• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernWingsFan

Giving the not-so-popular players some kudos here...

Rate this topic

Here goes in no particular order...

1. Samuelsson - By no means is he anywhere near my favorite, but if he didn't shoot that puck, absolutely no chance for Datsyuk to collect that rebound for the final goal. Yes he shoots way too much I think, but a sun shines on a dog's rear sometimes and things sometime work out. Kudos to that play for Samuelsson and for a fairly decent game for him.

2. Hasek (at least not-so-popular for a long time today) - You drive me nuts with your crease wandering, you flooped up on that 2nd goal, but you stayed sharp and focused throughout the rest of the game. Quit with the wandering, but I'm going to recognize the good as well. The Sharks could've had a 4-5 goalsl if not for Hasek stopping the puc

3. Maltby - He's fallen off the radar for many people in here, myself included, over the past few seasons. Not just flat out awful, but not doing anything spectacular either. Thank you today for your extremely hard PK work forcing a turnover for Cleary, and for all the other PK's.

4. Lilja - Continues to impress me so far these playoffs. Not playing like a superstar by any stretch of the imagination but I think he's taken very few penalties so far, he's not making many brainfart turnovers, and he's throwing his weight around to an extent.

I'll admit, I'm a total Lilja hater. I've always taken every opportunity to manifest his short commings, but he has been playing unbelievable. I guess when he is physical, his junk yard dog comes out.

I think that Markov has been inconsistently brillant. Not totally complete, but damn he's looked better than I've seen him in.........forever.

Don't forget about Quincey!!!! I think that he has been absolutely AWESOME. Now remember, I'm judging him by his youth and consistency. No turnovers and great coverage. I don't know what his plus/minus stats are, but I'm curious to know! For a rookie to jump into his position, he has done very well.

Malby is always so consistent and doing all of the little things right, that it is really easy to overlook him.

I'm really disappointed in Lidstrom. I think he is injured. I can't remember ever him giving away so many pucks in a season let alone a game.

The Wings really need to get Bertuzzi going in order to put the sharks to bed. I'm talking about the physical game as much as his offensive game.

Edited by servo

Here goes in no particular order...

1. Samuelsson - By no means is he anywhere near my favorite, but if he didn't shoot that puck, absolutely no chance for Datsyuk to collect that rebound for the final goal. Yes he shoots way too much I think, but a sun shines on a dog's rear sometimes and things sometime work out. Kudos to that play for Samuelsson and for a fairly decent game for him.

2. Hasek (at least not-so-popular for a long time today) - You drive me nuts with your crease wandering, you flooped up on that 2nd goal, but you stayed sharp and focused throughout the rest of the game. Quit with the wandering, but I'm going to recognize the good as well. The Sharks could've had a 4-5 goalsl if not for Hasek stopping the puc

3. Maltby - He's fallen off the radar for many people in here, myself included, over the past few seasons. Not just flat out awful, but not doing anything spectacular either. Thank you today for your extremely hard PK work forcing a turnover for Cleary, and for all the other PK's.

4. Lilja - Continues to impress me so far these playoffs. Not playing like a superstar by any stretch of the imagination but I think he's taken very few penalties so far, he's not making many brainfart turnovers, and he's throwing his weight around to an extent.

:clap: Good post!

Ok. I'll admit it. Pavel's been alright this go 'round.

No he hasn't...can't score.... can't pass........(F^%$#....just wanted to argue with you again)

Dats is playing like a Canadian kid.

aloha