• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evil204

Babcock is not a good coach

Rate this topic

Dang I hate Wings fans. Lose a game, and it's fire the coach, our goalie sucks, and on and on.

Psstt, all you fairweather fans, you don't win every game, you don't win every playoff series, and you don't win the Stanley Cup every year!

Not that I'm counting the Wings out. I'm by no means doing that. I'm just saying . . .

Attitudes like that are why nobody likes the Red Wings except Red Wings fans.

The big problem I have with Babcock is some of the ice time decisions he makes - and he somewhat redeemed himself in my eyes last night by limiting Lang's ice time. But other choices he's made over the season just baffle me. Williams on the point during the PP? Okay, he's been traded...now let's put Samuelsson on the point. Same difference. Filppula and Hudler are playing great? Let's limit their ice time then.

I know, he's the NHL coach and not me (and for good reason)...but I'd love to get inside his head and figure out the reasoning for choices like that.

The big problem I have with Babcock is some of the ice time decisions he makes - and he somewhat redeemed himself in my eyes last night by limiting Lang's ice time. But other choices he's made over the season just baffle me. Williams on the point during the PP? Okay, he's been traded...now let's put Samuelsson on the point. Same difference. Filppula and Hudler are playing great? Let's limit their ice time then.

I know, he's the NHL coach and not me (and for good reason)...but I'd love to get inside his head and figure out the reasoning for choices like that.

I dunno i thought filpulla was non existant last nite. Samuelsson had a solid game, Hudler was also non existant. Im gonna trust babs because hes a NHL coach, and im a spectator.

Babcock is our coach???? WTF, when did that happen? I thought all along Dave Lewis was still behind the bench? Wow! But to be fair, I haven't really seen a difference at all in the final outcomes... When did this babs take over? :ph34r: Fear the Ninja and find yourself benched.

Edited by OsGOD

Many people are probably going to disagree with me, but I just don't like Babcock at all. It's not just that I'm angry about the Wings screwing up Game 3. Here's a list...

Anyone agree? :D

No.

If it's not just about you being angry from the loss, then why didn't you post this thread after any of the wins?

why wait until today?

Can someone torpedo the f*** out of this thread, pretty please?

:lol::thumbup:

I'm starting to believe that Samuelsson really does have pictures of Babcock that are pretty embarrassing. :rolleyes: There is simply no other explanation as to why he insists on playing Samuelsson as much as he does. I don't get the "love" he has for him. Other than that .. how about we wait until summer to dissect the job he's done. Plus it may have only been Lang, but when a coach calls out his players like Babcock will do - he gets bonus points from me.

That's not saying much though. :lol:

He isn't better than Lewis, there is no evidence to that. Dave Lewis has one playoff series victory and 2 playoff series losses. Babs has 1 win and 1 loss. If the Wings get eliminated, he will have 1W and 2L with a better team than Lewis had.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

That's not saying much though. :lol:

Definitely not by much so far...

Dave Lewis 6W-10L in the post season with the wings.

Babs 7W-8L in the post season with the wings.

Both have a 1st round exit and at least a 2nd round the following year... and both ended each season 1st in the central eerily similar.

Edited by OsGOD

coaches get too much credit and too much blame. Players play -- coaches coach.

Most of your points are not well thought out -- but that's ok -- your in a panic.

Have you considered any medication yet?

At the end of a seven game series the best team usaually wins.

well to be fair the players are really handcuffed as to how much ice time they get and their linemates... those are all the coaches responsibility.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Babcock is definitely an upgrade to Lewis. He has a good hockey mind. And alot of good repore with the players. I think he's been great so far. He's no Scotty Bowman. But he is definitely better than what we had. No question about it.

I think Bab's has done an excellent job. I hope he's around for a while, because I think we can win a Stanley Cup with him behind the bench.

SJ is really a tough team to play against and this series can go either way. If we lose to the Sharks, I still feel this season was a big success. We are playing better playoff hockey and we evened an old score by making 2004 history.

All we need to do is win Game 4 and we're back in the drivers seat. SJ has a lot of pressure to win on Wednesday and not let us back in the series. Bab's will have us ready to go.

Remember it took Scotty 4 tries before he won a Cup in Detroit. Bab's is currently on try 2.

Lidstrom is terrible , Zetterbergs bad , Haseks a flopper , Datsyuk a small usless forward , Lang is lazy and he sucks , Bertuzzi is a big penalty hound.

Seriously , what more do people want to whine about ? Give it a rest please

Guest Crymson

Yeah, we won the series because Calgary just wasn't good enough. If that was San Jose or Anaheim, we would've gotten killed with all the giveaways at the blue line and the sloppiness in our own zone. I may have exagerrated, but really not that much.

The fact that we finished 1st in the western conference... well, you can attribute that to our crappy division or..whatever. During the regular season, we got away with all the things I mentioned. That's not gonna work in the playoffs against teams like San Jose and Anaheim.

Again, you're attempting to find every reason why Babcock sucks. You don't even know the statistics about the regular season, I see.

That strategy won because Calgary wasn't good enough? Uhm, right. Guess what? If we won, then it WAS a good strategy.

As Eva brought up, we actually won more points against better teams than did San Jose. I don't get it--why are you going into info that you don't know in order to discredit Babcock? This smacks of scapegoating.

I'll say it again: you're a spoiled fan. Well, actually, you're not a fan.