• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-GAME 3 (4/30): Sharks 2, Red Wings 1 F

Rate this topic

Hey all,

I just got home from the game. :)

Detroit played a good game. Our 3rd and 4th line were the lines that made it happen tonight. Hasek kept the game close. my hat goes off to him. I saw a few mentions of missed penalties the ref's didn't call on the Sharks. There were some on the wings we saw as well. Looks like it all came out. Detroit only ended up taking 1 more penalty than the Sharks through the course of the game.

How did the crowd noise towards the end of the game come through? The Wings did a great job taking us out in the first.

How did the crowd noise towards the end of the game come through? The Wings did a great job taking us out in the first.

all i could hear in my head was my pounding heart. your team was excellent in the third, though. absolutely dominated us.

Since when?

i would say i'm disappointed in big bert. i don't think he was brought in to be a superhero, but i expected more from him. obviously he's had a long layoff, but he's kinda looking a little too much like lang for my liking.

Sharks wanted it more tonight and just like Wings did in game two, they came back late in game and completely outplayed the oppsition.

As a Sharks fan, I have to give big props to "Big Joe" and Ryan Clowe.

Good and clean series so far.

Here's a guy brought in at the deadline to be a superhero. He's been anything but.

Keep in perspective what we gave up to get him....

And you are expecting a WHOLE lot from someone coming off of a surgery and a concussion....think about it :rolleyes:

ARGGHH! :crazy: boy was that ever frustrating. We came out and played our game in the first period, and slowly but surely throughout the second and into the third, we just fell apart. I give all due credit to SJ, they came out and dominated. It just frustrates me we played so poorly in the end. We've gotta come out wednesday night and play SIXTY minutes of hockey...

I'm not expecting much from him. I didn't think we should have taken the chance.

Also, I think he got off easy for the Moore deal.

However, I'm giving him a chance as a Wing fan. So far - not impressed.

We have a couple of younger players who obviously outplay him and yet - bert gets minutes.

----

Teams sign players at the deadline to be the hero. To make a difference.

HE HAS NOT BEEN THAT PLAYER.

Keep in perspective what we gave up to get him....

And you are expecting a WHOLE lot from someone coming off of a surgery and a concussion....think about it :rolleyes:

For the people that keep saying don't worry its a best of 7. You forgot Detroit can't play a 60 minute game yet. I will be shocked if we make it PAST game 6. Hasek is keeping us in this series, Lang is GIVING them this series, I can't wait to see Homer in uniform on Wed.

i don't know if the wings can handle the sharks when they're playing that hard. when the sharks are cycling the puck and playing it along the boards the wings are powerless. and on the rare occasion the wings do get the puck in these situations they are so scared that they make piss poor passes or clearing attempts in our zone (even lidstrom) and turn the puck over.

it's just plain painful to watch.

i feel like when my cousin would beat me up when we were kids and he had like 40 pounds on me and there was just nothing i could do.

umm... not taking anything away from the Sharks, but for the first period I would so both teams were playing their own game and playing well. We are a puck possession team and when we take control of a game NO TEAM (as even a Sharks fan admitted above) can stop us. You make it sound like the Sharks are 100% a better team than us and truthfully they aren't. It's the simple fact that the Wings just dont show up for a full game and SOMETHING needs to be done about it or else we are done in 5.

Are you talking about the Bertuzzi play? Absolutely a penalty. As blatant a slew foot as there ever was.

THANK YOU! I've read SO many posts about people saying that was a horrible call and it was a CLEAR slew foot. It's people who sit there and say it was a horrible call that truely do not understand the game of hockey!

Bertuzzi needs to come prove himself on Wednesday. I understand he's been out most of the season but its not so much that he's not playing good, just that he's taking penalties that are totally uncalled for.

As for my thoughts:

We need more hard nosed stars like Yzerman (even though he will NEVER be replaced) and Shanahan.

I've also grown to dislike Babcock. Every time you hear him talk its "oh we just gotta work harder, we played good for a period, blah blah blah". NO! When you're team is playing like this you call them out, EVEN if its to the media. Let the fans know you will not tolerate this half assed, pathetic work ethic the Wings are showing.

I also have a hard time watching Hasek play sometimes. Will he EVER steal us a game? Yea he makes some great saves, but its goalies like Nabokov, Brodeur, etc that will not only make those great saves but will steal games like this one.

And as much as I love Datsyuk has anyone else noticed how EVERY SINGLE TIME Datsyuk can beat someone into the corner he will slow down, let the other guy pass him up and let him just take the puck? I understand what he is TRYING to do by letting the guy take the puck in the corner and pick his pocket like he sometime manages to do, but good god, I wanna see more hard-nosed players who arent afraid to go get those pucks.

This honestly just REALLY upset me, cause now I truely believe if they lose the next game its over without FAIL!

Had they won today they could've let a loss slide in game 4 and make it a best outta 3 series.

My personal opinion, the Wings blew this game. We had total control, we were showing them that the Wings CAN be a better team, but then they just stopped playing.

P.S. Anyone else think that any other goaltender in the WORLD could've made that save on the Sharks first goal???

Hasek has GOT to keep his skate tucked by that post. Had he done this instead of trying to grab it with his glove, he MIGHT'VE been able to squeek this one out

I dunno, I'm definitely not writing off this season just yet, afterall it took a series similar to this in the 98 playoffs was it? Where they were down, Yzerman made a locker room speech and that was it, next thing we knew the cup was home.

I'm not expecting much from him. I didn't think we should have taken the chance.

However, I'm giving him a chance as a Wing fan. So far - not impressed.

We have a couple of younger players who obviously outplay him and yet - bert gets minutes.

----

HE HAS NOT BEEN THAT PLAYER.

all this coming from the person who has lang in their sig? :huh:

If he wasn't brought in to be a superhero for the stretch run.. what WAS he brought in for?

He was never brought in to be a "superhero" -- a player that has missed five months of hockey isn't going to dominate much of anything. What he *was* brought here to do was to use his size, go to the net and be a presence on the ice.

Has he been all of those things? Only in brief flashes -- and not so far in this series. Unfortunately him missing time with his concussion/strained neck handcuffed the timing and chemistry he was trying to build prior to the injury... and the injuries to the Wings' lineup in the playoffs has led to a lot of line shuffling and virtually no opportunity to grow any kind of familiarity with the center he's playing with. (Not that Lang really makes it easy for him, anyway.)

ARGGHH! :crazy: boy was that ever frustrating. We came out and played our game in the first period, and slowly but surely throughout the second and into the third, we just fell apart. I give all due credit to SJ, they came out and dominated. It just frustrates me we played so poorly in the end. We've gotta come out wednesday night and play SIXTY minutes of hockey...

I think the atmoshere at the tank gets to visiting team's players after a while. :)

What chance? What are you talking about?

And yes, he should have been taken out into a field and shot, I realize that, but he plays here now, and he has obviously not been shot and it has no effect on tonight's game or this team.

Oh, really? Is Brent Sopel or Bryan Smolinski being a hero in Vancouver? How about Brad May in Anaheim? Or Mattias Norstrom in Dallas?

The point is this: Not every player is acquired at the deadline to walk on water. They're needed to fill a hole and be a piece of the Stanley Cup puzzle.

Based on Bertuzzi's skills he's a calculated risk due to his recent injury history. Do you honestly think if Bertuzzi was playing like he was three years ago Florida would've traded him? And if they were, that Detroit would've even had the assets (or willingness to part with the recquired assets) to get a deal done?

Not likely.

Bertuzzi was asked to fill a role here, not be a superstar power forward that dominates games.

Seemed pretty quiet through the first half of the game though ;)

LOL that's exactly what I was just going to say. It was pretty silent. Much like the JLA was in Game 1. Of course though after they scored and got the go ahead goal it was a different story.

Oh, really? Is Brent Sopel or Bryan Smolinski being a hero in Vancouver? How about Brad May in Anaheim? Or Mattias Norstrom in Dallas?

The point is this: Not every player is acquired at the deadline to walk on water. They're needed to fill a hole and be a piece of the Stanley Cup puzzle.

Based on Bertuzzi's skills he's a calculated risk due to his recent injury history. Do you honestly think if Bertuzzi was playing like he was three years ago Florida would've traded him? And if they were, that Detroit would've even had the assets (or willingness to part with the recquired assets) to get a deal done?

Not likely.

Bertuzzi was asked to fill a role here, not be a superstar power forward that dominates games.

:clap:

I think the atmoshere at the tank gets to visiting team's players after a while. :)

Last couple minutes of the game we were all going absolutely nuts. And the noise was up. Wings went offsides. BOOM the crowd exploded again.

I hope JLA gets it's mojo back. I love hearing home crowds being loud.

The JOE was VERY loud and crazy last game...do not be mistaken. We just had nothing to root for in game 1.

The Shark Tank didn't sound any louder or crazier on tv than the Joe does... :huh: