• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wallerstein

Hasek voted 4th Best NHL goaltender ever

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Hasek currently ranks fourth in the ranking Best NHL goaltender ever on rankopedia. Brodeur is 1, Roy 2 and Sawchuck 3. You can vote for your favorite goalie, as long as he's from the Czech republic.

I don't think these polls are really so fair to Hasek; I think he'd be FAR higher up on them had he on his resume the accolades that the other 3 mentioned here have. He has only 1 Cup; realistically, he carried Buffalo on his back for the better part of a decade and nearly took them all the way several times. He was as close to a one-man team as anyone has been in our lifetime. Even Gretzky called him the best at one point. Meanwhile, Brodeur, Sawchuck and Roy always had wonderful teams playing in front of them.

On another note, oddly enough "Gretzky" is in Firefox 2.0's dictionary (no red line appears under it). LOL.

I clicked on the best ever Russian thread on that site, the players not listed is horrendous. NO Kostanitov, Fetisov, Kozlov, I could go on... I hate these kind of poll sites.

Wow, Johnny "Bauer" is #19. That does wonders for their credibility with me. CuJo's #11, BTW.

I'm not big on the accumulation of stats. Most wins ever, most shutouts, most...anything. Generally the byproduct of being around for a long time on a good team (see Roy, who has the records, Brodeur, who will have the records, and even Sawchuk, who still has the shutout one).

Me, I prefer the spectacular, and that's what Hasek was in his prime, a flat-out one man team. Much more so than with Roy or Brodeur, when you played the Sabres, the #1 question was "can you get enough by Hasek to win?" He got a late start and played on worse teams (hurting his stats accumulation, although obviously not the awards). But he's still strong at 42 (he's actually a few months older than Roy, who retired in 2003), so who knows where it goes from here.

I'll call Hasek the best I've seen, I won't call him the best of all time though. He may very well be, but I think it's ridiculous when a 27-year-old can say with a straight face "Glenn Hall wasn't as good as Johnny Bower" or "Domenik Hasek was better than both Hall and Bower." How the hell do you even know? Stats? Awards? It sure ain't from seeing them play!

4th best eve?! :scared: Who is running this poll? That is ridiculos. Parrent, Sawchuck, Broduer, Roy, Fuhr, Plante, Hall, Esposito, Worsley, Thompsn, Hainsworth....need I go on? Hasek might be one of the top 10, but that's pushing it.

Thanks for making my point ;) Why not add Georges Vezina and Frank Brimsek to your list?

Guest Tunbo Batman

heheh, ive alwyas called the "Original 6" the "Original 2" because only two of those teams do not suck since there was expansion. looking at those stats, people generally agree with me :P Habs and Wings are right up there baby.

and the Habs suck now so we are the only ones left yay :P

Wow... This list is absurd.

Osgood #12 of ALL time. You've got to be kidding me.

I was thinking the same thing.

According to this poll, Ozzie is better than Mike Richter, Mike Vernon, Ron Hextall, Bernie Parent, and Billy Smith, just to name a few. That's ridiculous.

Edited by aarond

You guys see every single poll out of wack with the order yet you ALL have to pick on Ozzie out of the bunch. Typical.

We know the truth ;)

Which is that Ozzie *actually* belongs in the top 10

Edited by Offsides