• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-GAME 3 (4/30): Sharks 2, Red Wings 1 F

Rate this topic

Very astute observation. I was talking about this with viper earlier, when it was time to rush the puck up ice and play a skating game, the Wings were in control. Up tempo, fast paced hockey is how they like to play. That was more like the first half.

The moment the Sharks were able to lock it down, slow things up, and play a grinding, cycling game, the Wings had no answer. That's the second half.

Whoever is able to control the tempo of Game 4 and beyond is going to win the series.

I agree, and would add to that:

The tempo of Game 4 will be dictated based on where the puck is played most. If it's away from the boards, and especially toward the center of the ice, the tempo will be quicker, and the Wings will dominate. If it's along the boards and in the corners, the tempo will be slower, the game will be far more physical, and the Sharks will dominate.

Well, you know, some people get bent out of shape at things they see on the interswebnets.

Just wanted to clarify.

Oh believe me...I have not gotten such a giggle all night as being called Mrs. Bertuzzi :lol:

and to add to that...out of all the players I've defended to long, long ends...I stick of for TB in a coupla posts and I get a label...awesome. I don't miss the irony there at all.

Oh believe me...I have not gotten such a giggle all night as being called Mrs. Bertuzzi :lol:

and to add to that...out of all the players I've defended to long, long ends...I stick of for TB in a coupla posts and I get a label...awesome. I don't miss the irony there at all.

Fair enough, game on.

Bertuzzi is lazy and he sucks. :hehe:

Well if we had gotten the bounces, we would have won. If that happend we still would have looked like amatures along the boards.

No team can win the cup without a little bit of luck. To this point, we have none!

Luck and freaking Hasek are the only reasons why the Wings are not down 3-O. Z's goal in game 2 wasn't luck eh?

It is funny that when the Sharks go up 2-0 and the Wings come back and win all I read is that the Wings dominated. When the Sharks come back from one down the Wings did not play a complete 60 minutes and let the Sharks win. Oh yeah and the other classic is that the Sharks are really not that good.

Give me a break. Both teams are really good Hockey teams that are really evenly matched. Both goalies have been stellar. Lucky stuff, bad and good bounces equal out as do bad calls. Go on the Sharks board and you will see the same wining. " The refs were horrible, we were unlucky, CheeChoo is getting mauled out there yadaydadayda."

It sucks to lose and everyone hates it but be honest in your critique of the game. You lost to the better team tonight period. Just like the Sharks did in Game 2.

What another craptastic road loss by the Wings.

Where to begin...

1. Hasek. He's a FLOPPER. On the TWO San Jose goals, Hasek was sprawled on the ice and vulnerable to SJ chipping in a goal. Terrible technique. Thanks Dom...you lost the game for us!!!!!!!!!! btw...on the second goal, I think Mik Sammy gave the Dominator the most disgusted look for giving up that softy goal. I hope the Wings players rip his ass a new one in the locker room.

how did dom lost the game for us? since WHEN do you win a playoff hockey game by SCORING 1 GOAL the whole game?

Luck and freaking Hasek are the only reasons why the Wings are not down 3-O. Z's goal in game 2 wasn't luck eh?

REALLY? so its not lucky we hit two posts tonight....the Sharks didnt benefit from those NOT going in past Nabby?

Score could have easily been 3-0 at one point.

Edited by Wingsor

Guest Tunbo Batman

oh well, no sour grapes, this was a great game. each period was very exciting in a different manner...the sharks really took over in the 3rd tho (which is unusual). a win wouldve been nice, but hey, hockey is a game of inches. we might win the next one.

i prefer a tough exciting loss like this to a boring blowout any day.

oh well, no sour grapes, this was a great game. each period was very exciting in a different manner...the sharks really took over in the 3rd tho (which is unusual). a win wouldve been nice, but hey, hockey is a game of inches. we might win the next one.

i like a blowout if its in our favor lol long like the 2002 vs colorado blowout game 7

but it was more entertaining than game one and two, but i dont know if its a big pad, or the pace just isnt as fast as the det calgary series.

And please: CHEATchoo? This isn't a game you can blame on the refs. Both teams got away with more than they should have. Cheech doesn't take dives, he just skates badly.

I was sitting there laughing my ass off when Cheech took a spill tonight. I just hung my head and said "Typical Cheech"

Let's all relax. This is a seven game series. Loss or not I think the Wings played REALLY well *except for in the third* at least give them props for that. This series has gone back and forth with wins. Game 4 is all Wings. I'm just like everyone else. I get extremely pissed off after a loss but then I realize it's best of 7 and anything can happen. Still games left to take to tie the series and take a lead.

Let me get this straight. They played well, except for the third? So they didn't play well for 1/3 of the game? In that case I hardly think they played well. I saw this game, and the Sharks were well on top in the second period also. We were just hanging on.

Let me get this straight. They played well, except for the third? So they didn't play well for 1/3 of the game? In that case I hardly think they played well. I saw this game, and the Sharks were well on top in the second period also. We were just hanging on.

WINGS IN 6!

In another thread I stated that the last two games lacked the MOJO for the losing teams... the extra inch, the lucky bounce, the pucks finding their way in etc. Wings rang two or three off the post tonight, and SHarks had a few like that last game. Its up to the hockey gods I suppose.

In another thread I stated that the last two games lacked the MOJO for the losing teams... the extra inch, the lucky bounce, the pucks finding their way in etc. Wings rang two or three off the post tonight, and SHarks had a few like that last game. Its up to the hockey gods I suppose.

very well said

Ugh I'm so tired this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I think the wings quit skating 30 minutes in. You could see it. I don't get it. We are in the 2nd round against a very good team and the wings decide to slack? The 3rd period looked like a 20 minute power play for SJ. Unbelievable. We lost because we quit skating, simple as that.

Slew-footing is a penalty. The only one I had a real problem with was the phantom interference call on Lang where it was the Sharks player acting like a cueball on him after initiating the contact.

exactly.

Most of the people on this Board are a Joke and should not call themselfs Wings Fans.

If the Wings win its all OMG we are the best, we rock, nobody can beat us... but if we lose, half of you start hating players, their is even a post on how Babs is not a good Coach. It is stupied s*** like this that makes it hard for a true fan to come to this site.

Most of you ARE A JOKE. A fan is someone that roots for their team no matter what.

Let me ask you doom and gloom fan's. What did you do when the Wings lost in 95? How about last year when we lost? Did you cry and hate on the Wings? Did you blame single players? I bet you did, I bet you blamed, Lego (it was not his fault, yes he let in some soft goals but he played well)

You guys make me ashamed to be grouped together with you as Wings Fans. I am a true Wings fan, I dont hate on our Boys because we lost.. Was it a good loss nope, it was not, but it was not a bad game. San Jose found a way to Win, we all knew they could, they are a solid Team. The Wings need a better effort, they started to give pucks away in their own end, they failed to clear the puck when they had the chance, it was alot of little things that the Sharks did right. Yes the Refs were bad last night, the Sharks got away with alot of Interface and some Hooking calls. The Wings got a few bad calls on them. Berts at the end of the game was questionable, yes his skate was around the other guys skate but they were battleing for position for a puck and Bert won, it should not have been called, it is part of hockey.

It was not even close to Dom's Fault. Your Goalie is responisable for the first shot, after the First shot, it is up to your Defense to clear the net. It is not your goalies fault when they score on the second and third shots.

Most of people on these boards need to look at the mirror and ask if they are true Red Wing Fans because some of you are not and need to move on. We dont want your stupied asses here.

Edited by Red4wings4life

how did dom lost the game for us? since WHEN do you win a playoff hockey game by SCORING 1 GOAL the whole game?

He didn't lose the game, the Sharks were simply too good last night.

But Nabokov HAS been the better goalie....

We knew that going into the games that we would at most get 2 goals a game in the playoffs, we are the wings, thats what we do... Thats why we got a 'tender that would supposidly make the difference in these low scoring games. Hell any goalie could lose a game last night. I would prefer Ozzie to play some games, if we are going to lose the games anyways :thumbup:

Fair enough, game on.

Bertuzzi is lazy and he sucks. :hehe:

You guys have got to learn a new tagline. Seriously.

When you play it in front of LGW, of course.

:hehe::rolleyes:

Actually I think most of the people on here thought he was amazing.

He didn't lose the game, the Sharks were simply too good last night.

But Nabokov HAS been the better goalie....

No way. Dom didn't lose the game, but not because the Sharks were too good. We just stopped playing...play like the first half in the second half and a bounce will eventually come your way.

That sucked.

Talk about not getting bounces……could we hit the post a few more times.

I guess we kind of stole game 2, so the hockey gods let them steal game 3.

the wings got lucky as hell the third period. i counted no less than 3 missed open nets for san jose. the sharks are ******* scary when they're on the game. the wings can't clear the puck to ******* save their lives. san jose wins practically every battle along the boards. they are just too big and strong.

That's what I was going to say. Sharks were having problems finishing. The score is not at all representative of how much they outplayed us. They literally had more open nets than a bankrupt hockey equipment factory.

That sucked.

Talk about not getting bounces……could we hit the post a few more times.

I guess we kind of stole game 2, so the hockey gods let them steal game 3.

Yeah, the posts sucked, but it could also have gone the other way. There were several chances for the Sharks where if the puck settles down for them it's an empty net. Could easily have been 4-2 either way...

I just hung my head and said "Typical Cheech"

See, that's what happens when you smoke too much product.

At least it wasn't dog shiat.

Most of the people on this Board are a Joke and should not call themselfs Wings Fans.

Have you taken a look in the mirror, fella?

There's a distinct difference between "hating" and constructively critiquing how the team played last night.

I suggest you look up the differences.

I wonder where they breed such tall horses? :rolleyes:

I get tired of reading about these mythical "true fans" that pop in every once in a while to berate the hordes of non-fans that apparently reside here for their unforgivable behavior.

It's not always sunshine and rainbows, least ways on the heels of a tough loss. Should people be blaming certain players (say, Hasek)? No. But everybody deals with the loss in a certain way. At the end of the day, after all the disappointment and panic is gone, we still love that big red wheel.

Here's an easy criteria I made - the True Fan Index (TFI). Do you watch most Wings games? Do you cheer for the team? Would you keep cheering the Wings failed to advance? Gratz, son, you pass. That's good enough for me. Everyone try it! How do you stack up to the TFI!

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown