• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tipetz22

Hasek and Osgood

Rate this topic

Whew...I was worried this was going to be a goalie war thread ;)

I thought this was funny...

Then there’s the matter of his boyish good looks: He happily will tell anyone willing to listen about how the Dallas Stars ice girls voted him third-sexiest goaltender in the NHL, behind Rick DiPietro and Jose Theodore, and why that’s the ideal ranking.

“Third is good,†Osgood said. “You don’t want to rise too high, then you have to stay up there and that’s too much work.â€Â

great article, I couldn't be more pleased with the way things worked out this season. Ozzie is a huge part of the great friendship that's been forged between two elite players. Oz is an exceptional person and athlete.

Ozzie sets the record straight: "Everything I’ve heard before hasn’t been close to the truth. Both on and off the ice he’s been a great guy.â€Â

Maybe now that Ozzie's said it, naysayers will finally understand that Dom's not a terrible person? I've always known it. ;)

HAHA!

One of the many reasons why I love Chris so much. The guy is not only a great player, but an absolute class act, great team player, and hilarious. Oz is the man.

I love that him and Dom get along. :thumbup:

The third sexiest goaltender in the NHL think was freaking hilarious, but I also liked this part:

He readily admits that earlier this season, he was the chief suspect in the disappearance of orange traffic cones from the players’ lot at Joe Louis Arena.

“I took one for my girls to skate on the ice in my backyard and I was caught,†he said. “I have to return it or else I’ll be going to court downtown.â€Â

Bad Ozzie! :lol:

yeah i saw that in the paper today, and i love the hudler is a penguin part. that was mentioned in another article earlier this year too :)

IPB Image

edit: added picture

Edited by zata40

Just think of the goalie pairings we have had the last ten years Ozzie and Vernon, Ozzie, Maricle and Hudson,Ozzie and Legacy, Hasek and Legacy, Joesph, Hasek and Legacy, Legacy and Ozzie and of course Hasek and Ozzie and you know what all these goalies were solid in net and for the most part got along well maybe not all of them (CUJO &DOM) :P

Edited by DEVILSWATERBOY

Just saw this from the Detroit News. Little snippet on Ozzie helping out the Wings even when he's not playing. Great stuff. :thumbup:

Assistant Ozzie

With Dominik Hasek healthy and playing every game, Chris Osgood has become another set of watchful eyes for Babcock.

"Babs will aske me what Im seeing out there, especially after the end of the period, whether I'm seeing certain things that can help (the Wings)," Osgood said. "Guys will ask, too, after things like a power play or penalty kill., they'll ask what I see is going on.

"I just try to keep the guys loose and not overly tight where we can't play."

On the ice, Osgood is working as hard as ever in practice, knowing his number could be called at any time.

"You have to stay ready because you never know what could happen," Osgood said.

Great Article...

Puckloo, I admited my fault before Oz told me too... I will never be a huge Hasek fan but I respect him and am glad he is a Wing.

Ditto. I was really harsh on Dom before the season, and well.. I'll gladly eat my crow for everything I've said about the guy.

group hug!! :wub:

It makes me really happy that people I respect (that's you guys!) are able to enjoy Dom now and know what I always have known - he's a decent person and a friend/mentor to his team mates.

I love that Dom and Ozzie are really friends, and give Ozzie the credit for allowing that to happen. Win-win situation!

Oh that was hilarious....especially this part:

“Third is good,†Osgood said. “You don’t want to rise too high, then you have to stay up there and that’s too much work.â€Â

Behind DiPietro and Theodore...that IS hilarious! :P I love Oz, he's so damn funny.

Oh that was hilarious....especially this part:

Behind DiPietro and Theodore...that IS hilarious! :P I love Oz, he's so damn funny.

It's such a bonus that what he says is funny AND true though. You don't want to have to maintain your pedestal, after all. ;)

I want a Red Wings Weekly devoted to his interaction with the team. Now.

You don't want to have to maintain your pedestal, after all. ;)

Sigh. Tell me about it.

Kidding! I've always thought Ozzie was funny. And he's so chatty! Every game/practice I go to he's talking non-stop. He'd be fun to hang out with.

This article reassures why Ozzie has always been and will be one of my favorite Red Wings ever. If Dom doesn't come back next season, I would love to see the Wizard be the starting goalie. Not many teams can say their back-up goalie has won two stanley cups. Way to go Ozzie!