• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SweWings

About that Don Cherry

Rate this topic

I guess I have a soft spot for ol' Grapes. I find his antics hilarious at best, disgusting at worst, but I've been watching him for all my life. My dad (who I would rate as one of the Bottom 10 Enlightened Men of All-Time, so you can see why there'd be an appeal) and I used to look forward to every Saturday to see HNIC, more specifically for first intermission. We used to have this iron man thing going where we would see how long we could go without missing a Coach's Corner together (up to and including calling on the phone and listening together from friends' houses or whatever).

So, ya know, he gets a little love from this corner for at least that.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

well, being European isn't a "race" persay... but yeah, he did blast the Russians. But he called them wimpy, which is just him beating his chest about loving physical hockey as opposed to the grace and stickhandling that European players brought to the game.

It's not "racist"... just a proud ol' Canuck.

Cherry blasting RUssia.....

a little over the top, yes.

Here you go Don Cherry, watch this a couple of times, hope you enjoy it:

Don hates European players for some reason and is the ultimate Canadian homer. I also think that his examples of what to do and not do for the kids is cool, but the guy needs to lay off and stop being so one sided.

Love that Video Kozac, I'm sure its one of Don's favorites too :P

here are a few examples of why Don is a idiot.

and remember kids don't get caught up in the Canadian Syndrome. What a "Clown" he is

oh and I forgot one more video, Since Don loves Kasparaitis so much I figured he might like this video,

Edited by WingNutt