• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Paralyzed Snow Angel of Defeat

Rate this topic

I'm not solely placing the blame of Game 3's loss squarely on his shoulders, it is a team game and a few players have to make a mistake before Floppy gets his chance, but seriously. I don't understand how laying motionless on your back -out of postion nevertheless- is a good way to make saves.

I know he used to be a premier goalie, but man oh man. If it wasn't for Lidstrom's stick I think it was, it would have easily been 3-1.

I'm not saying he's complete crap- not at all- but his lack of good technique and position drive me insane. He has yet to outplay either goalie this series and for that reason alone the Wings have their work cut out for them unless he gets a little better.

Anyway, Game 4 hopefully draws us even.

GO WINGS!

It's a mess to look at, but his flopping works.

It looks like he's totally lost out there, but over the years I think he's more than proven that his technique, or lack thereof, is extremely effective.

People here seriously need to grow up. After a loss it's "the coach sucks," or "Hasek flops" or "(insert players name here) sucks!"

If you guys can't handle playoff hockey and the prospect of losing, maybe it's best you don't watch.

Paralyzed Snow Angel of Defeat, Could Haseks' flopping be any less effective??

6 Vezinas

2 Harts

1 Gold Medal

1 Stanley Cup

So to answer your question, YES it could be less effective.

Plus, he was the biggest reason we were even in that game late. And if one of those Schneider blasts that hit the post goes in, we probably win that game.

The only one's who complain about Dom's style are the people who don't know his game. How is that even possible if you're a Wing fan? Why the hell do we keep blaming him when we lose. Enough already. There's a reason he's one of the best goalies EVER, and why everyone who plays with him says there really is no equal. THIS THREAD SUCKS!

btw-does anybody remember the snow angel working on Cheechoo in the first period?

Nope... the only other save of his on Cheechoo I remember is stopping him after he got off a one-timer in the slot, not sure what period.

Although I don't doubt you... My short memory is of a different variety than the ones that some fans are cursed with when they cry about Hasek's style of goaltending...

Nope... the only other save of his on Cheechoo I remember is stopping him after he got off a one-timer in the slot, not sure what period.

Although I don't doubt you... My short memory is of a different variety than the ones that some fans are cursed with when they cry about Hasek's style of goaltending...

It's the one that they had to go upstairs for a review on, because the puck actually landed on Hasek and they couldn't tell if it might have crossed the line or not.

And that save you are talking about was absolutely sick as well.

Edited by aarond

Oh yeah, I remember that. Score one for the paralyzed snow angel of defeat.

Well really the reason the play had to go up stairs was the snow angel... that puck should have never been that close to going in anyways... at least not enough for a video replay.

btw-does anybody remember the snow angel working on Cheechoo in the first period?

Not specifically, but that is pretty much always the way, right? People want to ***** and moan when his flopping doesn't work and a goal goes in but they never bother to think about all the times where it saves a goal that would have went in otherwise. You can't just say "if Hasek were a butterfly style goaltender he would have saved that and the Sharks would have scored one less goal." What about the other saves he possibly wouldn't have made if he were a strict butterfly style goaltender? These threads are so ridiculous but I called it when that goal went in last night that there would be one when I came to LGW today. I turned and said to my mother "and now someone is going to ***** about Hasek." Give me a break, people. Hasek played fantastic last night. He's the only reason it was only a one goal game. If you can't see that, I don't know what else to say to you. Dom held the Wings in there when the rest of the team was falling to pieces around him. If it hadn't been for Hasek's play in the first three games of this series, the Sharks would have embarrassed the Wings terribly and would have a 3-0 strangehold on the series.

Edited by Grind Line 33

Well really the reason the play had to go up stairs was the snow angel... that puck should have never been that close to going in anyways... at least not enough for a video replay.

How do you know that the puck wouldn't have gone in if he tried to stay conventional on it? The Snow Angel throws guys off and makes them adjust when they otherwise would just let the shot go. In fact, that's what made Cheechoo's goal more difficult. If Hasek just goes down into a buttlerfly, and Cheechoo fakes and goes around, then has a lot more net to work with and he doesn't have to try to stick handle around Dom's arm, which is why he had to get off that weak chip that barely went in.

Edited by aarond

How do you know that the puck wouldn't have gone in if he tried to stay conventional on it? The Snow Angel throws guys off and makes them adjust when they otherwise would just let the shot go. In fact, that's what made Cheechoo's goal more difficult. If Hasek just goes down into a buttlerfly, and Cheechoo fakes and goes around, then has a lot more net to work with and he doesn't have to try to stick handle around Dom's arm, which is why he had to get off that weak chip that barely went in.

I don't, but we can both wonder now can't we?

Barely went it? To bash Dom, you're using some selective memory. Cheechoo's goal was a good goal, an even sweeter move. Dissect Dom's "snowangel" all you want, you are wrong. As GrindLine33 said perfectly -> this game isn't even close if not for Hasek. :crazy: How do you make a s*** list and Dominik Hasek is the name at the top? Unbelievable. Edited by motorcitykid

Well according to the pulls... He's the 4th best ever :sly:

Which would make him one of the greatest ever, wouldn't it? :sly:

Barely went it? To bash Dom, you're using some selective memory. Cheechoo's goal was a good goal, an even sweeter move. Dissect Dom's "snowangel" all you want, you are wrong. As GrindLine33 said perfectly -> this game isn't even close if not for Hasek. :crazy: How do you make a s*** list and Dominik Hasek is the name at the top? Unbelievable.

You're misinterpreting me. I'm defending Dom.

Which would make him one of the greatest ever, wouldn't it? :sly:

You're misinterpreting me. I'm defending Dom.

yeppers, the 4th best. :sly::huh:

So I realize that my post came off as sounding whiney (Hasek does annoy me and I'm not apologizing for that). What I never said was "Hasek is to blame for the loss".

What I did say was "I'm not solely placing the blame of Game 3's loss squarely on his shoulders"

Yes he's been a top goalie for years. Yes he had a solid regular season. Yes he's had a pretty decent playoff run this year. No I don't think he's been as good as he was in '02. Yes I hate his style. I understand that it has worked for him for years, but I hate watching it.

Our team was simply outplayed the second half of the game and that is why they lost.

So fine, you guys are right his floppy play often is effective. But I'll be damned if he doesn't look ridiculous when he lies motionless on his back while the puck bounces around the crease.

I disliked Hasek when he played for Buffalo, I begrudgingly cheered for him on his first stint with the Wings. I disliked him in Ottawa. And I begrudgingly root for him again. Just because he is a Red Wing doesn't mean I have to love him. But it does mean I'll cheer him on.

Blaming a loss on a goalie is about as lame as blaming a loss on any single player and nowhere in my post do I believe I did that. He just drives me crazy sometimes. And with that I'll shut up.

Blaming a loss on a goalie is about as lame as blaming a loss on any single player and nowhere in my post do I believe I did that.

You do realize you just alienated about 98% of the people on this board :lol:

I love it!

So I realize that my post came off as sounding whiney (Hasek does annoy me and I'm not apologizing for that). What I never said was "Hasek is to blame for the loss".

What I did say was "I'm not solely placing the blame of Game 3's loss squarely on his shoulders"

Yes he's been a top goalie for years. Yes he had a solid regular season. Yes he's had a pretty decent playoff run this year. No I don't think he's been as good as he was in '02. Yes I hate his style. I understand that it has worked for him for years, but I hate watching it.

Our team was simply outplayed the second half of the game and that is why they lost.

So fine, you guys are right his floppy play often is effective. But I'll be damned if he doesn't look ridiculous when he lies motionless on his back while the puck bounces around the crease.

I disliked Hasek when he played for Buffalo, I begrudgingly cheered for him on his first stint with the Wings. I disliked him in Ottawa. And I begrudgingly root for him again. Just because he is a Red Wing doesn't mean I have to love him. But it does mean I'll cheer him on.

Blaming a loss on a goalie is about as lame as blaming a loss on any single player and nowhere in my post do I believe I did that. He just drives me crazy sometimes. And with that I'll shut up.

If the biggest complaint that can be leveled against a goalie is that he stops pucks, but looks ridiculous while doing it, that's probably a good thing.

Sheesh,...i'm glad they did have the internet in the 50's i can imagine some of the post about sawchuck,...he stops to many pucks with his face! i mean so what if has 100+ shutouts, he lost the game for us!

logic,...it's a good thing, i promise if you use it, you won't die. Think, 2002 cup,..not without hasek, awards? got 'em in spades, top ten of all time, you betcha. Are any of us goaltenders in the NHL? no? then i guess we should shut the heck up,..that's what id do if i wasn't a goalie but made it a point to pick apart every goal, regardless of how well he played. Yup shut the heck up, that should do it.

Edited by theman19

Hasek's style makes him what he is, grant that i did think the goal he kinda gave away in the second game was a miscue on his part but still he's one hell of a goalie. he's done a whole hell of a lot for us that others couldn't in net. I do get nervous when he "snow angels" but i trust that he's going to make the key save as he has done night in and night out, he is our man and is the one who should be with detroit

IMO if hasek was a "NORMAL" Butterfly or stand up i do not think that last goal would have gone in.

You might be right about that goal, but a lot of other goals would have gone in. If Detroit would start a "Normal" goalie in game 4 instead of Hasek, Sharks fans and Sharks players would love to see the blowout Sharks win that would be the result.

After reading most of these posts, I'm not sure what series you people have been watching, but it hasn't been the Detroit-San Jose series. Hasek has yet to outplay Nabby. In Games 1 and 2 San Jose put a total of 12 shots on goal in the final two periods. Hasek hasn't played as well as he can, or as well as we need him to.

In the playoffs, just like Mick said last night, you only go as far as your goaltender takes you. We don't have the team we had in 02, when Dom could have a couple of bad game, and we could still get the win. We need Dom to pick it up. Yes, we need to score more. Yes we need to be better at just about every aspect of the game. But it all STARTS in net, that's why if we lose this seies, the blame starts with Dom, and if we win this series, the praise starts with Dom.