• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

The real fight begins

Rate this topic

As bad as splitting the home games usually turns out to be, I'm quite optimistic and excited about the rest of this series.

Lets face it, neither team was playing at 100% for the first 90 minutes of this series, but within the last period and a half we seemed to push into our A game (and consequently the Sharks had to pick up their pace), and playoff hockey ensued between possibly the two best teams left in the post season. So what do you guys expect overall for the rest of this series?

So its now a 5 game series, and the home team advantage has gone to the opposition. The guns are readied, and the teams are showing their true colors. Let the real battle begin

We'll get at least one out west. Looks good for two if we can play better defensively for 60 minutes+, but the offense showed more promise today and I'd say that makes us good for at least one(one of them is going to overtime too, I'd bet).

Yeah, it will be tougher to win in San Jose -- but it was tougher to win in Calgary and the Wings still got it done. At home, Calgary was a better team than San Jose was. If the Wings can split they're in good shape. I'm confident that they can do it.

On a side note, the media has made the Holmstrom injury seem a lot less significant than it is, IMO. Everyone thinks of Holmstrom as the guy who just stands in front of the net. Well, he is the guy who stands in front of the net, but he had 30 goals this year! Thirty goals. That's a big loss for any team and most of the media is just brushing it off. Just my two cents.

As bad as splitting the home games usually turns out to be, I'm quite optimistic and excited about the rest of this series.

Lets face it, neither team was playing at 100% for the first 90 minutes of this series, but within the last period and a half we seemed to push into our A game (and consequently the Sharks had to pick up their pace), and playoff hockey ensued between possibly the two best teams left in the post season. So what do you guys expect overall for the rest of this series?

So its now a 5 game series, and the home team advantage has gone to the opposition. The guns are readied, and the teams are showing their true colors. Let the real battle begin

2 best teams left? are u nuts? buffalo? anahime?

Guest Tunbo Batman

the media keeps brushing the ENTIRE TEAM OFF almost every day of every year. who cares if they don't realize the value of our players? the Wings do :P

the organization's ability to see things other people don't has allowed them to draft the best defensemen in the world at the end of the second round, and a superstar and future captain in the 7th :P

2 best teams left? are u nuts? buffalo? anahime?

I'm fairly confident that whoever comes out of this round can take Anaheim out. They're a solid team, but I'll really be surprised if they win the cup.

As for Buffalo, its more difficult to compare because I've seen so little of them this year, but I'm really not intimidated by their lineup at all. They have a good team, but I think San Jose can take them, and if we beat San Jose, then we can obviously beat them as well.

Also: I said they were "possibly the two best", not definitely.

I'm fairly confident that whoever comes out of this round can take Anaheim out. They're a solid team, but I'll really be surprised if they win the cup.

As for Buffalo, its more difficult to compare because I've seen so little of them this year, but I'm really not intimidated by their lineup at all. They have a good team, but I think San Jose can take them, and if we beat San Jose, then we can obviously beat them as well.

Also: I said they were "possibly the two best", not definitely.

Thats why i think the second round reseeding should go by points. it really should be detroit vs. vancouver, and anaheim vs. san jose. That way, the top two teams could face off in the conference finals. but thats of course assuming the top two teams are detroit and san jose, because people could argue anaheim to replace any one of those two teams.