• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SJCheechoo14

Hasek vs. Nabby

Rate this topic

I think this game is greatly influenced by the goaltenders tonight...Nabby was awesome and Hasek was awesome. It all came down to the lucky bounces in the end cause both goaltenders were like walls

I think this game is greatly influenced by the goaltenders tonight...Nabby was awesome and Hasek was awesome. It all came down to the lucky bounces in the end cause both goaltenders were like walls

True...

SJ just had the hunger in the 3rd.

yup both goalies played well.

One thing to note. I have noticed that when you shoot the puck low on nabby from the angle, say the hash marks on the outerside of the faceoff circle, he ALWAYS lets up the same juicy giant rebound to the exact opposite angle. I am really surprised none of the wings have capitalized on this yet

yeah and one thing Nabby seems to have trouble with is shots from the outside. I think the wings are great shooters and if they shot more from farther away it would go in, not that I want them to but yeah..lol

precisely what I scream at my tv. GET THE F'ING REBOUND!

no one listens.

One thing to note. I have noticed that when you shoot the puck low on nabby from the angle, say the hash marks on the outerside of the faceoff circle, he ALWAYS lets up the same juicy giant rebound to the exact opposite angle. I am really surprised none of the wings have capitalized on this yet

To be fair to Hasek, he had Cheechoo's go-ahead goal nailed as well as he could, I thought. Normally it would have been a quick shot, and up close like that Hasek would have had it almost every time. Cheechoo was more patient, that's all, and not so quick to commit. He waited until after Hasek had already committed and was already down, before dragging it past his feet and dishing it upward. At that point, the fog horn hadn't gone off, and Hasek couldn't have known if he was even on top of the puck or not, so he couldn't afford to lift his leg or move either. Both were skilled maneuvers, but in this case, the shooter's patience won out, but there was no luck involved on either's part there, and no errors for anyone that I saw. Just very good play.

To be fair to Hasek, he had Cheechoo's go-ahead goal nailed as well as he could, I thought. Normally it would have been a quick shot, and up close like that Hasek would have had it almost every time. Cheechoo was more patient, that's all, and not so quick to commit. He waited until after Hasek had already committed and was already down, before dragging it past his feet and dishing it upward. At that point, the fog horn hadn't gone off, and Hasek couldn't have known if he was even on top of the puck or not, so he couldn't afford to lift his leg or move either. Both were skilled maneuvers, but in this case, the shooter's patience won out, but there was no luck involved on either's part there, and no errors for anyone that I saw. Just very good play.

Hasek should not have comitted as early as he did. Even if it works sometime,s it's still a mistake. Cheechoo was able to score not because he made a great move, but because Hasek took himself out of the play. Hasek comitted, flopped, and then lost sight of the puck. By the time he realized where it was again, it was on its way into the net.

Had he poke checked it or simply been patient let the shooter make the first move, there is no goal. Hasek's mistake was committing to the save before the shooter had committed to the shot. Cheechoo was not in the act of shooting when Hasek flopped--meaning he had time to react to Hasek's flop.

\Had he poke checked it or simply been patient let the shooter make the first move, there is no goal. Hasek's mistake was committing to the save before the shooter had committed to the shot. Cheechoo was not in the act of shooting when Hasek flopped--meaning he had time to react to Hasek's flop.

If it was an approaching player on a breakaway I would totally agree, but up close like that? Of all players, Cheechoo is not one to hesitate with. IMO, Hasek had to commit, or Cheechoo would have pulled the trigger on him. It was a coin flip for Hasek, high or low. I definitely couldn't fault him for committing. Not with the puck on Cheechoo's tape, and right there in the crease where reaction time is nil. The only thing about that goal that surprised me was Cheechoo not firing off the shot "on time". One could argue that it was a bad/risky move on his part even, given that he was absolutely swarmed by Wingers at the time.

One thing that both teams lacked through the last two games were MOJO.... that wierd kind of luck that only the hockey gods can give. The lucky bounce, that extra inch. Wings rand like two or three off the pipes in the 1st... as we did last game. Very very tight.

yeah and one thing Nabby seems to have trouble with is shots from the outside. I think the wings are great shooters and if they shot more from farther away it would go in, not that I want them to but yeah..lol

If we shoot from any further away we'll be @ our own blueline. What we need is more second and third shots of rebounds because Nabokov is not having ANY problems seeing the first shot.

Hasek should not have comitted as early as he did. Even if it works sometime,s it's still a mistake. Cheechoo was able to score not because he made a great move, but because Hasek took himself out of the play. Hasek comitted, flopped, and then lost sight of the puck. By the time he realized where it was again, it was on its way into the net.

Had he poke checked it or simply been patient let the shooter make the first move, there is no goal. Hasek's mistake was committing to the save before the shooter had committed to the shot. Cheechoo was not in the act of shooting when Hasek flopped--meaning he had time to react to Hasek's flop.

Your way off here. Flat out Wrong. This is not about Hasek committing or not committing or if Cheechoo out waited Dom or not. This is simply WERE was the Defense? The Goalie, regardless of hockey league is responisable for the 1st shot, the rebound is the defense's responisable, Cheechoo should not have had that much time, he should have been knocked on his can as soon as he touched the puck. Now if a wings Defensive man would have hit cheechoo right as he got the rebound, all Cheechoo could have done was shoot the puck, which Hasek was in the perfect spot to stop. Because the Wings did not CLEAR the front of the net after the 1st shot, Cheechoo was allowed the time to make a perfect play and beat Hasek. If you give any goal scorer time in front of the net like that, he will score more times then not, Hasek is not even close to the reason Cheechoo Scored, it was the Players in front of Dom that let him down.

Ask anybody that knows hockey, The Goalie is responisable for the 1st shot on Goal and then any Rebounds become the responisable of the Defensive players on the Ice.

That's awful easy to say after we all saw and now know what Cheechoo planned to do with the puck.

Had Dom tryied to poke check it, he could've missed and Cheechoo still would've scored.

Had he waited for the shooter to make the first move, Cheechoo sttill could've scored.

It's all monday-morning quarterbacking.

Ask anybody that knows hockey, The Goalie is responisable for the 1st shot on Goal and then any Rebounds become the responisable of the Defensive players on the Ice.

Agreed 100%

Ask anybody that knows hockey, they will tell you that goalies need to control rebounds better. Some goalies in the NHL are simply roasted because the bad rebounds they serve up. This is simply a response to your general comment because it sounds like you are saying as long as the goalie makes the first save, he can do no wrong, everything after that is up to the defense.

On this particular goal, I am not saying it was Hasek's fault, in fact, I think it was more the D's fault, but at the same time, I am still baffled by the way Dom played it.

Your way off here. Flat out Wrong. This is not about Hasek committing or not committing or if Cheechoo out waited Dom or not. This is simply WERE was the Defense? The Goalie, regardless of hockey league is responisable for the 1st shot, the rebound is the defense's responisable, Cheechoo should not have had that much time, he should have been knocked on his can as soon as he touched the puck. Now if a wings Defensive man would have hit cheechoo right as he got the rebound, all Cheechoo could have done was shoot the puck, which Hasek was in the perfect spot to stop. Because the Wings did not CLEAR the front of the net after the 1st shot, Cheechoo was allowed the time to make a perfect play and beat Hasek. If you give any goal scorer time in front of the net like that, he will score more times then not, Hasek is not even close to the reason Cheechoo Scored, it was the Players in front of Dom that let him down.

For examples of the correct way the Wings just have to watch the tapes on whats been done tho them down @ the other end. We haven't had much time or space in the slot to do much of anything. That goal was the same as Dats goal in the second game, you can't let the other team roam around the net and not expect goals like these.......I just like it better when see it @ the other end.

Ask anybody that knows hockey, they will tell you that goalies need to control rebounds better. Some goalies in the NHL are simply roasted because the bad rebounds they serve up. This is simply a response to your general comment because it sounds like you are saying as long as the goalie makes the first save, he can do no wrong, everything after that is up to the defense.

On this particular goal, I am not saying it was Hasek's fault, in fact, I think it was more the D's fault, but at the same time, I am still baffled by the way Dom played it.

Once the Goalie makes the first save it is up to the Defense to control the other players. Yes the goalie needs to try and control their rebounds, but rebounds are going to happen to every goalie every game, no matter how good they are. Dom played it the best he could have, their is nothing he should have changed, the guys in front of Dom need to change the way they played that. Dom took away the easy jam in the rebound play, but Cheechoo had all day in front of the net, any time you can drag the puck across the crease without being hit is way too much time.

Everything after the first shot is up to the Defense. Defense needs to clear the front of the net, knock down bodies.

Dom played it the best he could have, their is nothing he should have changed, the guys in front of Dom need to change the way they played that. Dom took away the easy jam in the rebound play, but Cheechoo had all day in front of the net, any time you can drag the puck across the crease without being hit is way too much time.

Everything after the first shot is up to the Defense. Defense needs to clear the front of the net, knock down bodies.

No.

Apparently after playing this style for his entire career, winning a Stanley Cup with the Wings in 2002 with this syle, and amassing 6 Vezinas playing this style, people here now want him to become a stand-up goaltender so they can feel better while they watch him play. <_<

Yeah, the Sharks do a fantastic job of clearing the puck on a rebound. The more I see of this team the more immpressed I am. I think the Wings might be in trouble...

Watch the replay again. Cheechoo did make a move. Hasek is squared up facing the shooter so Cheechoo fakes taking the shot. Hasek committed to the fake and Cheechoo skates around him for the backhand. Hasek can't be faulted for defending against the quick rebound shot. He bought time for the defense.

That goal was less about substandard play from the goalie or the defense than Cheechoo just making a good play. It happens.

While better than most NHL goalies, Nabby does give up a few too many rebounds but is also pretty good at kicking them to the side boards, away from opposing players. When he does give up a bad rebound it us usually up the slot. Sharks defense is pretty good at collapsing to the front of the net and clearing away the bad rebounds before the other team can convert them into scoring chances.

Watch the replay again. Cheechoo did make a move. Hasek is squared up facing the shooter so Cheechoo fakes taking the shot. Hasek committed to the fake and Cheechoo skates around him for the backhand. Hasek can't be faulted for defending against the quick rebound shot. He bought time for the defense.

That goal was less about substandard play from the goalie or the defense than Cheechoo just making a good play. It happens.

Actually I think it does say something about the defense when he can fake like that and has time to toe drag it across and flip it in the open net without getting decked by someone.

Actually I think it does say something about the defense when he can fake like that and has time to toe drag it across and flip it in the open net without getting decked by someone.

Yeah, watched the replay a couple more times (as painful as that was to do) and Markov was right there. Instead of laying out Cheechoo he lunged for the puck, bad plan. Hank was also there, trying to poke-check, which is a little more excusable for him. Had Train not been covering the other side of the net, I like to think that Cheechoo would've ended up on his ass.

Yeah, but his job is to make the first save, anything after that is up to the D to take care of. :P

Had to do it.

Yea and his defense cover for him very well. We only have what one rebound goal in 3 games and he gives up alot of rebounds.