• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladyfan

Rangers Nailbiter... again!

Rate this topic

Wow! Have you guys been watching? Holy Moses... What a game. I wish the Wings had that driven intensity... never mind that the Rangers are not as good of a team over all...

Shanahan... he is the man.. Game Winner! Series tied!

Now THAT was an amazing game. The Rangers look like the Cinderella story of the EC now. They cannot be counted out, and might very well upset the mighty Sabres. Tell me a few Buffalo fans didn't run to the store for some quick relief from a bottle of Kaopectate!

it looked like it was probably a goal, but it wasnt conclusive, tornto taketh and giveth :lol:

It was the perfect replay goal. As soon as you lose sight of the puck is the exact instant you would expect to have seen it all the way across the line!

Crazy!

Cheers!

esteef

The disallowed goal was probably across the line but Lundqvist "save" was not only almost perfect in that it almost kept the puck out of the net but more importantly it blocked any view of the puck actually being across the line. If that makes sense. I'm tired. It's late over here. 4.10 AM.

This is how they have played most of the year. You can see why I have enjoyed watching them so much. They just try to bring it, no matter win or lose. Heaven help me if the Wings and the Rangers play each other. I have really come to love the Rangers...

and grudgingly respect Jagr, but I still think he is an ass.

Buffalo got robbed on that goal. It was an awesome display of athleticism by Lundqvist, sure, but there's no doubt that it crossed the line. Buffalo gets hosed again! They gotta be running out of room for bumper stickers by now. (Wide right, no goal, and now goal.)

Guest Tunbo Batman

doesnt look like a goal with this angle....and they ruled it a no goal, right? so why not let it go?

doesnt look like a goal with this angle....and they ruled it a no goal, right? so why not let it go?

It isn't being let go because the puck certainly DID cross the line. They just don't have any video showing that because Lundqvist got his pad over the puck just in time. Talk about a hairline save.

If the refs had called it a goal, it would have counted. The "inconclusive" video favors whatever was called on the ice by the refs.

If they can put a chip in the puck to make it glow on TV, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to put a chip in the puck and a sensor in the ice that can make an accurate reading of if the puck completely crossed the goalline.

It wouldn't help for "Did it go in before the whistle blew?" situations, but it would end all questions about plays at the net....

-Tim

It's great that the Rangers have been playing some fantastic hockey and have come back to tie the series, but fair is fair and that was most definitely a goal. The review on the TV clearly showed the puck cross the line, and then seconds later Henrik covering it up with his pads. It was over the line, therefore it equals a goal. That could be the turning point of the series which I think is crap.

It's great that the Rangers have been playing some fantastic hockey and have come back to tie the series, but fair is fair and that was most definitely a goal. The review on the TV clearly showed the puck cross the line, and then seconds later Henrik covering it up with his pads. It was over the line, therefore it equals a goal. That could be the turning point of the series which I think is crap.

:clap: I agree completely

I think that the only reason they didn't call it a goal was because they knew they could play the inconclusive card and get away with it, where as if they called it a goal, people would be saying that it was inconclusive. they just went with the less controversy play IMO.

Edited by Elshupacabra

The puck wasn't completley over the line at the moment it dissapeared under Lundqvist's pad. A small portion of it is still skimming the red line. Because the video loses sight of the puck before it has completley crossed the line, the right call to make was inconclusive. The puck crossed the line, but unfortunetly with the piss poor technology used by the NHL to keep track of the puck(low speed camera's at bad angles) the right call was made.

Maybe incidents like this will wake the league up and force them to look into some better technology to keep track of the puck.. at least for the playoffs.

Let me ask everyone this (those saying it was the right call), if the Wings were down 2-1 and Zetterberg is in the position of Briere and the same thing happens, does your opinion change?

Unfortunately, I wasn't home last night to watch the game and haven't seen any of the video, but by the way it has been described, how could it not conclusively be a goal? I have heard that it looks to be going over the line, but you don't see it going over the line because you lose sight of it. Is the only possible place it could have been out of sight being over the line?

I heard Pierre McGuire talking about it on the radio this morning and he suggested it looked like a goal at first and then after looking at video it was inconclusive, but then looking at it again later with blown up video, it looked like a goal. Maybe because of the cloudiness, it isn't conclusive, therefore no goal is the right call.

I'd like to see some replays though.

Hey, it goes both ways. The Rangers had a goal taken away from them in Game 3 that ultimately sent that game into two overtimes. That was a bad call too (distinct kicking motion, my ass). True, the Rangers managed to win that game, but at the cost of exhaustion through 2OT.

Of course it looks like no goal from this angle... Everything is forshortened... You also can't tell that his toe is 100% behind the line.. But it is!

That was a goal... Total crap call.