• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Valas19

What does Mikael Samuelsson bring to the table?

Rate this topic

unlike some Wings, I think Sammy has been playing as well as he can.

Not only has he been playing physical, but honestly yeah...he shoots the puck but atleast its driven toward net where the puck has a better chance of going in than playing fancy pants defensive in our on D end. Sammy is a stereotypical scapegoat, like hasek in other threads. Open your eyes people

I have to agree that Sammy doesn't do too much with the puck when it comes to shooting. But plenty of times last night, Sammy dug into the boards with some Sharks players and came out with the puck, passed it to the interior (or Lidstrom) and the Wings got a chance off it.

He brings a little more grit to the Dats-Zetter Line (Grit that I would rather see Homer bring...). Granted, he doesn't shoot much at all (well at least not shooting well), but what people have to remember is that not every player on the team has to have a beautiful slapshot.

In the playoffs

GP: 15

Goals: 0

Assists: 3

PIM: 12

Not so hot in the 2nd season.

Yea getting a point in 1/3 of your playoff hockey games is horriable, geez what was i thinking. How could someone that gets points in 33% of his Career playoff games be any good. God he has to be the worst player in history.

Get a Clue you moron.

Yea getting a point in 1/3 of your playoff hockey games is horriable, geez what was i thinking. How could someone that gets points in 33% of his Career playoff games be any good. God he has to be the worst player in history.

Get a Clue you moron.

You seriously need to calm down. Insulting great (and I emphasize "great") posters in your first week will get you no where.

Get a Clue you moron.

i agree with you, but your methods of explaining your point of view is laughable

Get a Clue you moron.

Moi a moron?.. Please, thats childs play... use bigger words if you are planning to insult me... i am a big boy I can take it :sly:

Actually 3 pts in 15games is 1/5 your playoffs games not 1/3 as you so elequently explained to me.... but math police, I am not... and I am a "moron" as you said

Points yet no goals... didn't Dats get the same abuse for his lack of goals?

One again I am the "moron" here...

BRING IT!

here i set it up for you... Type in 3 (points) / 15 (games) and you should get .2. Now mulitply that (its the 'x' button on the calculator) by 100 and you should get 20% effective... not the so-called 33% fuzzy math... If I am wrong and my calculator needs new batteries then if FULLY (thats 92%) apologize for any and all issues I have caused you in regards to this post. :ph34r: (ninja's, fear them not!)

http://www.math.com/students/calculators/source/basic.htm

You seriously need to calm down. Insulting great (and I emphasize "great") posters in your first week will get you no where.

Well it won't get him/her in the math hall of fame, thats for sure :)

and thanks for the kind words :thumbup:

Edited by OsGOD

Moi a moron?.. Please, thats childs play... use bigger words if you are planning to insult me... i am a big boy I can take it :sly:

Actually 3 pts in 15games is 1/5 your playoffs games not 1/3 as you so elequently explained to me.... but math police, I am not... and I am a "moron" as you said

BRING IT!

:clap:

BRING IT!

here i set it up for you... Type in 3/15 and you should get .2 or 20% or 1/5 of your games...

http://www.math.com/students/calculators/source/basic.htm

hahahahahaha :clap::clap:

Moi a moron.. Please thats childs play... use bigger words... i am a big boy I can take it :sly:

BRING IT!

Woops your right my math is off, that is what I get for trying to post to fast.

Still 1/5 or 20% of your playoff games you get points. Is not a sign of a bad player.

Dats is different then Sammy, Dats is out their for his scoring. That is like saying that Draper is judged by his scoring.

Sammy is still a youny guy, he does alot of small things that make the difference, He gets the puck on net alot (which you sammy haters think is a bad thing?) he wins battles for the puck in the corner. He has great hands with the puck.

Sammy setup the game winner in Game 2 but that doesnt count right?

He played well last night but that doesnt count right?

Did you know that Assists are just as important then Goals? I bet that is news to you but hey, if your not learning something new everyday, then whats the point.

I just dont get why you guys hate Lang and Sammy so much. I am sorry, I just dont get it.

And to Wing_Dynasty I have not seen one great post by you or him yet. It matters not that I am a new memeber to the boards, it matters my hockey knowledge vs your Hockey knowledge, and so far I dont think you have any

And to Wing_Dynasty I have not seen one great post by you or him yet. It matters not that I am a new memeber to the boards, it matters my hockey knowledge vs your Hockey knowledge, and so far I dont think you have any

i would recommend reading the forums then, because youre obviously blind, both of them contribute immensly to this community. You on other hand, have not. Thanks for trying

i would recommend reading the forums then, because youre obviously blind, both of them contribute immensly to this community. You on other hand, have not. Thanks for trying

Unfortuantly for detroit 2 more of those games in this series and the axe falls on dom like it has on so many in the past... Our Uppers management fits the definition as Noob also, becuase they are the ones that consistently replace the goaltender to try to solve our lack of goal output past April 8th.

Offsides will have to update her avatar for the offseason to show the who's next victim for detroit goalies.... I wonder who kenny has his sights on now.. its getting to be that time of year.

Ah detroit breads the goalie love so nicely doesn't it. Bring on Howard... we are ready! Is he?

Yea post like this show how much knowledge he shares with this community. Yea our upper Management including our great Captain are noobs and dont know what they are doing. Give me a break.

Thanks for the laugh, we have the best GM in the league for sure.

I read the title of this thread. No need in reading any of the other posts, because here is your answer:

Nothing, absolutely nothing.

I hated this pickup from day one. I hated the fact he lit it up for a year playing with good linemates and signed the deal Holland offered him. IMO, the day this team does not have a player named Mikael Sammuelson it willl be better off. The combination of this guy and Robert Lang have continually hurt this team in more ways than one, and they continue to inhibit the development of younger players who sit while these two boners glide around the ice.

Edited by DraperFan MN

Awwww, your only 4 days old... :newbie:

Don't worry you will get the hang of identifing actual intellegent posts and pick up "how to's" for posting correct information in threads... :) It takes a bit.. but its easy once you find the trick.

Yea post like this show how much knowledge he shares with this community. Yea our upper Management including our great Captain are noobs and dont know what they are doing. Give me a break.

Thanks for the laugh, we have the best GM in the league for sure.

Oh BTW <--- thats By The Way, my little stalker friend... I replied to that post in the corrct thread... You read it wrong... blame yourself for not reading... not me for post :thumbup:

Here is the quick link back to that response

Its post 1 8 9 or one hundred and eighty-nine in that thread.

Edited by OsGOD

At least Sammy works along the boards and can create chanes, I've noticed that last night. The ONE guy I've been failing to notice and who hardly gets his name mentioned is Calder. Why did we get him again? he's been invisible so far this playoffs IMO!

I read the title of this thread. No need in reading any of the other posts, because here is your answer:

Nothing, absolutely nothing.

I hated this pickup from day one. I hated the fact he lit it up for a year playing with good linemates and signed the deal Holland offered him. IMO, the day this team does not have a player named Mikael Sammuelson it willl be better off. The combination of this guy and Robert Lang have continually hurt this team in more ways than one, and they continue to inhibit the development of younger players who sit while these two boners glide around the ice.

DING DING DING!!! You win the Internet.

Imagine if we had Flip and Rex for 82 games instead of those two.

At least Sammy works along the boards and can create chanes, I've noticed that last night. The ONE guy I've been failing to notice and who hardly gets his name mentioned is Calder. Why did we get him again? he's been invisible so far this playoffs IMO!

The broken hand may have something to do with it. But he has been playing a little below par.

Awwww, your only 4 days old... :newbie:

Don't worry you will get the hang of actual intellegent posts... with correct information :)

Well when I see an actual intellegent post then I will follow it but in till then I will just keep posting like you.

Yea I mess up the math on the one post, ohh sorry Mr. Perfect.

Lets talk hockey, see how is intellegent.

Greatest Hockey player of all time - WAYNE GRETZKY or Gordie Howe? and why?

Well when I see an actual intellegent post then I will follow it but in till then I will just keep posting like you.

stop derailing the thread, its against forum policy, stay on topic about sammy

And back to the actual thread topic.....

He brings nothing that any other player can't bring if given his ice time... The way he plays is a dime a dozen... There are 10 more ready to take his place... So he brings nothing unique to the wings.

Edited by OsGOD

I go with Howe. I use the "5 on 5" argument with the same goalie. 5 Gordies vs. 5 Waynes. Team Gordie would annihilate Team Wayne physically and would also have greater speed. Although Team Wayne would hang for a period.

Final score: Gordies 6, Waynes 4.

This argument also applies to other true team sports (basketball and soccer). Like 5 Peles vs. 5 Beckhams, or 5 Jordans vs. 5 Shaqs. Really puts things in perspective.

I didn't think he played that bad last night. I wasn't yelling at him like I usually do every game. I ended up yelling at Bertuzzi for most of the night.

Oh yeah that reminds me. Tooz wanted me to let you know it hurt his feelings...

And back to the actual thread topic.....

He brings nothing that any other player can't bring if given his ice time... The way he plays is a dime a dozen... There are 10 more ready to take his place... So he brings nothing unique to the wings.

He brings a good size, good speed, good checking, good shooting, good hands winger to detroit who in the past has been a smaller non physical team. He creates room with his size, he creates scoring chances with his quick release and he gets alot of shots on net. (yes some are not great shots, but shots on net are important).

Sammy shoots the puck, he does this alot, which I wish would rub off on some of our other "Star" players.

What you fail to realize is that he is just coming off of his first major injury, that will play on your mind for sometime, you will do things to avoid getting hurt again, untill he gains his full confedence back, he will not play his best. That is the only fault you can point to with Sammy. He is great in the Defensive zone and a very smart hockey player.

Are there other guys that can do what he can do? Sure but why would you give up a stead defensive minded player that can put the puck in the net or create chances for others.

He is getting power play time because he has a huge shot that goalies have a hard time contanting the rebounds.

You can pick and pick but you can do that to anyone in the league. It still doesnt change the fact that he is a good player.