• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Kindl and his PIM totals?

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Anybody familiar with the kid? I've never seen him play so all I know is what I read in scouting reports. And on that note, I noticed an interesting stat for him this year. In the "O" this season he racked up 142 PIM's. That seems an awful lot for a kid who gets knocked as not being very physical. So my question is how'd he rack up all those pim's? He's actually posted over 100 PIM's a couple of times in his young career. He can't possibly have taken 71 minor penalties this year, could he? Is he like Schneider a little bit? I mean, does he have the willingness to join scrums and maybe lay some stick work on guy's if he feels he's been cheap shotted? I only wonder because his skill set seems to make him sound like an awesome up and coming player for our blueline but if he's got any kind of willingness to get his hands and face a bit dirty then i'm really going to be excited to see him play.

I saw him play twice live during the Whalers romp of his Kitchner rangers. He has a helluva hard shot from the point... but much like the rest of his team.. couldn't really muster anything positve in the playoffs.

In the OHL, you get massive amounts of penalties for just being on the ice. Seriously, the 10 games I have been to this year are were penalty ridden... We are talking about entire periods of 5-3 hockey for no other reason then a few hooking calls. Seriously it is VERY RARE that the teams play 5 on 5. Most of the penalties are crap calls to boot.

I think the Ohl's penalty amounts are not exactly accurate depictions of the players themselves.

Edited by OsGOD

Guest GordieSid&Ted

whos the kid?

I don't know if that's a sarcastic question but just in case, its Jakub Kindl. He was our #1 draft pick in 2005. He's from the Czech Republic, plays defense, is supposed to have wicked offensive skills, has really good size and can skate well and supposedly, is going to make the Wing's roster next season.

Anybody familiar with the kid? I've never seen him play so all I know is what I read in scouting reports. And on that note, I noticed an interesting stat for him this year. In the "O" this season he racked up 142 PIM's. That seems an awful lot for a kid who gets knocked as not being very physical. So my question is how'd he rack up all those pim's? He's actually posted over 100 PIM's a couple of times in his young career. He can't possibly have taken 71 minor penalties this year, could he? Is he like Schneider a little bit? I mean, does he have the willingness to join scrums and maybe lay some stick work on guy's if he feels he's been cheap shotted? I only wonder because his skill set seems to make him sound like an awesome up and coming player for our blueline but if he's got any kind of willingness to get his hands and face a bit dirty then i'm really going to be excited to see him play.

I'm the same as you, I've never seen Kindl playing but I've also read that he has stepped up the physical side of his game this season. Maybe he's just starting to settle into the North American way of playing the game and becoming more confident in himself.?

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I saw him play twice live during the Whalers romp of his Kitchner rangers. He has a helluva hard shot from the point... but much like the rest of his team.. couldn't really muster anything positve in the playoffs. In the OHL, you get massive amounts of penalties for just being on the ice. Seriously, the 10 games I have been to this year are were penalty ridden... We are talking about entire periods of 5-3 hockey for no other reason then a few hooking calls.

I think the Ohl's penalty amounts are not exactly accurate depictions of the players themselves.

Yeah, i figured some of that must have contributed as you'll see alot of players in the O or Q racking up PIM numbers when they aren't really "tough" players. I hope some of those PIM's were physical ones though! :D I'd hate to see another Wings defenseman with a penchant for lazy hooking penalties.

I don't know if that's a sarcastic question but just in case, its Jakub Kindl. He was our #1 draft pick in 2005. He's from the Czech Republic, plays defense, is supposed to have wicked offensive skills, has really good size and can skate well and supposedly, is going to make the Wing's roster next season.

is gonna make the roster next season? :huh::D

thats funny

Yeah, i figured some of that must have contributed as you'll see alot of players in the O or Q racking up PIM numbers when they aren't really "tough" players. I hope some of those PIM's were physical ones though! :D I'd hate to see another Wings defenseman with a penchant for lazy hooking penalties.

I mean they do fight a lot... considering they are all pretty much at puberty age and need to get out their agressions. But a lot of the officiating does skew the totals quite a bit.

Here is the thread about him http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...=37973&st=0

Edited by OsGOD

Guest GordieSid&Ted

is gonna make the roster next season? :huh::D

thats funny

I didn't know it was such a stretch? Can you tell me what you know about him since you seem to have something to add? Or are smartass comments all you can contribute?

Figure this:

Returning

Lidstrom

Kronwall

Lebda

Lilja

Unrestricted Free Agents

Schnieder

Markov

Chelios

Quincey

Meech

Kindl

Its likely one of these guys is going to be a regular if not 2 of them

great d, very confident/patient with the puck....he has a lot of pim because he almost always played 20-25 plus minutes a game....

a few of his penalties come after another player is hack/slashing/holding/hooking him...kind of retalliation penalties.... but a lot of his penalties were also good goal saving/ crap call penalties.....

here's a hit from a game i was at...i think he got 5 for the hit and a 10 min misconduct and a game or something....

and here's the next game against the same team where they send 2 goons after him

he truly is a gifted player and can't wait to see him on the wings in maybe a couple years if not for a few games next year....

Edited by kugz