• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

esteef

Surprise! Nashville player ejected at Worlds.

Rate this topic

"Shea Weber, a Nashville Predators defenseman, was ejected 1:19 into Saturday's game after elbowing Seidenberg in the chin. Weber received a five-minute major and a game misconduct. He will miss the rest of Canada's preliminary round matches, against Norway and Slovakia, plus its first qualifying round game."

Nashville player brings jackassery to Worlds

He probably didn't "intend" to do it though. :rolleyes:

esteef

"Shea Weber, a Nashville Predators defenseman, was ejected 1:19 into Saturday's game after elbowing Seidenberg in the chin. Weber received a five-minute major and a game misconduct. He will miss the rest of Canada's preliminary round matches, against Norway and Slovakia, plus its first qualifying round game."

esteef

That is a shocker!!! I mean Nashville is'nt a dirty team....they just wanted it more than anyone else :rolleyes:

Kinda off topic but I am soooo glad foreskin did nothing for those fu&&ers. Pissed away a lot of talent and got ZERO return! nice job nashswill!

brutus

I know that people aren't too high on the Preds these days but Shea Weber is not a dirty player. The dude played 79 games this year and amassed only 60 PIM's. Not exactly Bryan Marchment.

And if you watch that hit in real time, you could tell that his elbow came out from reflex, in a desperation move, after Seidenberg deked to the side - very similar to Kyle McLaren's hit on Richard Zenik from a few years back.

There are a lot of Preds that deserve the 'dirty' label but Weber isn't one of them. He's a hardnosed player that plays it clean. This is only one kneejerk-reaction that I'm sure he wished he could take back.

Edited by Hank

I know that people aren't too high on the Preds these days but Shea Weber is not a dirty player. The dude played 79 games this year and amassed only 60 PIM's. Not exactly Bryan Marchment.

And if you watch that hit in real time, you could tell that his elbow came out from reflex, in a desperation move, after Seidenberg deked to the side - very similar to Kyle McLaren's hit on Richard Zenik from a few years back.

There are a lot of Preds that deserve the 'dirty' label but Weber isn't one of them. He's a hardnosed player that plays it clean. This is only one kneejerk-reaction that I'm sure he wished he could take back.

First time or not, if you're not going to get a guy, hook him around the waist with your stick, don't bring the elbow up to the head. It looked pretty damned deliberate to me.

esteef

After the first round of the playoffs, the rest of the NHL saw what we had seen all season.

Now, after the Preds have been eliminated, the whole WORLD can see what we had seen all season. :P

That said, Shea Weber isn't one of the inherently dirty ones on Nashville, so I'm a little surprised at his conduct.

He may not be a dirty player but sorry, putting your elbow out like that is not a reflex. It's an intentional act that any NHL player should know better than to do.

That was a clothesline.

Horrible dirty hit.

and it's pretty entertaining to read the comments from all the Preds apologists on Youtube.

EDIT: actually after watching it a few times, I'd call it a flying elbow instead of a clothesline. Still a very dirty hit, very intentional, and completely inexcusable.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

He may not be a dirty player but sorry, putting your elbow out like that is not a reflex. It's an intentional act that any NHL player should know better than to do.

That was a clothesline.

Horrible dirty hit.

and it's pretty entertaining to read the comments from all the Preds apologists on Youtube.

I just watched the clip myself.

OW.

That was deliberate, no question about it. Little bastards on the Preds are rubbing off on Weber in a really bad way.

Holy s***, they can't even try and blame the other player (a la Cheechoo from Hartnell) on that one. What's more is that this is yet another player, not a repeat offender like Hartnell, Nichol, Tootoo, Radulov, etc. How can anyone not hate that team?

Holy s***, they can't even try and blame the other player (a la Cheechoo from Hartnell) on that one. What's more is that this is yet another player, not a repeat offender like Hartnell, Nichol, Tootoo, Radulov, etc. How can anyone not hate that team?

Sharks fans and Wings fans are beginning to hate each other. But we have one thing in common, the goonery of the Trashville Predators. Funny and poinant.

esteef

That hit looked alot like the one Frazen took this year does anyone know who hit Frazen like that ?

This comes as no suprise. Anyone who puts on a Nashville jersey all of a sudden becomes a dirty cheap shot. It used to be that way with Philly, but Nashville definitly takes the cake now.

Weber is such a jackass. I hope he's gone for the entire tournament.

This comes as no suprise. Anyone who puts on a Nashville jersey all of a sudden becomes a dirty cheap shot. It used to be that way with Philly, but Nashville definitly takes the cake now.

Weber is such a jackass. I hope he's gone for the entire tournament.

QFT

radulov isnt a repeat offender, it just happened to be your team experienced one of his dirty plays.