• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
scotzman

Can We Talk About Bertuzzi?

Rate this topic

I'm not going to sit here and rip him apart, but he has not been a difference maker. He just doesn't seem to be the guy I was hoping for in the playoffs. Is he still in a daze from the concussion or still hurt/recovering from the back. I don't get it.

Maybe I am expecting too much.

Meh, I don't know. I was very very worried trading for a guy that has played 7 games the whole year, but I've liked him for the most part..but this series I have not been impressed. I really havn't noticed him much this series, besides his bonehead penalties.

Yeah, the guy has to step it up. 4 years ago he was one of the top 5 players in the league. He didnt look good tonight - mind you I only caught the third, i had my own hockey game to play in.

Heard it was a barn burner though.

It definitely wasn't a good game for him. (Understatement of the year?) Both penalties were easy calls to make...

... Personally, I don't think he fits at all on that top line -- there's no chemistry at all -- and the good thing is that'll change for Wednesday's game.

Lang played better, but that's not saying much.... I guess your best bet for him (still) is to keep him with Franzen and Lang on the 2nd line.

Yeah, the guy has to step it up. 4 years ago he was one of the top 5 players in the league. He didnt look good tonight - mind you I only caught the third, i had my own hockey game to play in.

Heard it was a barn burner though.

He just looks lost out there... the Sharks dominated in the latter part of the 2nd and all of the 3rd. Bert was non-existent except for the penalties.

Oh god, wait till Draperfan gets a sniff of this thread. If only there was a way to block users from a thread =/

I have a feeling he'll tune it up a notch once we get Homer back with the Eurotwins. If he and Lang could get something going we'd be a force.

Is it just me or does he seem about 3-5 seconds slower than the play thats actually being made...

This is what I am talking about... the guy has a brain cloud or something.

I keep waiting for that guy I saw in the Vancouver series back in 2002... apparently a lot has changed (breaking someone's neck/back surgery).

Is he just a head case?

Oh god, wait till Draperfan gets a sniff of this thread. If only there was a way to block users from a thread.

Does DraperFan hate him or something?

This is what I am talking about... the guy has a brain cloud or something.

I keep waiting for that guy I saw in the Vancouver series back in 2002... apparently a lot has changed (breaking someone's neck/back surgery).

Is he just a head case?

Maybe..I was pretty suprised at the elbow he threw, thought that would be the last thing he would do after the whole incident. Try to make your rep better bert..

He was awful tonight. We can all agree on that. But let's not go overboard like some already have insisting that he's been horrible this post season and not a difference at all. Bert was playing fine up until tonight. He'll move on and get ready for Game 4. I'm sure we'll see something different out there on Wednesday.

Does DraperFan hate him or something?

Draperfan actually has an alarm set off in his room that rings every time Bertuzzi's name is brought up in any thread. Hot on pursuit, he then barrages him with borderline psychotic rants ranging from decent points to complete irrationality in order to make Bert appear as the anti-christ.

In all seriousness, yes, yes he does. In fact aside from Bertuzzi bashing he doesn't really post on these boards at all.

Maybe..I was pretty suprised at the elbow he threw, thought that would be the last thing he would do after the whole incident. Try to make your rep better bert..

He has to play with an edge, which he has not thus far in the playoffs... he tried to stick that Shark after the penalty was called late in the 3rd too. I thought he was going to draw another penalty.

Somehow this guy needs to wake up.

Maybe he should go jump into a volcano.

Glad someone else saw that movie! :lol:

He was awful tonight. We can all agree on that. But let's not go overboard like some already have insisting that he's been horrible this post season and not a difference at all. Bert was playing fine up until tonight. He'll move on and get ready for Game 4. I'm sure we'll see something different out there on Wednesday.

:clap: Agree. He had a bad game, but to say he hasn't been a factor in these playoffs for us is crap.

The lines go back to "normal" in Game 4 so we'll see, but I did like the Franzen, Bert Flip line as well.

Cheers!

esteef

OH man. We have a new goat... ha ha.

I think he's been okay. Bad tonight...not great last game either, but yeah. Who's been really great in this series...other than Cleary.

He's still coming off back surgery though, then a concussion...definitely is not 100%. He's still a force and tough to move, I love seeing a big guy like that out there still!

:clap: Agree. He had a bad game, but to say he hasn't been a factor in these playoffs for us is crap.

The lines go back to "normal" in Game 4 so we'll see, but I did like the Franzen, Bert Flip line as well.

Cheers!

esteef

I don't think I am saying that he hasn't shown up, he just has never looked completely comfortable. He is not the player that I remember. That is all I am saying. I am waiting for that break out game.

Thornton showed up, now it's Big Berts turn.

Call me crazy but I don't see him playing this mediocre as a bad thing, we all know he won't be 100% until he gets a few months or so to fully rehabilitate his back. Perhaps if we resign him his current play will be ruled as the main factor dictating the amount of salary he receives, in which case we could get him for significantly less than what was originally perceived. Probably just wishful thinking but I feel it's a possibility.