• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Paralyzed Snow Angel of Defeat

Rate this topic

I'm not solely placing the blame of Game 3's loss squarely on his shoulders, it is a team game and a few players have to make a mistake before Floppy gets his chance, but seriously. I don't understand how laying motionless on your back -out of postion nevertheless- is a good way to make saves.

I know he used to be a premier goalie, but man oh man. If it wasn't for Lidstrom's stick I think it was, it would have easily been 3-1.

I'm not saying he's complete crap- not at all- but his lack of good technique and position drive me insane. He has yet to outplay either goalie this series and for that reason alone the Wings have their work cut out for them unless he gets a little better.

Anyway, Game 4 hopefully draws us even.

GO WINGS!

I know he used to be a premier goalie, but man oh man. If it wasn't for Lidstrom's stick I think it was, it would have easily been 3-1.

Chelios' stick. And no, it wouldn't have been 3-1...Cheechoo's goal was scored on a PP resulting from a questionable call on Draper on the same play that Chelios deflected the puck over the net. Had the Sharks scored, there is no PP.

I'll admit it can drive me nuts at times, he will make an easy save look like an icredible one at times. With that being said, he has been great for us imo, I want to know where our scoring is. All I listen to is announcers talking about all our skillled forwards, it doesn't show.

hasek is mvp of this game, stop knocking the goalie, its what we always do in this town, blame the goalie when the rest of the team just doesnt show up. Cmon now

I admit, it scares the hell outta me when Hasek flops around or plays the puck behind the net, but there's no denying the fact that he is still an incredible goalie. not used to be, IS. The man has never lost a playoff series while wearing a wings jersey, and that alone should win him our respect. He's got one of the highest save percentages in the NHL, and in case you didn't notice, he made some pretty incredible (and clutch) saves this evening.

His defense and the Wings lack of offense cost us this game, NOT hasek.

Flopping is Hasek's style, it's what he does, it's what makes him great. Do you think he'd be as good playing the straight-up butterfly? No. He is what he is.

Tonight, he flopped and got burned for the second goal, but he could've made the play with the poke-check and it just didn't happen. Oh well. If that's one mistake, he covered up for a million others. He really had a great game.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Lets rethink this.

Hasek only let in two goals in a game where 25 minutes we played like mindless ass hats.

Cmon, he did pretty well. He didnt even pass to the wrong guy all game.

You can hang this loss on the 12 guys who decided not to show up after the second intermisson.

Hasek is fine. Although he is still an ass clown,

Chelios' stick. And no, it wouldn't have been 3-1...Cheechoo's goal was scored on a PP resulting from a questionable call on Draper on the same play that Chelios deflected the puck over the net. Had the Sharks scored, there is no PP.

I was referring to when he was lying on the ice and Lidstrom (or somebody) stuck their stick right at the goal line and kept the puck from going in. I am already trying to forget this game and look forward to Game 4, but I think the puck was frozen after that, thus no ensuing PP.

hasek is mvp of this game, stop knocking the goalie, its what we always do in this town, blame the goalie when the rest of the team just doesnt show up. Cmon now

I'm not solely placing the blame of Game 3's loss squarely on his shoulders, it is a team game and a few players have to make a mistake before Floppy gets his chance

I admit, it scares the hell outta me when Hasek flops around or plays the puck behind the net, but there's no denying the fact that he is still an incredible goalie. not used to be, IS. The man has never lost a playoff series while wearing a wings jersey, and that alone should win him our respect. He's got one of the highest save percentages in the NHL, and in case you didn't notice, he made some pretty incredible (and clutch) saves this evening.

His defense and the Wings lack of offense cost us this game, NOT hasek.

He's actually 10th in the playoffs with a Save Percentage of.916 which isn't bad at all, but not what I would call INCREDIBLE.

But I agree that scoring one goal isn't going to cut it. He's not the sole reason they lost, as I already said. But his style of play does drive me insane!

Lets rethink this.

Hasek only let in two goals in a game where 25 minutes we played like mindless ass hats.

Cmon, he did pretty well. He didnt even pass to the wrong guy all game.

You can hang this loss on the 12 guys who decided not to show up after the second intermisson.

Hasek is fine. Although he is still an ass clown,

Good points all around. They just got worked over for the second half of the game, you could just feel either a penalty or goal coming at some point.

True, he didn't pull a Roy and give the puck to the other team, and was stuck with a less than stellar performance from his teamates.

But I do agree that he is an ass clown IMO. While I was very very happy in '02 with the Cup, I stil disliked seeing him win it. Just don't like him. He's had a very impressive career and helped the WIngs quite a bit, but I still don't like him.

Yes he's good. But I don't think he is the dominant golie he was in '02. And he has always been annoying to me. But him being a WIng I will still root for his goofy ass.

I'm not solely placing the blame of Game 3's loss squarely on his shoulders, it is a team game and a few players have to make a mistake before Floppy gets his chance, but seriously. I don't understand how laying motionless on your back -out of postion nevertheless- is a good way to make saves.

I'm not saying he's complete crap- not at all- but his lack of good technique and position drive me insane. He has yet to outplay either goalie this series and for that reason alone the Wings have their work cut out for them unless he gets a little better.

Anyway, Game 4 hopefully draws us even.

GO WINGS!

Given how the Wings played the last 30 minutes or so of the game, if Hasek isn't on the ball he's not even close at the end.

If Hasek isn't on the ball in game 2, it's 3-0 right now.

Hasek's style works 9 out of 10 times. Most players aren't smart enough or quick enough to react and actually lift the puck. Hasek effectively takes away the bottom of the net, where everyone is trying to stuff it in.

Usually after every loss there is usually one different target on the Wings. Somehow though, Hasek always manages to fold the blame.

He played good last night. The loss wasn't his fault. Damn, just because he's the goalie doesn't mean he should be the only one being blamed here.

bottom line, hasek = scapegoat for fans who just want somebody to blame.

these are close games and style points don't make a bit of difference. if he falls flat on his face to save a puck, i could honestly care less.

the team played well for the most part, just missed some chances.

game 4 will likely be just as close, which is why this series was destined for seven games from the start.

here's to returning to the joe at 2-2, making this a three game series and a nail-biter at that.

Add the two posts that Schnieds hit and it could've been 3-3. It's easy to play the numbers blame game. The Wings failed to bring it for 60 again, that's all. They'll be more prepared for game 4, no question about it.

Agreed, Hasek is not to blame. We didn't show up for 60 minutes and SJ capitalized on their chances. It was a close game and could have gone either way. Period.

I totally hate it, but it is his style, and the goals were not bad.

IMO if hasek was a "NORMAL" Butterfly or stand up i do not think that last goal would have gone in. I am just saying i think he could have gotten up faster or aleast moved a lil or maybe a pokecheck could have save the game for the wings. Other than that goal, His game was on all night. He did all he could to give the wings a chance to win the game... but the rest of the team didnt show up after the first 40.

Sloppy play cost us the game. There is no way i am putting all of this on him, ( Cough cough WAY TO MANY TURN OVERS AGAIN cough cough)

The wings will bring it big time in game 4... I am feeling a huge boost for them as soon as homer steps on to that ice.

Let me get this straight, even though Hasek has been great all season, and is considered one of the best goalies in the history of the game, he now needs to change his style and stop with the flopping?

I love panic mode...

Hasek didn't loose the game for us, but I believe Nabokov went a long way to winning the game by holding the Wings to one in the first half onslaught. If we're going to make it out of this series Dom is going to have to have a flash-back to the Buffalo years and absolutely steal a game or two.

I don't need to say much, most people here understand Hasek didn't lose the game. If anything, he's usually the reason the game is even close and not an embarrassment. "He's great, but..." is such a cop-out. <_<

You can't win if you don't score. If you don't score more than one goal, you're still probably not going to win in the playoffs. Hasek can't leave the crease to go score a goal or two (or even look too hard at the corners beyond the trapezoid without being penalized), so he can't do much more than he's doing. He has a sub-2.00 GAA, lowest of any goalie in the playoffs as well as the entire season.

Anyone know who has the best goals-for in the playoffs? I bet it's not us!

Homer may or may not give them some sort of edge in Game 4. We'll see, I guess.

Hasek didn't loose the game for us, but I believe Nabokov went a long way to winning the game by holding the Wings to one in the first half onslaught. If we're going to make it out of this series Dom is going to have to have a flash-back to the Buffalo years and absolutely steal a game or two.

Nabokov is starting to show why the Sharks fans thought they had the advantage in net. Not saying Hasek is the reason the Wings are losing. Far from it. But Nabokov is a lot better then many Wings fans thought.

When Cheechoo scored that goal, I was thinking to myself "what in the hell was Hasek thinking??".

I still think that, what he did makes no sense to me, he could have just stood there and poked the puck away, but he chose to to lie on his back (not even look where the puck is) spread his arms and hope for the best. He does it all the time and it drives me nuts.

BUT, and this is a big BUT, he played great last night and while the goal was a pretty bad effort on his part, without him, the score would have been worse.

I'm sorry but I don't think Hasek is being outplayed in this series at all. In fact, I think he's played much better than Nabakov.

Kipper was out of his mind in the first round but Hasek was very, very solid. He saved at least 2 games for us.

Hasek isn't the problem. Maybe if the Wings had actually cleared a puck or won more battles for loose pucks in the 3rd, we'd be talking about going up 3 games to 1 tomorrow night.