• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-GAME 3 (4/30): Sharks 2, Red Wings 1 F

Rate this topic

i think with homer be back will make a big differnce we just dont have anyone getting in nabbys head, and just gonna have to stop taking stupid penetlys, and we must do something to joe thorton, im thinkin big burt needs to put his resume up and lay some big hits on him. As we seen tonight a one goal lead isnt going to cut it were gonna have to come firing on every play, like the sharks did tonight if we expect to tie the series and head back to DET

Well, I really liked the first half of that game. I really thought we could win that one. But the 1st goal was soft, just outta reach. Then a handful of Brutal calls later ... including the last one where I nearly punched a whole through my tv aiming for the refs head. So flustered right now.

someone should send a note to notify the wings the length of a hockey game

i think they're confused, you see, the wings only play 60 minutes of real time, not sixty minutes of game time. that takes them to about half way through the second. that's their sixty minutes.

Well, the Wings got what they deserved there. Peaking in the first period is usually a bad plan. It started to turn in the second because the Wings stopped playing playoff hockey. Instead of chipping the puck up off the glass or flipping it into the air to clear the zone they tried cute little passes to wingers (covered) or up the middle (nobody there). Sharks did a great job of disrupting the breakout and the Wings couldn't adjust.

And wow, utter domination by the Sharks in the attacking zone. The Wings could not get the puck off them to save their lives; any rare times they did usually resulted in them turning the it over. No easy solutions to that problem other than play better puck possession; they can't attack if the other team has the puck.

I think getting back to basics--chipping the puck out and making the safe play for easy clears--is the key to turning this one around.

Elsewhere, I think this was Hasek's best game in the playoffs so far. Unfortunately his effort was wasted on a miserable day for the Wings. Time to rebound for the rest of the crew, since we all know now how pivotal Game 4 is. Go Wings!

We handed this game to them. Unbelivable. I'm ticked beyond words. Before I say something I'll regret, I'm going to bed.

im so furious right now, and i wasnt like this in game 1, because we simply got outplayed. This game we threw it right down the gutter....completely shut down offensively, and when you give the sharks minutes at a time in our defensive zone they WILL score. Common sense proves it.

I found myself clinching my fists, grinding my teeth, this was insanely dissapointing

Let's all relax. This is a seven game series. Loss or not I think the Wings played REALLY well *except for in the third* at least give them props for that. This series has gone back and forth with wins. Game 4 is all Wings. I'm just like everyone else. I get extremely pissed off after a loss but then I realize it's best of 7 and anything can happen. Still games left to take to tie the series and take a lead.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

babs has got to sit all of them in front of a TV, tape their eyelids open and play the last 1-1/2 periods of the 2nd game and the first period of this game... THAT IS HOW YOU PLAY HOCKEY the more dominate playing by them series is what gets you the two losses.

Im going to be really disappointed if the Wings dont make it past this round. I havent lost faith yet, but I will be one pessimistic fan next season if/when the Wings are heading into the playoffs. Its just always the same, although this year the Wings have the tools to make it far and havent been using them in this series yet. Game 2 was nice and all, but still not a full game.

The basics of hockey are really simple: Play a full 60 minutes of hockey, and you give yourself your best chance to win, every time.

Then a handful of Brutal calls later ... including the last one where I nearly punched a whole through my tv aiming for the refs head. So flustered right now.

Slew-footing is a penalty. The only one I had a real problem with was the phantom interference call on Lang where it was the Sharks player acting like a cueball on him after initiating the contact.

I only caught the last few minutes of the game...

Is it just me, or did Hasek really misplay the Cheechoo goal? Most goalies, Hasek included, would normally have either waited or more likely poke-checked when Hasek flopped to his left, even though the shooter was going the other way.

Not discounting Hasek's play this postseason...but that stands out to me as a huge mistake....along with Bertuzzi's slew foot with 3 min left and the no calls on the Sharks for manhandling Hudler repeatedly.

the wings got lucky as hell the third period. i counted no less than 3 missed open nets for san jose. the sharks are ******* scary when they're on the game. the wings can't clear the puck to ******* save their lives. san jose wins practically every battle along the boards. they are just too big and strong.

Hopefully we can play an entire west coast game with grit. San Jose beat us up pretty good in this game. We weren't throwing any checks at all. We almost always suck after the long plane ride. Looking forward to game 4.

Oh, Lang is useless out there. This is his last year as a Wing...count on it.

Its pretty simple..you aren't gonna win many games that you don't deserve to win!! We were outplayed horribly in the last half of the game and full merits to San Jose for the win... we just couldn't get the puck out or our end and got physically overwhelmed...I hope we can come out and skate for 60 minutes like we did in the first period and we should be ok for game 4 and come out with a win!! Its tough seeing Bert play like he did tonight.. I live on the west coast and watched Bert play alot in Vancouver and that is the same kind of effort he gave in his last couple season's there...no hussle..no physical element..untimely penalties. Time for a big regroup and a huge effort in game 4. GO WINGS!!

I said Hasek had to be better in Game 3 -4 of CGY and not give up 3 goals, and you know what, he's been great since then. He played very well tonight, and gave the team a chance to win. This is a tremendous positive going into game 4, W e have to be able to generate more than 1 goal a game if we have any hope of winning the series.

People are going to complain about 60 minutes, and yes the Wings didn't look nearly as sharp in the final 30 minutes...but eventually a team as talented as San Jose is going to wake up and carry the play for a bit, simple as that.

This game boils down to two halves...

first 30 minutes are dominated by Detroit, and we only manage one goal.

last 30 minutes are dominated by San Jose and they manage two goals.

You knew they'd come on eventually, we didn't capitalize more when they were down...all the posts, Flip's breakaway, the save on Cleary...they all hurt now.

This series will shift back and forth within games...the team that steps on the throat of the opposition when it carries the flow will be victorious..tonight that was San Jose.

We know what is successful...lets go out and excecute in Game 4