• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Can we get a W in the tank?

Rate this topic

Very true, you could come in and play very well in the Tank and you could have hit on a turning point with your well-deserved win in game 2.

However, just to play devil's advocate here....In round 1 the Sharks lost game 2 in egregious fashion and returned to the Tank with a split on the road to open the series. That game 2 loss proved to be a catalyst that propelled the Sharks into convincing wins in game 3 & 4 at the Tank and a series cliching victory in game 5. Am I saying the Wings are anything like the Preds? No. Just that the loss could have been a turning point for the Sharks, too, because that had to be a seriously disheartening way to lose a game. This series could go either way...we'll just have to see what happens on Monday.

I know which way I'm rooting.... :lol:

Don't play devil's advocate, :) I loved everything you said until you got to however. :lol:

GO WINGS.!!!!!!!!! :D

"I think some folks hope the Wings are exhausted. :D

Fact is, that was just a great 40 minutes of hockey yesterday in the last two stanzas, and the Wings are just getting warmed up. Both teams have checked each other out now. Even with home ice now for the Sharks, which I don't discount, experience on the Wings' bench will give them an edge. Homer back in the mix will only make them more formidible.

All the Wings have to do is cut down on the mistakes - no more 25 turnovers in one game, guys! - and they will at worst split the two games in San Jose. As has been said already, by Babcock and others, the mistakes made by the Wings early in the game are costly. Look for that to stop in game 3 and going forward.

Yes, the Wings did deserve to win yesterday. Just a preview of things to come?" ;)

I quote myself, from another thread but it fits better here. :lol: too lazy to retype it all.

Go, Wings!!! Bernie will give the Wings wings!! :thumbup:

Edited by puckloo39

A sweep would be amazing, but feasibly we could split!

The game we got creamed in San Jose had some reasons, long West Coast trip, some players were out, and yeah, reg season is much different than playoffs!

GO WINGS!!!

And forgot to add, the momentum from Game 2, should help us too!

I don't think that's the case when you have the worst ice in the league. They're use to playing on it, we are not.

Ice in Detroit didn't look great on TV either, how was it? Not much good ice south of Canada this time of year, though Detroit barely fits that category. Nashville ice was really slushy, Sharks ice is at least better than that.

More important than ice, IMO, is the matchups. How will Wings handle that?

:P

Ice in Detroit didn't look great on TV either, how was it? Not much good ice south of Canada this time of year, though Detroit barely fits that category. Nashville ice was really slushy, Sharks ice is at least better than that.

More important than ice, IMO, is the matchups. How will Wings handle that?

DETROIT IS NORTH OF CANADA!!! :P

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

"I think some folks hope the Wings are exhausted. :D

Fact is, that was just a great 40 minutes of hockey yesterday in the last two stanzas, and the Wings are just getting warmed up. All the Wings have to do is cut down on the mistakes - no more 25 turnovers in one game, guys! - and they will at worst split the two games in San Jose.

Exactly. What makes me laugh is everyone handing this series to San Jose; strange considering our team hasn't even showed up yet [until Game #2 mid-2nd on through to the final horn anyway]. Yet somehow I keep reading nonsense about how we suck, the Sharks haven't brought their 'A' game and we'll lose this in 6.

Now I understand the past 3 playoffs we lost quick and all, but the absolute disrspect everyone is showing this team is a joke. I said it all season, and will say it again: this team, WHEN FOCUSED, can beat anyone. I think i'll stand by my prediction of Wings in 7 - it looks more likely our boys are gonna make things difficult on themselves.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. What makes me laugh is everyone handing this series to San Jose; strange considering our team hasn't even showed up yet [until Game #2 mid-2nd on through to the final horn anyway]. Yet somehow I keep reading nonsense about how we suck, the Sharks haven't brought their 'A' game and we'll lose this in 6.

Now I understand the past 3 playoffs we lost quick and all, but the absolute disrspect everyone is showing this team is a joke. I said it all season, and will say it again: this team, WHEN FOCUSED, can beat anyone. I think i'll stand by my prediction of Wings in 7 - it looks more likely our boys are gonna make things difficult on themselves.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit that I was surprised to see how many favored the Sharks over the Wings, and by such a large margin. "...handing this series to San Jose" is key, because that's what it looked like everyone was doing to me before a playoff puck was ever dropped between these two teams. I can't count the number of over-bloated words I've heard and read about how the big, young fast sharks were going to stomp the smaller, more geriatric Wings into the ice, and as a Sharks fan all that kind of talk made me EXTREMELY uncomfortable. Those kinds of extreme comparisons display an intense disrespect for LOGIC, even more than the Wings!

I feel confident in the Sharks' Cup-contending abilities this year, but I am far from over-confident, and I don't for one second underestimate the Wings. Even during the first part of Game 2, when many were certain that it was going to be a Sharks blowout, I thought, "You guys don't have a clue. The Sharks have blown THREE GOAL LEADS before, and in my family we joke that we're not comfortable with a Sharks lead that isn't 4 goals or more, with just a few minutes remaining in the game.

There's no question in my mind that the momentum going into Game 3 will be as high for the Wings as home ice will be a fortifying relief for the Sharks. There is one thing for which I am fairly certain now, and that's that neither team is underestimating (or overestimating) the other now. It really is now down to who wants it more, and it's entirely possible for the Wings to take at least one from San Jose.

As for all the over-confident talk about sweeps and skunks and slam-dunks, my only wish is that this kind of talk originated from Detroit only, and not from San Jose or the sports media! I wish Wilson and all the pundits and commentators would keep their mouths shut about the big, bad fast Sharks and how they can destroy everything in their path. That has the opposite effect on me as a fan, and I think it actually helps the opposing team, so I don't like it at all.

Very excited about Game 3 though, I can say that much. This is the stuff of hockey life!

Edited by Grypho

All this talk about the Wings being tired after game 2 is crap. They are profesional's! They are, as well as all the other teams in the NHL, in tip top shape and with a day off their tanks will be refuled and ready to go. Maybe they were tired after game 6 in round 1 but who wouldn't be after back to back games with travel in between? If we are mentally prepared there is no reason we shouldn't get a win in San Jose. And, with Babcock as coach you know we will have our heads together. The question Sharks fans should be asking is why the hell with their feet on Detroit's neck in game 2 did your players not leave everything they had in them on the ice? They should have been the ones that were dog tired having tried everything they could to put a stranglehold on the Wings. Could it be that the Red Wings want it so much more that they will do anything to win? I do believe so. San Jose better win tonite cause if they don't it could be all but over for them.

Guys I truly don't want to sound like a homer but seriously I think SJ just doesn't play a full 60 minute game for some reason.Being a BIG team will only take you soo far.Both games they have NO GOALS in the 2nd and 3rd periods.And we are injured with 2 very important players especially Holmstrom.I truly believe Wings can win BOTH.They have the talent to do it,but you know what,don't think of both games at once,ONE PERIOD AT A TIME,ONE GAME AT A TIME.GOOO WINGS!!!!!

As a counter point, shouldn't the fact that SJ hasn't played a full 60-minute game yet in this series scare you, should they suddenly decide to play the whole game?

I'm glad we're playing the Wings, good solid team, good solid fans, but if SJ hasn't played two full 60-minute games (which I agree they haven't) but won one by shutout, and were leading for the first 2 periods of the other. That would put a bit of fear in me as a Wings fan.

Just my view from the flipside.

All this talk about the Wings being tired after game 2 is crap. They are profesional's! They are, as well as all the other teams in the NHL, in tip top shape and with a day off their tanks will be refuled and ready to go. Maybe they were tired after game 6 in round 1 but who wouldn't be after back to back games with travel in between? If we are mentally prepared there is no reason we shouldn't get a win in San Jose. And, with Babcock as coach you know we will have our heads together. The question Sharks fans should be asking is why the hell with their feet on Detroit's neck in game 2 did your players not leave everything they had in them on the ice? They should have been the ones that were dog tired having tried everything they could to put a stranglehold on the Wings. Could it be that the Red Wings want it so much more that they will do anything to win? I do believe so. San Jose better win tonite cause if they don't it could be all but over for them.

To continue.... I think game 2 Hasek stole for the Wings. He made that perfect pass to Michalek, just to make the game more interesting after giving up a semi-soft goal to McLaren/Cheechoo (to me it looked like the puck redirected on him, and Im' a Sharks fan). Detroits D stepped, up, and so did Hasek on Saturday after two quick goals (again) in the first. Tonights game should be very nervewracking/exciting. Can't wait until 7:00.

The game we got creamed in San Jose had some reasons, long West Coast trip, some players were out...

Which is exactly like where the Wings are right now. I think that's playing against the Wings, and it's not insurmountable, but it doesn't help.

I don't think that's the case when you have the worst ice in the league. They're use to playing on it, we are not.

You haven't been to Anaheim, then. They don't call it "the pond" for nothing.

:P

DETROIT IS NORTH OF CANADA!!! :P

:lol: Yeah technically you're right, it is North of a little bit of Canada, don't usually think of Detroit as the Great White North. But what about the ice in the Joe? Most people on the net think Edmonton has the best in the league, though even in Canada it's hard to get great ice this time of year. San Jose ice isn't the best in the league, though I don't think it's the worst, but you will see a lot of pucks bounce over sticks and players having trouble settling the puck to get a good shot off. This may give the Sharks a slight advantage because they are more used to home ice, but the Sharks are a better team on better ice and I wish they would make more of an effort in SJ to make the ice better.

I have to admit that I was surprised to see how many favored the Sharks over the Wings, and by such a large margin.

As for all the over-confident talk about sweeps and skunks and slam-dunks, my only wish is that this kind of talk originated from Detroit only, and not from San Jose or the sports media! I wish Wilson and all the pundits and commentators would keep their mouths shut about the big, bad fast Sharks and how they can destroy everything in their path. That has the opposite effect on me as a fan, and I think it actually helps the opposing team, so I don't like it at all.

Very excited about Game 3 though, I can say that much. This is the stuff of hockey life!

great post, very true.