• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheWestWing

The longest 1:24 of the season.....

Rate this topic

What impressed me most yesterday was the final 1:24 after Dats goal. I'm not a big believer in momentum tho I confess to watching it yesterday.

Even tho we were playing 'good' for the latter parts, the thought of having SIX Sharks swimming in our zone in the final 1:24 trying to tie it up gave me er, 'pause' - yeah, thats it. So what happens? We forecheck like there's no tomorrow, keep poking at that frozen thang, and keep it in THEIR zone for an entire minute - SJ didn't cross center ice with the puck until like :20 left on the clock - and I wanna believe that was only due to a shift change on our part! Nabby beat his own D man outta the zone! Very impressive - and reassuring.

No need to discuss the 'special' teams today - I'm sure they'll be other days for that :crazy: That last 1:24 showed me our team can be warriors - haven't seen as much of that as I've wanted to over the past 7 months - hope to see a lil more in the coming days.....

I was saying the exact same thing during that final 1:24 with the group that was watching the game -- those final two shifts were OUTSTANDING.

That the Sharks didn't even get a sniff of the offensive zone and had to pull Nabokov with the puck still in their own end was utterly fantastic!

i was also extremely nervous, because i knew that amount of time was more than enough, but in the end they handled it amazingly, and my fears were just more fictitious than anything, and glad for it

I will take the heat for the Wings giving up the first two goals. See I was working until last few minutes of the second period. Once I got home, I quickly put on my Z jersey and Wings hat, and the rest is history. I'm suprised that the Cops didn't get called to my apartment when Dats scored because I think it was just as loud in here as the Joe. I tend to get fired up during Wings games. The last 124 of that game was crazy nervous, but I think we can pull at least one out in the "tank". If we bring it back to the Joe tied 2-2, we have a shot a winning this series. GO WINGS!!!!!

I was at the game, and when dats Scored i've never heard "The Joe" that loud. But i will admit that last 1:24 was a long 1:24 but the crowd was loud and crazy for the whole time. which was good to see and here.

Edited by skatergod247

I was on the phone with my friend Jon, and I had all I could do not to scream in his ear. That was the wildest 1:24 of my life...all I could do was pray that we would hang on. The Joe just erupted like I haven't heard it in a long time. It was wonderful.

Guest Tunbo Batman

talk about the perfect endgame :P

they should do this mor often.

is it me, or do the wings have the advantage in net for the first time in like 12 playoff series?

I was at that game yesterday. What seemed like an eternity to me how long it took Dats to skate through the crease before backhanding the bouncing puck into the net. The play seemed to happen in slow motion in front of me.

Must have been those large Leinenkugels I was drinking.

I'm in total agreement. The way the Wings kept the Sharks bottled up after getting the lead was impressive. I was expecting a stressful final 1:24

*Goosebumps*

That was the most exciting 1 minute and 24 seconds of the season by far!! Hell, it was the most exciting playoff game since some of the games in 2002.I was at the edge of my couch in awe just thinking WOW they aren't giving the Sharks ANY room whatsoever to do anything. It was freaking amazing, and it's then I realized you know what? This Wings team can play with ANYONE in the NHL. They took the adversity and faced it right in the face and got through with it. THAT is what a team is all about. Being down, but not out and realizing hey, we can come back and win this game. They never gave up, and that's why I am SO happy they won. They truly deserved it. The Detroit Red Wings are an amazing team. Simple as that.

It was freaking amazing, and it's then I realized you know what? This Wings team can play with ANYONE in the NHL. They took the adversity and faced it right in the face and got through with it.

i would have guessed you had known that for a while :lol:

I agree with your conclusion though, at that point in time, the wings took ALL the ice away from the sharks and it was absolutely incredible

*Goosebumps*

That was the most exciting 1 minute and 24 seconds of the season by far!! Hell, it was the most exciting playoff game since some of the games in 2002.I was at the edge of my couch in awe just thinking WOW they aren't giving the Sharks ANY room whatsoever to do anything. It was freaking amazing, and it's then I realized you know what? This Wings team can play with ANYONE in the NHL. They took the adversity and faced it right in the face and got through with it. THAT is what a team is all about. Being down, but not out and realizing hey, we can come back and win this game. They never gave up, and that's why I am SO happy they won. They truly deserved it. The Detroit Red Wings are an amazing team. Simple as that.

:clap: Great post, I back the Wings 100% all the time. But I must admit that going into the playoff's this season the only team that I had a doubt about the Wings facing was the Sharks. After yesterday's game I'm full of confidence going to the Tank monday night. Put it this way, any team that can come back from 2 down against a team as tough and talented as the Shark's has to be a Cup contender. :thumbup: