• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernWingsFan

SI.com's Allan Muir - Wings deserved to win game 2

Rate this topic

he knows, already....

Happily, no other Wing ever makes a mistake aside from the 25 or so turnovers in Game 1, I mean. :rolleyes: The ones that Dom pretty much covered for them and bailed them out on, ya know?

"It was tough five minutes for me and whole team," Hasek said. "They just came hard and they score on the first shot, and then I try to help my teammates with the puck and I gave away the puck and the net was open. It was just mistake, and we were down, 2-0."

Hasek doesn't make the same mistake twice, and he owns up to it when he does. No worries here. :thumbup:

Here's the deal...

The Sharks got exactly what they came for in Detroit, a WIN!

Detroit exhausted themselves all over the place to beat SJ yesterday...ON HOME ICE!

Yesterday the Sharks came up short. Hasek made some tremendous saves early and throughout the game.

After two games into this series, I present my first prediction: Sharks in 6. Perhaps 5. Definitely not 7.

You may want to view the first two games that way, but keep in mind that it's also highly interpretative/subjective. The Sharks have been less than impressive; the series being tied up is more a function of the Wings not playing well in the 1st period than the Sharks' "superior play" (as the media would have one believe). To be completely honest, if this is all the Sharks have, you may want to revise your prediction to: Wings in 6. Perhaps 5. Definitely not 7.

Make no mistake - we won in Calgary, so we can definitely win in San Jose.

Hasek doesn't make the same mistake twice, and he owns up to it when he does. No worries here. :thumbup:

Not to be rude, but how many times has he made the same exact giveaway, in which he tries to play the puck and it causes a goal? More then once I'm afraid.

I'll let him slide though, since he played pretty solid after that. :)

he knows, already....

Happily, no other Wing ever makes a mistake aside from the 25 or so turnovers in Game 1, I mean. :rolleyes: The ones that Dom pretty much covered for them and bailed them out on, ya know?

"It was tough five minutes for me and whole team," Hasek said. "They just came hard and they score on the first shot, and then I try to help my teammates with the puck and I gave away the puck and the net was open. It was just mistake, and we were down, 2-0."

The 25 other turnovers didn't lead to such an easy goal for the Sharks. One where the goaltender isn't in net.

God forbid someone say anything remotely negative about Dom. :rolleyes:

He has made this exact same mistake twice. More than twice this season, easily.

He's a great goalie, but he's not good at playing the puck. That's fine. The simple solution is not to play the puck in traffic like that.

He's been great in the postseason, but there is such a simple fix for such a costly mistake.

The 25 other turnovers didn't lead to such an easy goal for the Sharks. One where the goaltender isn't in net.

God forbid someone say anything remotely negative about Dom. :rolleyes:

He has made this exact same mistake twice. More than twice this season, easily.

He's a great goalie, but he's not good at playing the puck. That's fine. The simple solution is not to play the puck in traffic like that.

He's been great in the postseason, but there is such a simple fix for such a costly mistake.

you know, I had a response typed but I erased it. There's no point anymore. Either you believe in the man, or you don't.

you know, I had a response typed but I erased it. There's no point anymore. Either you believe in the man, or you don't.

That's just totally untrue.

I think Hasek is a great goalie, but everyone has their flaws. Hasek's flaw is his puck handling. He made a mistake and paid for it.

Is he still a great goalie? Yes.

I have to agree with Harold here. Hasek helped save the game and I have nothing against him. Hasek just needs to pick his spots better. I don't think there's anything wrong with saying Hasek shouldn't play the puck as much. If there's a guy coming at you, just stay in the net do what you do best.

actually I think it doesn't have to be one of those two absolutes.

Dom is a great goalie and has come up huge in the playoffs. He also wanders from the net and it has occasionally cost the Wings.

Those two beliefs are not mutually exclusive.

If there's a guy coming at you, just stay in the net do what you do best.

Exactly.

I think this series is pretty interesting because both the fans and coaches seem to be seeing different things out there. It doesn't matter if the Sharks don't think we're outplaying them. We can not outplay them all the way to four wins. I don't give two thirds of a crap.

As far as Hasek goes. He always makes me so nervous when goes for a stroll in the park to blindly flip the puck behind him and saunter back to the crease. :crazy:

Doms good at rebounding, hes taken his lumps like a man, acknowledged when hes deserved the criticism, and (unlike most people seem to think because he only faces 18 shots a game) he makes HUGE saves game in and game out.

Absolutely.

What killed us last year is not so much the number of goals Legace gave up, but what huge momentum killers they were for us. So many seemed to be at the worst possible time.

Dom has come up huge in both the wins and the losses.

Absolutely.

What killed us last year is not so much the number of goals Legace gave up, but what huge momentum killers they were for us. So many seemed to be at the worst possible time.

Dom has come up huge in both the wins and the losses.

well said harold...couldnt have said it better myself :clap:

loo, you're a great fan of Dom's. The guy can be criticized though.

And not all criticism defaults to being "unfair". It is possible to believe in someone and point out their flaws. This is a very good thing, actually.

To be completely honest, if this is all the Sharks have, you may want to revise your prediction to: Wings in 6. Perhaps 5. Definitely not 7.

Make no mistake - we won in Calgary, so we can definitely win in San Jose.

To be perfectly honest here -- this is NOT all the Sharks have. Not by a long shot. Yes, they've outplayed the Wings for the first ten minutes of the first two games. BUT, the Sharks have yet to play a solid 60 minute effort.

Perhaps you can win in San Jose, that remains to be seen. However, I do not count my team out. I think they will pick up their play in front of the home crowd and put in a more consistent and complete effort for the entirety of the game. Winning in San Jose may be more difficult than you think.

We'll find out tomorrow.

same could be said for the red wings :sly:

Oh absolutely.

Neither team has played to their full potential, not yet. I'd like to see both teams bring their "A" game tomorrow night for some high-tempo exciting hockey. And I'd like to see the Sharks win. ;)

I remember when my dad used to tell me about how "you don't wanna play the Sharks out there in San Jose come playoff time. San Jose is a killer hockey town and will.........."

No wait.......nevermind.......LOL.....could barely finish typing this........LOL

I remember when my dad used to tell me about how "you don't wanna play the Sharks out there in San Jose come playoff time. San Jose is a killer hockey town and will.........."

No wait.......nevermind.......LOL.....could barely finish typing this........LOL

Oh, please. Just because the Wings have a storied history it doesn't mean that the Sharks aren't a team to be reckoned with. :rolleyes: Come back and chat with me in another 65 years when the Sharks franchise is as old as Detroit's is right now and then we can swap stories about the good old days when the Shark Tank was a feared place to play. ;)

loo, you're a great fan of Dom's. The guy can be criticized though.

And not all criticism defaults to being "unfair". It is possible to believe in someone and point out their flaws. This is a very good thing, actually.

Agreed, the all or nothing thing is a bit silly. This isn't like Anakin Skywalker saying you are with me or you are my enemy, and this definitely isn't Bush's war speech against terrorism for pete's sake saying you are with us or against us. (please let's not turn this into a political thread :lol:)

You can completely be supporting somebody but pointing out their flaws to try to make them better.

Happens at my job all the time where my boss who I directly report to is the owner for the company I work for. He'll tell me every now and then what I need to improve on, and I give him suggestions every now and then as well in the same nature if he could've done better on something. At least from my end, I enjoy that kind of support/criticism and am glad to have somebody as a boss/owner who will accept some honest criticism and doesn't act all high and mighty all the time.

To be perfectly honest here -- this is NOT all the Sharks have. Not by a long shot. Yes, they've outplayed the Wings for the first ten minutes of the first two games. BUT, the Sharks have yet to play a solid 60 minute effort.

Neither have the Wings. The Wings have yet to bring the physical game they brought in Calgary. They were getting 30-35 hits a night in the Calgary series. That total has dropped to about 15.

Agreed, the all or nothing thing is a bit silly. This isn't like Anakin Skywalker saying you are with me or you are my enemy, and this definitely isn't Bush's war speech against terrorism for pete's sake saying you are with us or against us. (please let's not turn this into a political thread :lol:

I think it happens when people actually are homers about certain players. Bless their hearts, they mean well, but their fascination with the person sets them into a mini-Haynesbot mode to defend any speck of dust that may threaten to derail the player's rep.

It's the old "we see what we will ourselves to see". I mean, you ever see Heroes of Hockeytown around here? The guy is Bobby Lang's PR man himself, his job appointment being to always be quick to say that Lang's not understood and that the cheeseburgers ain't a big deal. His responses are like clockwork and speak always of great Czech dignity.

If you said that he doesn't do much of that at season's end however, you'd be right. It's just like a two-step: first comes disenchantment, then comes the newly beginning jobhunt. He'll be out of one soon.

Ooooooh, mahalo mahalo, I caught you on something!

You said, with playful tongue-in-cheek sarcasm, ""you don't wanna play the Sharks out there in San Jose come playoff time. San Jose is a killer hockey town...",

Hockey town? I can see the irony in that statement, especially when compared with Detroit. But why not hockey team? Wouldn't have worked! :D

Now where'd I put my dancing jiggy emoticon?