28 replies to this topic

#1 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:55 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/ca...o...04&hubname=

I for one cannot believe there challenging Doans character again. THis is getting out of hand , Doan has said many times he said nothing to the french Canadian officials. Its stuff like this that makes me dislike Quebec , as it is mostly Politicians from Quebec challenging his character. How they can say this about the man Hockey Canada choose to Captain the team.

I for one am proud Stevie selected Doan to be captain , Doan is a great player.

For those of you that are not canadian ( Im sure there are alot who arent) , this is just to discuss how people can challenge Doans character.

#NOMOREKINDL

#2 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:56 PM

invade CANADA!!!!
IPB Image
IPB Image

#3 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE(Viperar @ May 1, 2007 - 06:56PM) View Post

invade CANADA!!!!

BRING IT ON! yowza.gif

#4 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:00 PM

Canadian Politicians have to much time on their hands. Doan shouldn't even respond.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#5 Zetter is Better

Zetter is Better

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:06 PM

invade CANADA!!!!

Bring it on, eh, we're ready..........................eh mad.gif (tongue.gif)

IPB Image
>>[DragonForce]<<

#6 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:08 PM

invade CANADA!!!!

It'll lower our taxes. hehe.gif
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#7 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:11 PM

I live in quebec ... and i freakin think its bulls*** that all canada has to be english and quebec french... IT SHALL ALL BE ENGLISH AND WE WOULD END WITH THIS PROBLEMES lol GO REST OF CANADAN EXCEPT QUEBEC

#8 StaticWithABeat

StaticWithABeat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:20 PM

If I were a Canadian politician I'd be desperate for something to make a big deal out of too...the country runs so smoothly there's nothing interesting to talk about. I hear their Parliament meetings mostly consist of games of hide & go seek and violent arguments over who would win in a fight between Mats Sundin and Daniel Alfredsson.

#9 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(StaticWithABeat @ May 1, 2007 - 07:50PM) View Post

If I were a Canadian politician I'd be desperate for something to make a big deal out of too...the country runs so smoothly there's nothing interesting to talk about. I hear their Parliament meetings mostly consist of games of hide & go seek and violent arguments over who would win in a fight between Mats Sundin and Daniel Alfredsson.

Sundin would destroy Alfreddson laugh.gif

#NOMOREKINDL

#10 BringHomeTheCup!

BringHomeTheCup!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:55 PM

This would be like George W. and Al Gore arguing that Roger Clemens should be the captian of the U.S. baseball team. Who really gives a flying f*uck? It's a sport, not politics. Seriously, would anyone care if one of the members of parliment said something not so nice to Doan? Should then that member of parliment be removed? Come on people, get over it!!

#11 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE(Detroit # 1 Fan @ May 2, 2007 - 12:24AM) View Post

Sundin would destroy Alfreddson laugh.gif

Probably. Too bad Alfy didn't keep his massive red hair or he would've absorbed any punches.

#12 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:59 PM

Wow. Talk about a non-issue. Maybe Canada has too many politicians. Nobody outside Ottawa gives a damn. Certainly nobody in Russia.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#13 kevotron

kevotron

The Wings need more Johnny, they gotta have more Johnny!

• Pip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:04 PM

from the Simpsons:

Lawyer: We have confiscated your car and all its contents
Translator: Nous avons confisqué votre voiture et tout son contenu
Lawyer: You may leave Canada but never return
Translator: Vous pouvez quitter le Canada mais ne jamais retourner
Lawyer: I am a big fat french idiot
Translator: Je suis un grand gros ... HEY!

"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words: it is war minus the shooting."
-- George Orwell

#14 DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

• PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE(BringHomeTheCup! @ May 1, 2007 - 06:55PM) View Post

This would be like George W. and Al Gore arguing that Roger Clemens should be the captian of the U.S. baseball team. Who really gives a flying f*uck? It's a sport, not politics. Seriously, would anyone care if one of the members of parliment said something not so nice to Doan? Should then that member of parliment be removed? Come on people, get over it!!

Well said thumbup.gif clap.gif

#15 Dr. Sapirstein

Dr. Sapirstein

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:40 PM

I think that small politicians like Denis Coderre should get over it.

Even Denis Gauthier said on RDS that Doan didn't said that and that he has francophone friends.

One thing for sure though, if Doan didn't said f... frenchman to the refs on the ice that night, he must have said it in private since then after all this brouhaha... LOL (and I'm a francophone myself btw).

#16 Hank

Hank

60% of the time it works everytime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:47 PM

Now I don't have to guess why we don't have enough doctors and our national health coverage is in jeopardy.
Thank you Canadian Parliament. It's nice to see my tax dollars are going to something worth while.

And I love how some of the French politicians are so upset about this. If they're so worried about equality then how come he doesn't fine or come down on many of the French towns and cities in Quebec that refuse to put up bilingual signs. Hypocrite.

Edited by Hank, 02 May 2007 - 02:49 PM.

#17 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE(Hank @ May 2, 2007 - 03:47PM) View Post

And I love how some of the French politicians are so upset about this. If they're so worried about equality then how come he doesn't fine or come down on many of the French towns and cities in Quebec that refuse to put up bilingual signs. Hypocrite.

Talk about more important things to discuss on government time, I know. This happens when the sport truly is a part of the culture--it's great that it is, but then you get the side-effects along with vomiting, uncontrolled bladder, and sometimes another one medically termed "s***ting on your citizens over stupid crap".

High fives to lazy hypocrites who aren't "gettin' a fair shake" any day though. tongue.gif

No, it's definitely excitement.

#18 larionov_8

larionov_8

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:22 PM

I just see this as ridiculous for numerous reasons:
1) its clearly an attempt by politicians to rag on the encumbant government / win "Quebec-nationalist" votes
2) who knows if Doan even said what he is accused of
3) there is no reason to politicize something over which the government clearly can't and should not control
4) this is as close to discussion as they seem to ever get in Parliament - typically they just communicate like school children (think South Park: "rabble-rabble-rabble")

#19 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(Dr. Sapirstein @ May 2, 2007 - 12:40PM) View Post

One thing for sure though, if Doan didn't said f... frenchman to the refs on the ice that night, he must have said it in private since then after all this brouhaha... LOL (and I'm a francophone myself btw).

Funny....and kinda sad. I'll bet before this crap Shane Doan never had an anti-francophone bone in his body. Bet he harbors some resentment now though.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#20 19 C

19 C

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:05 PM

This story is getting way too much press up here in Canada.

Edited by 19 C, 02 May 2007 - 04:06 PM.