• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernWingsFan

The One and Only Positive I Have Faith, Kumbayah"

Rate this topic

The effort that has been put on the back burner... NEEDS to come to the forefront and STAY in the forefront. We can ill afford to allow the game play like the last 50 mins of game 1, first 5 mins of game 2 and last 30 mins of 3 to take a drivers seat roll. The wings have to muster the strength to play dominant for the entire game. We have already had our brain farting errors... no more can be allowed. We need to play responsible hockey from hear on out.

Next round our slate gets cleaned.... we just have to make it there.

BTW, you picked a HORRIBLE name and you will find out soon enough why,

They sure did :lol: :battle:

Edited by OsGOD

It will help having Homer back. And after the loss ppl come onto the forums pissed, annoyed, angry and so on. The series isn't over yet. Homer will make an impact and Wings can still win the series.

Have faith

GO WINGS!!!

Good stuff. I agree. This being a 7 game series we aren't out by a long shot. What gives me optimisim is that while we have lost two of the three, we haven't really played all that well either. A lot of that is due credit to San Jose, but I think there is a lot more the Red Wings can bring to Game 4 then they have so far. And getting Holmstrom back is a very nice boost that should get us back to some good chemistry/more balanced lines again.

And I'll make sure to take some deep breaths next time before I post pissed off after a game. :blush:

Here's to spiltting the series tomorrow. :thumbup:

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

The key to beating the sharks is to PREVENT their cycle before they even begin it. In order to do that, Hasek has to come out and catch each dump in before it gets all the way around. He has done his part, but our defensemen who get the puck from hasek senslessly toss the puck around the boards to a Shark. Our Defensment need to do a better job of getting the puck out of our zone, simple as that.

lets go red wings!!!!!!!

Why are most of the people who are on this board so negitive?

Why do you have to blame players and coachs?

Why cant you :clap: for San Jose who took the play to Detroit in the 3rd period?

San Jose played better then the wings the last 30 minutes of Game 3. San Jose came out with a Win. It was a great game all around, yes the Wings can play better, yes the Ref's sucked ass. but lets give credit were credit is due.... San Jose Sharks outplayed the Detroit Red Wings in Game 3 in San Jose. There I said it.

I though Wings fans were also Hockey fans, but I am proven wrong over and over on this board. Its always the same s***. Blame him, or him or him or them or this or that, never give the other team props.

Yesterdays Game was a solid Hockey game, Great playoff goals, great hits, alot of chances at both ends, a few plays that could have changed the game hitting the Post, a few questionable calls on both sides, a few missed calls for both sides, all in all a great Playoff hockey game, yes MY Team LOST, it sucks, but it happens, sometimes the Wings win those close games and sometimes they loss them.

We all need to stop blaming other people and focus on the positive points of the next game.

Hommy will be back, The wings power play scored a goal, the Wings played a great road game up into the 3rd period.

Honestly how many times have the Wings been out played in the 3rd period this Year? Once, Twice maybe... Normally we are so strong in the 3rd peroid. Lets Face it, This San Jose Team is one of the best Teams the Wings have faced all year.. They smoked our inter league rivials. They are getting more and more confedence againts a team that can make you feel stupied.

I have every confidence that Detroit will Win the Series. But what is Amazing about the game of Hockey is that no matter what team is playing what team, any given night any team can loss. That is what makes Hockey, Hockey everyone has a chance to Win from the drop of the Puck.

:siren::clap::siren::clap:

couldnt of put it any better

No.

But Nabokov hasn't had the pleasure of staring at Homer's backside yet in this series. Having his big body be a constant presence at the edge of Nabby's crease.

You can't stop what you can't see.

Even on the goals he doesn't touch the puck, Holmstrom is usually a factor.

damnit....I hate to sound positive as well, but Homer's influence is really under-rated.

Does anyone else look at him funny when he's skating up ice with the puck? Or making a pass, or shooting a wrister? II always find myself saying "Homer! WTF? Get.....back...in....front of that net man! What are you doing?"

damnit....I hate to sound positive as well, but Homer's influence is really under-rated.

Does anyone else look at him funny when he's skating up ice with the puck? Or making a pass, or shooting a wrister? II always find myself saying "Homer! WTF? Get.....back...in....front of that net man! What are you doing?"

Homer could probably set a record for most goals scored with the least amount of time actually touching the puck.

A tip here. a poke there. occasionally sliding into the net with the goalie.

I totally agree. when I see him skating with the puck I think "he knows how to puckhandle??"

DaKine, I'd like to take this moment to El-Oh-El at your sig.

*moment*

There we go.

Hoh, always too kind, but thanks!

OK.....back to the playoffs.....................let's hate on something!

aloha

I'm sorry but i'm tired of all the negative comments, ye we havent played our bets hockey, but its not as if were getting blown out, We get Holmstrom back next game which will help, I have the faith we will win game 4 whiich will give us Home Ice Advantage again, I;m calling Detroit in 7 games, I believe we will turn this thing around, we have to remember SJ is an extremely talented young team, but I think our experience will come into place tomorrow, so come on guys let stay positive it's not as if we weer gonna win in 4 or 5 games, We just have to get back to basics and get our forawrds forechecking and scoring a few more goals well b fine, Lets Go Red Wings Lets make this our year!!

OK.....back to the playoffs.....................let's hate on something!

You got it:

Joe Thornton is the true face of evil. His severed head will lie on a pike in front of the Joe before this series is over and done with.

Goooo Wings! Kill dem Sharks! I mean it. I want their heads on pikes, man. How ******* crazy is that?!

I'm sorry but i'm tired of all the negative comments, ye we havent played our bets hockey, but its not as if were getting blown out, We get Holmstrom back next game which will help, I have the faith we will win game 4 whiich will give us Home Ice Advantage again, I;m calling Detroit in 7 games, I believe we will turn this thing around, we have to remember SJ is an extremely talented young team, but I think our experience will come into place tomorrow, so come on guys let stay positive it's not as if we weer gonna win in 4 or 5 games, We just have to get back to basics and get our forawrds forechecking and scoring a few more goals well b fine, Lets Go Red Wings Lets make this our year!!

True, we're not playing our best hockey. But what makes you think we will? Last game was a critical game in round 2, on the coach's birthday, no less. If they can't get pumped about that, what's it going to take?

Regarding Homer, I think that is a flaw with any "role player" based system, in hockey or otherwise. When you lose one, general depth isn't going to fill the gap, and thats what we've been missing.

Homer is becoming the glue on this team.

We'll get him back, and start dominating, you'll see.

True, we're not playing our best hockey. But what makes you think we will? Last game was a critical game in round 2, on the coach's birthday, no less. If they can't get pumped about that, what's it going to take?

Cause he's not a dooms dayer. I'm not all that worried either. They had it and let it slip away. It's only 2-1, I'm pretty sure no other team down 2-1 is giving up, why should the Wings. I'm pretty sure the players couldn't care less about it being babcocks birthday or any of that nonsense. I guess it's just called having a little faith vs. screaming that the sky is falling, just to be able to say "I told you so!".

Cause he's not a dooms dayer. I'm not all that worried either. They had it and let it slip away. It's only 2-1, I'm pretty sure no other team down 2-1 is giving up, why should the Wings. I'm pretty sure the players couldn't care less about it being babcocks birthday or any of that nonsense. I guess it's just called having a little faith vs. screaming that the sky is falling, just to be able to say "I told you so!".

:thumbup: There ain't nothing wrong with having some faith in the Wings. We beat the Sharks once and I'm as sure as hell we can do it again .

Why is it if the Wings lose, they didn't play very well? I thought they played a pretty good game yesterday. I would have liked to see them bury a couple more shots, but I thought they kept a good pace and kept generating chances. The problem they have is that when the Sharks want to play big, tough and fast, the Wings don't have the ability to stop them. I'm not sure any team in the NHL has that ability. The only thing holding the Sharks back is their inability to play 60 minutes of hockey.

I thought the Wings biggest problem last night was their inability to create traffic in front of Nabby. Homer is the best there is at that, but the rest of the lines need to also create some havoc in front. The Wings did a far better job of this against the Flames.

Why is it if the Wings lose, they didn't play very well? I thought they played a pretty good game yesterday. I would have liked to see them bury a couple more shots, but I thought they kept a good pace and kept generating chances. The problem they have is that when the Sharks want to play big, tough and fast, the Wings don't have the ability to stop them. I'm not sure any team in the NHL has that ability. The only thing holding the Sharks back is their inability to play 60 minutes of hockey.

I thought the Wings biggest problem last night was their inability to create traffic in front of Nabby. Homer is the best there is at that, but the rest of the lines need to also create some havoc in front. The Wings did a far better job of this against the Flames.

Because it couldn't possibly be that the Wings were outplayed, or that their opponent is any good. ;)

It's gotta be that they suck. The coaching is terrible. They're lazy. The goaltending was bad. They're uninspired. They don't care if they win or not.

I totally agree with you, looking back at the 1st round with Calgary and the game's so far against the Sharks, the Wings haven't been playing that badly. At time's they've just been down right unlucky with a deflection here or a great save there from the opposition. the only time the Wings have played really s***ty was the first period in game 2 against the Sharks. Sometime's even the better team's lose games they should have won.

100% agreed with Calfan.

Anyways, I always have faith and am always positive. Usually im just positive just for the sake of being so, but this time I am because I TRULY believe the Wings will win this series.

Having Homer back tomorrow is freaking HUGE! Let's take game 4, get home ice back and put those Sharks away.

Having Homer back tomorrow is freaking HUGE! Let's take game 4, get home ice back and put those Sharks away.

I actually forgot that Homer was back for tomorrow's game, That make's me feel even MORE confident that the Wing's can come away from the Tank with a good result. :)