• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Canadian Politicians upset with Shane Doan as Team Canadas Captain

Rate this topic

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_sto...04&hubname=

I for one cannot believe there challenging Doans character again. THis is getting out of hand , Doan has said many times he said nothing to the french Canadian officials. Its stuff like this that makes me dislike Quebec , as it is mostly Politicians from Quebec challenging his character. How they can say this about the man Hockey Canada choose to Captain the team.

I for one am proud Stevie selected Doan to be captain , Doan is a great player.

For those of you that are not canadian ( Im sure there are alot who arent) , this is just to discuss how people can challenge Doans character.

I live in quebec ... and i freakin think its bulls*** that all canada has to be english and quebec french... IT SHALL ALL BE ENGLISH AND WE WOULD END WITH THIS PROBLEMES lol GO REST OF CANADAN EXCEPT QUEBEC

If I were a Canadian politician I'd be desperate for something to make a big deal out of too...the country runs so smoothly there's nothing interesting to talk about. I hear their Parliament meetings mostly consist of games of hide & go seek and violent arguments over who would win in a fight between Mats Sundin and Daniel Alfredsson.

If I were a Canadian politician I'd be desperate for something to make a big deal out of too...the country runs so smoothly there's nothing interesting to talk about. I hear their Parliament meetings mostly consist of games of hide & go seek and violent arguments over who would win in a fight between Mats Sundin and Daniel Alfredsson.

Sundin would destroy Alfreddson :lol:

This would be like George W. and Al Gore arguing that Roger Clemens should be the captian of the U.S. baseball team. Who really gives a flying f*uck? It's a sport, not politics. Seriously, would anyone care if one of the members of parliment said something not so nice to Doan? Should then that member of parliment be removed? Come on people, get over it!!

from the Simpsons:

Lawyer: We have confiscated your car and all its contents

Translator: Nous avons confisqué votre voiture et tout son contenu

Lawyer: You may leave Canada but never return

Translator: Vous pouvez quitter le Canada mais ne jamais retourner

Lawyer: I am a big fat french idiot

Translator: Je suis un grand gros ... HEY!

This would be like George W. and Al Gore arguing that Roger Clemens should be the captian of the U.S. baseball team. Who really gives a flying f*uck? It's a sport, not politics. Seriously, would anyone care if one of the members of parliment said something not so nice to Doan? Should then that member of parliment be removed? Come on people, get over it!!

Well said :thumbup::clap:

I think that small politicians like Denis Coderre should get over it.

Even Denis Gauthier said on RDS that Doan didn't said that and that he has francophone friends.

One thing for sure though, if Doan didn't said f... frenchman to the refs on the ice that night, he must have said it in private since then after all this brouhaha... LOL (and I'm a francophone myself btw).

Now I don't have to guess why we don't have enough doctors and our national health coverage is in jeopardy.

Thank you Canadian Parliament. It's nice to see my tax dollars are going to something worth while.

And I love how some of the French politicians are so upset about this. If they're so worried about equality then how come he doesn't fine or come down on many of the French towns and cities in Quebec that refuse to put up bilingual signs. Hypocrite.

Edited by Hank

And I love how some of the French politicians are so upset about this. If they're so worried about equality then how come he doesn't fine or come down on many of the French towns and cities in Quebec that refuse to put up bilingual signs. Hypocrite.

Talk about more important things to discuss on government time, I know. This happens when the sport truly is a part of the culture--it's great that it is, but then you get the side-effects along with vomiting, uncontrolled bladder, and sometimes another one medically termed "s***ting on your citizens over stupid crap".

High fives to lazy hypocrites who aren't "gettin' a fair shake" any day though. :P

I just see this as ridiculous for numerous reasons:

1) its clearly an attempt by politicians to rag on the encumbant government / win "Quebec-nationalist" votes

2) who knows if Doan even said what he is accused of

3) there is no reason to politicize something over which the government clearly can't and should not control

4) this is as close to discussion as they seem to ever get in Parliament - typically they just communicate like school children (think South Park: "rabble-rabble-rabble")

One thing for sure though, if Doan didn't said f... frenchman to the refs on the ice that night, he must have said it in private since then after all this brouhaha... LOL (and I'm a francophone myself btw).

Funny....and kinda sad. I'll bet before this crap Shane Doan never had an anti-francophone bone in his body. Bet he harbors some resentment now though.

Well the topic should specify FRENCH Canadian politicians...yada yada. The rest of 'em kind of roll their eyes, sigh and say "ok ok we'll ask Hockey Canada about it and and that will be it..." What a joke.

What are we suppose to do with the rest of the day if we do that???

If you decide to invade could i please cross the border first.. I don't want to be part of the 2 hour carnage lol...

IT SHALL ALL BE ENGLISH AND WE WOULD END WITH THIS PROBLEMES lol GO REST OF CANADAN EXCEPT QUEBEC

:thumbup::clap:

Look who was the main person affected by it, Gilles Duceppe. That sepratist homo

Edited by Zetter is Better