• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 4th line grinder

4th line grinder

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(haroldsnepsts @ May 1, 2007 - 02:04PM) View Post

I was taking a guess based on what I'd remembered hearing.

But actually it's 6'4" and 235.

http://www.sjsharks....sp?player_id=29

Yes but he has chomped down a few wings since that was listed so he has put on a few more pounds.

#62 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(4th line grinder @ May 2, 2007 - 03:32PM) View Post

Yes but he has chomped down a few wings since that was listed so he has put on a few more pounds.

it took you that long to come up with that?

I'd say he's gained some weight because he's been carrying a lot of the team on his back.

QUOTE(SFAN @ May 2, 2007 - 03:20PM) View Post

wow, wow... Hold on here... Who the hell would want a corvette?

laugh.gif

#63 4th line grinder

4th line grinder

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE(haroldsnepsts @ May 2, 2007 - 05:35PM) View Post

it took you that long to come up with that?

I'd say he's gained some weight because he's been carrying a lot of the team on his back.
laugh.gif

Well actually it came to me pretty fast because I just got back on the board.

Yes he certainly has been carrying the team. He has been all season. It is a sin that he is not up for the MVP.

#64 clamchop

clamchop

Jr. Prospect

• 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE(murf @ May 1, 2007 - 07:28PM) View Post

The biggest reason for Joe's success in SJ is that when he arrived, he was invited to play his game. In Boston, especially in his formative seasons, the Bruins tried to make him into a Holstrom, a front of the net presence.
Joe's physique is conducive to that style of play, but that's not his biggest strength. Wilson surrounded Joe with goal scorers and told him to go out and dictate the pace. And he has.

Not to mention, when you're playing for fans and local media that celebrate you instead of scrutinize you, I've got to imagine you're more motivated.

Thanks for all the compliments, LGWers. I'll pass them along to Joe. wink.gif

hit the nail on the head. I dontundertand how the bruins could have treated him so poorly. IM sure they are kicking themselvs in the rear now. espcially after the season he had last year. thanks boston wink.gif

#65 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE(clamchop @ May 2, 2007 - 04:42PM) View Post

hit the nail on the head. I dontundertand how the bruins could have treated him so poorly. IM sure they are kicking themselvs in the rear now. espcially after the season he had last year. thanks boston wink.gif

LOL-- if you want to talk about a team kicking itself in the rear, talk about Florida. In exchange for one of the best goaltenders on earth, their net benefit was a backup goaltender and a defenseman who has scored 58 points in 300 games. HAHAHA.