• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Defenseman13

Sharks ready for Holmstrom?

Rate this topic

... but I'm still nervous. Maybe because it's worded so... rhetorically.

Article

Sharks Prepare For Different Look

May 2, 2007

When Tomas Holmstom enters the San Jose-Detroit series for the first time tonight, it will definitely change the Red Wings plan of attack.

Holmstrom is notorious for sitting directly in front of the netminder, and while it may ultimately be the goaltender’s problem, Nabokov is simply the last line of defense and the blueliners and forwards can help deter any potential problems as well.

“He gets there as early as possible,†said Hannan of Holmstrom’s offensive position. “You can get in front of him or lift his stick.â€Â

Being in front of Holmstrom to stop a shot, prevents the goalie from being screened. Working his stick keeps the Red Wings forward from grabbing any rebounds or tipping for a redirect.

“You can’t allow any second chances,†said Hannan. “He’s good at tipping the puck. He knows where to screen and how to tip.â€Â

It is not a few years ago where Holmstrom could be battered and beaten away from Nabokov.

“In the old NHL, you would try and move him physically and be nasty with cross checks to move him out,†said Craig Rivet. “In the new NHL, you can’t touch him in front of the net.â€Â

Plus, the confrontation in front could do more harm than good.

“If you’re battling, you’re creating more interference for the goaltender,†said Rivet.

The Sharks have dealt with a similar threat so far this series with good success.

“Todd Bertuzzi is 6-3, 245 and he’s like Holmstrom,†said Rivet. “He likes to plant in front of the net.â€Â

San Jose’s shot blocking ability will be even more necessary tonight so that Holmstrom never has a chance to screen Nabokov.

“As a team, we’ve done a great job of blocking shots,†said Rivet. “The forwards and the defense.â€Â

ok, laught at this if you want... I did. It's the last part of the article....

"LOVING 25

Mike Grier could have been the Sharks MVP from the Nashville series and has played a big role against Detroit, but it is not news to Wilson that Grier is a great hockey player.

“I’ve watched him since college and dreamt about having him for 15 years,†said Wilson. "

Goosd luck everyone! Game on at 10EST! Beers at the ready...

Wilson dreams about Guys all the time. Whats new about that :P

Homer will definately change our plan if attack. Schnids and Nick are gonna let some Bombs go , there gonna get tipper in the net.

Im pumped up for this one. Lets get er done tonight

Homer will definately change our plan if attack. Schnids and Nick are gonna let some Bombs go , there gonna get tipper in the net.

Im pumped up for this one. Lets get er done tonight

:lol:

Guest Crymson

What do you think they're going to say? "No, we're not ready?" "We really lack confidence as to whether or not we can control Holmstrom in front of the net." "We think that Homer will make the difference for the Wings in this game."

LOL

Gee, I'd forgotten that homosexuality was so utterly bad. I think I'll join you in ridiculing people for living by their respective sexual identities (sarcasm).

Honestly, how childish.

Edited by Crymson

What do you think they're going to say? "No, we're not ready?" "We really lack confidence as to whether or not we can control Holmstrom in front of the net." "We think that Homer will make the difference for the Wings in this game."

LOL

Gee, I'd forgotten that homosexuality was so utterly bad. I think I'll join you in ridiculing people's life choices! (sarcasm).

Honestly, how childish.

speaking of rhetorical....

and hey, childish or not... there IS humor in a paragraph starting with "LOVING 25" and ending with "I’ve watched him since college and dreamt about having him for 15 years,â€Â

that there's funny, I don't care who ya are....

Guest Crymson

speaking of rhetorical....

and hey, childish or not... there IS humor in a paragraph starting with "LOVING 25" and ending with "I’ve watched him since college and dreamt about having him for 15 years,â€Â

that there's funny, I don't care who ya are....

I fail to see how homosexuality is "funny." It is only funny if it is a subject of ridicule for you. Would you find it funny if it were a woman saying this?

You should probably be aware that, in saying such things, you are insulting any members of this forum who may be homosexual; while you're at it, why don't you go make some "humorous" racist comments about blacks or Indians? You'd be doing the same thing: insulting an entire body of people. Not cool, and you know it.

Think about the effects of what you say before you say it.

Edited by Crymson

I fail to see how homosexuality is "funny." It is only funny if it is a subject of ridicule for you. Would you find it funny if it were a woman saying this?

You should probably be aware that, in saying such things, you are insulting any members of this forum who may be homosexual; while you're at it, why don't you go make some "humorous" racist comments about blacks or Indians? You'd be doing the same thing: insulting an entire body of people. Not cool, and you know it.

B-Rabbit sez "Ok folks. Enough with the *** jokes. Especially from a *** broke ***** yourself, hey loc?"

haha

All i'm saying is this: Homer's a great player. Now have you ever watched a team waiting for one of their top guys to return with the hope that he'll do it all and carry them? The rest of our boys better be game tonight as well - not looking around thinking Homer's back, everything will fall into place. I'd really like to see some Detroit Red Wings hockey tonight; these half-ass efforts are gonna kill us.

“Todd Bertuzzi is 6-3, 245 and he’s like Holmstrom,” said Rivet. “He likes to plant in front of the net.”

Bertuzzi may be a big guy, but he's nothing like Holmstrom in front of the net.

Homer spends so much time in front of the opposing team's goalie, he keeps his own water bottle on top of the net.

Here's hoping that Nabokov's only break from staring at Holmstrom's backside is when they're pulling the puck out of his net.

Here's hoping that Nabokov's only break from staring at Holmstrom's backside is when they're pulling the puck out of his net.

:clap: I just pictured that right now. :D I'd love nothing more than alot of that tonight. I give a rats ass about all this trashing of our team in the media etc. But boy oh boy if the REAL Red Wings show up tonight ...

Not only is Homer going to bring a huge presence to the front of the net, hes going to give our team some long needed momentum

Amen brother!!

I thought it was funny...stop being so sensative... if your *** thats your choice but dont expect everyone to bend over backwards to make you feel comfortable about it... it was funny...get over it. Now can we please talk about hockey and not people's life choices??

I thought it was funny...stop being so sensative... if your *** thats your choice but dont expect everyone to bend over backwards to make you feel comfortable about it... it was funny...get over it. Now can we please talk about hockey and not people's life choices??

Amen. Everyone today is so candy-assed and sensitive...wait, let's ask Ron Wilson if #25 has a "candy ass".

Geez, get over it. Let's all hold hands, sing "Kumbaya" and hope the Wings grab one at the Tank tonight (well I don't mean literally "GRAB ONE"...oh never mind).

Damn it, GO WINGS!!!!

Saying you can stop someone and actually doing it are two different things!! I can tell everyone in the world that I can stop Kobe Bryant 1 0n 1 but there is no bloody way I could actually do it..oh and plus im fat and slow and drink too much..thats probably the real reason :hehe:

Amen. Everyone today is so candy-assed and sensitive...wait, let's ask Ron Wilson if #25 has a "candy ass".

Geez, get over it. Let's all hold hands, sing "Kumbaya" and hope the Wings grab one at the Tank tonight (well I don't mean literally "GRAB ONE"...oh never mind).

Damn it, GO WINGS!!!!

LOL ...word, I completely forgot about my pic and title tho... i prolly look like a *** bashing skinhead or somethin...

wait..is the term skinhead offensive to anyone here? i apologize, and i accept you for who you are.

Geez dude you are wound up like a top...drink a beer...get laid...get ready for the game sit on the couch and just relax..it will come together as it should. Or if you don't enjoy any of those things do whatever floats your canoe and chill out!!

Bertuzzi may be a big guy, but he's nothing like Holmstrom in front of the net.

Homer spends so much time in front of the opposing team's goalie, he keeps his own water bottle on top of the net.

:clap:

... but I'm still nervous. Maybe because it's worded so... rhetorically.

Article

Sharks Prepare For Different Look

May 2, 2007

When Tomas Holmstom enters the San Jose-Detroit series for the first time tonight, it will definitely change the Red Wings plan of attack.

Holmstrom is notorious for sitting directly in front of the netminder, and while it may ultimately be the goaltender’s problem, Nabokov is simply the last line of defense and the blueliners and forwards can help deter any potential problems as well.

“He gets there as early as possible,†said Hannan of Holmstrom’s offensive position. “You can get in front of him or lift his stick.â€Â

Being in front of Holmstrom to stop a shot, prevents the goalie from being screened. Working his stick keeps the Red Wings forward from grabbing any rebounds or tipping for a redirect.

“You can’t allow any second chances,†said Hannan. “He’s good at tipping the puck. He knows where to screen and how to tip.â€Â

It is not a few years ago where Holmstrom could be battered and beaten away from Nabokov.

“In the old NHL, you would try and move him physically and be nasty with cross checks to move him out,†said Craig Rivet. “In the new NHL, you can’t touch him in front of the net.â€Â

Plus, the confrontation in front could do more harm than good.

“If you’re battling, you’re creating more interference for the goaltender,†said Rivet.

The Sharks have dealt with a similar threat so far this series with good success.

“Todd Bertuzzi is 6-3, 245 and he’s like Holmstrom,†said Rivet. “He likes to plant in front of the net.â€Â

San Jose’s shot blocking ability will be even more necessary tonight so that Holmstrom never has a chance to screen Nabokov.

“As a team, we’ve done a great job of blocking shots,†said Rivet. “The forwards and the defense.â€Â

ok, laught at this if you want... I did. It's the last part of the article....

"LOVING 25

Mike Grier could have been the Sharks MVP from the Nashville series and has played a big role against Detroit, but it is not news to Wilson that Grier is a great hockey player.

“I’ve watched him since college and dreamt about having him for 15 years,†said Wilson. "

Goosd luck everyone! Game on at 10EST! Beers at the ready...

Well it is nice that they think it will be just that easy to defend agains Homer! and Bertuzzi does not get infront of the net and stay there like homer does. Lets see how they do with homers Rear in Nabby/s face all game long. LETS GO RED WINGS!!!

Guest Crymson

I'll correct myself: being homosexual is not a life choice. Those who are homosexual do not wake up one day and say "well, I'm sick of women--why don't I confine myself exclusively to men from now on?" NOBODY in this country would do that, what with all the hideous, hateful flak that homosexuals face everywhere.

I'm not ***, but hey! Let's do something your way! As follows:

"You're a Jew, but don't expect me to bend over backwards to make you feel comfortable about it."

Get it? It's utterly discriminatory, insulting and intolerant.

I'm not wound up tightly; I simply wish to make you realize what you're putting out there when you make such comments. I certainly do have *** friends; by your way of thinking and doing on this subject, it's clear that you do not.

Edited by Crymson

Damn it, GO WINGS!!!!

"Dems fightin werds" to some. :lol: Off-topic and in the gutter, this thread is ...

I was thinking about the game on my way home tonight, and i realized. With the damage to Homer's eye etc... is he going to be able to redirect pucks as strongly as he usually does? :unsure:

I was thinking about the game on my way home tonight, and i realized. With the damage to Homer's eye etc... is he going to be able to redirect pucks as strongly as he usually does? :unsure:

Apparently the eye had blood in it and they didn't want him in any game until that was completely gone. I assume there's some soreness, but he should be back to his old self otherwise. :)

According to an article in this morning's San Jose Mercury News, "The eye remains sensitive to light, but not enough to keep him out of the lineup tonight. "

Make of that what you will.

Full Article: Smith to get his chance for Sharks in Game 4