speaking for myself of course, welcome you to continue posting here even beyond this series as you constantly provide a fresh opposition view! :clap:

Honestly? I told all my friends and family that if the Wings would in Game 2, that they'd take games 3 AND 4. I'm still sticking with that no matter how crazy anyone might think it is. I am not getting ahead of myself either..it's just the way I feel.

Home ice advantage is nearly irrelevant in hockey.

I don't think that's true. Statistically, historically, certainly not. It's not a superstition. There are certain advantages to playing on home ice.

Here's the thing: The Sharks have the best road game of any team in the NHL, having won more road games (by a fair margin) in the regular season than on their own ice. The downside to that: They also win less on their own home ice. So with the Sharks, home ice advantage for either team does end up being, more or less, a draw - or as you said, irrelevant - but in this case only. Now, having watched the Wings' sheer rebound intensity in Game 2, the momentum of which I believe will carry into Game 3, I now personally believe there's a distinct possibility that the Wings could win at least one in the tank. I didn't think it a likelihood before, but I do now.

These teams now officially know each other, and what each is capable of playoff-wise, and I believe that the remainder of this series is going to be nothing short of dazzling.

Edited by Grypho

to be honest, the whole thing with San Jose having the majority of road wins, I think is irrelevant now that we're in the play-offs.

Same applies for ALL the people who said "oh San Jose has had the Wings number all year long and it'll be an obvious win by the Sharks"... This obviously isnt the case now that we're in the play-offs. Every hockey player will admit it, the regular season and post-season are two totally different aspects of the game. And honestly, to a certain extent, the regular season doesnt mean crap as long as you make the play-offs. Perfect example is last years 8th seeded Oilers knockin out our 1st seeded Wings, let alone Edmonton went all the way to the finals.

Now as for getting a W in the fish tank? I'm not gonna get into speculation on whether we CAN but rather just that we NEED atleast 1 win.

As much as I LOVE the Wings if they drop both games to San Jose, lets just say the mountain they would have to climb would be much too steep. If they split, home ice advantage could be very crucial! Now I'm hoping that the Wings take it period for period, game for game and show up all 60 minutes of those games are pull out 2 W's. If they can do that, I can definitely see us facing Anaheim in the WCF, but thats a whole different subject.

Personally I just dont think we have seen neither the Wings nor the Sharks show up for 60 minutes and entertain us with a fast paced, hard hitting game that it should be. Now that these first 2 games are out of the way, I see the fish tank paving the way for the next Stanley Cup Champion! ! ! (only to be matched by Buffalo)

P.S. YAY for my 1st post on LGW :D

For anyone saying home vs. road is not important in the playoffs ... just look at our round 1 opponent. They played 100 times better at home than on the road. I'll admit that they are an extreme case, but none the less, still arguement for.

I hope we don't take our regular season form over to Cali for the next 2 games!

I still can't get over checking the score that night seeing we were 3 zip up in 11

mins, and when I got up found out we had not only blown the lead but had been

blown away 9-4!! Now I don't think for one minute that this will happen but I'm trying

to see how we are going to approach these 2 games, will we throw the gaunlet

down and come out all guns blazing and try and catch the Sharks on the hop like

they have done to us or will we play a more patient game and bide our time, I will

be happy to come back at 2's and the series split, will either Hommer or Lebs be

back for the trip West?

We can deffinetly win in the tank!! I actually think that the Wings can win both game's, last night's game could be a turning point in this series, Our guy's where down and out and showed the heart and will needed to come back from 2 down = Outstanding. :):thumbup:

We can deffinetly win in the tank!! I actually think that the Wings can win both game's, last night's game could be a turning point in this series, Our guy's where down and out and showed the heart and will needed to come back from 2 down = Outstanding. :):thumbup:

Very true, you could come in and play very well in the Tank and you could have hit on a turning point with your well-deserved win in game 2.

However, just to play devil's advocate here....In round 1 the Sharks lost game 2 in egregious fashion and returned to the Tank with a split on the road to open the series. That game 2 loss proved to be a catalyst that propelled the Sharks into convincing wins in game 3 & 4 at the Tank and a series cliching victory in game 5. Am I saying the Wings are anything like the Preds? No. Just that the loss could have been a turning point for the Sharks, too, because that had to be a seriously disheartening way to lose a game. This series could go either way...we'll just have to see what happens on Monday.

I know which way I'm rooting.... :lol:

Winning at the Tank will be easier than winning at the Saddledome.....

Slow down...you are NOT playing the Flames!

Too funny!

Your team is whiped-out from yesterday. Took 'em EVERYTHING they had to beat SJ on HOME ICE!

SJ will "bring-it" the next two games at home and the fan support is not collegiate like it is in Calgary, but it's pretty dang loud!

I was watching that.

Has nothing to do with winning in the shark tank , but .

That Katrina news reporter is so huge , Shes bigger then Draper , Filpula , Cleary and Hasek. It amazes me :P

Actually the Sharks were up 2 against the Preds in game 2 and lost as well.

Slow down...you are NOT playing the Flames!

Too funny!

Your team is whiped-out from yesterday. Took 'em EVERYTHING they had to beat SJ on HOME ICE!

SJ will "bring-it" the next two games at home and the fan support is not collegiate like it is in Calgary, but it's pretty dang loud!

honestly dude stop posting this...it makes no sense, youre assuming that because detroit had to rally back they have nothign left in them? i would argue the exact opposite, they rallied back, noticed they could do this and will show up at your little goldfish tank with a lot more confidence than they showed at home, im predicting a split, even possibly taking 2 games out of the tank

Well, the obvious answer here is that Robert Lang is lazy and he sucks! :P

Hey, where is your avatar :!:

Cheering for Robert Lang = Guaranteed Win and WE NEED THIS WIN!

Ha ha, we need to take at least one, just to get this west coast albatross from around our neck! We only won 1 game in Calgary, we can't be delusional enough to think it will be a cakewalk, but I do have confidence that the Wings can do it...just will they? The Sharks will be pumped for their home crowd.

The Wings will get at least one win in San Jose.

We were competitive with Calgary in all the games at the Saddledome and Calgary was a MUCH better team at home. I know San Jose is not Calgary but they are not unbeatable in the Tank.

One of these games Detroit will jump out early and keep the pressure on for 60 minutes. Then we will see what the Sharks really have to offer.

That said I would love to see hasek get a shutout next game so everone who doubted him can hear "over 115 minutes without a goal allowed." :lol:

To be fair though I was amoung that group of doubters. :blush:

Edited by tweekvp