• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cicada

Time for Kopecky?

Rate this topic

Calders obviously hurt really badly, and Babs doesn't seem to want to put Rex against these huge bodies...

i think it would be a really god move to bring Kopecky onto the 4th line for a bit of banging, bit more physicality?...

3 mins in a game for Calder, and it went to OT???

he's just not doing enough.

Calders obviously hurt really badly, and Babs doesn't seem to want to put Rex against these huge bodies...

i think it would be a really god move to bring Kopecky onto the 4th line for a bit of banging, bit more physicality?...

No, I think if anyone gets in, it's Rex. I don't think it really has aything to do with his size, as he played in place of Homer.

no, I don't think that that its time for Kopecky has he even been playing anywhere at all? if not he would be beyond rusty and I would rather have a hurt Calder then a rusty Kopay

Hudler is a great young player no doubt but he just isn't big enough for the Sharks with the way he plays, the more he plays hopefully he will get a little smarter to use his size as an advantage against big guys more so then a disadvantage.

Just before I came here I was looking at TOI and :crazy: only 3 mins? He has to be hurt very bad. But I don't see them putting in Kopecky if they arent going to be putting in Rex for Calder. Unless his injury gets way worse to the point he can't play, but I dont think they would put in Kopecky. At least at first.

I really hope that no one thinks that Kyle's limited ice time has anything to do with him so called being 'invisble' out there. The guy is playing injured and it really shows. He needs a rest. As much as I love himI say we bring in Rex and let KC get some rest with his hand. :(

There was one play in close along the boards and you could just tell he was basically trying to fish the puck out with one hand..if he's hurt that bad at least get a healthy body in there!!

it's a real shame for calder - he played great when he first joined and i thought he would be a key player for us in the playoffs but he is clearly struggling with his hand.

might as well give rex a chance and hopefully if we advance calder might still be able to play a part.

I thought the broken hand was just a lie? Or have I missed something?

Hudler can go in, but not Kopecky. It's hilarous how everyone thinks Kopecky will come in and be Gretzky or something, and in reality he hasn't skated in an actual game in over 5 months. Bad choice.

Guest Agalloch

Kopecky's awesome, but I can already see him making some brutal turnovers because of him not playing for months.

Guest Crymson

wow only 3 minutes for calder, geez. Yeah bring Kopecky in now Babs.

Kopecky can neither score nor set up. He would only be fit to fill Maltby's role, and he doesn't have Maltby's level of experience.

Is Kopecky even healthy? I know on TV last night he was listed as injured, instead of a healthy scratch.

He is out there shooting pucks during warmups.... At least he was for Game 1 round 2.... I actually thought he might play in game 1 but alas he did not.

He seems ready to play.

While I wouldn't mind Huddle out there... he did get tossed around pretty violently (some legal and some illegaly) The big boys on the sharks use him as their rag doll toy.

no, I don't think that that its time for Kopecky has he even been playing anywhere at all? if not he would be beyond rusty and I would rather have a hurt Calder then a rusty Kopay

Hudler is a great young player no doubt but he just isn't big enough for the Sharks with the way he plays, the more he plays hopefully he will get a little smarter to use his size as an advantage against big guys more so then a disadvantage.

I couldnt agree more but why not put Huds in? Oh since we are talking injuries anyword on Leda, Kron

Kopecky can neither score nor set up. He would only be fit to fill Maltby's role, and he doesn't have Maltby's level of experience.

Thank you. Finally a Wings fan knows the truth about Kopecky.

I don't know where you guys get this thing of "he's so great" and all. Whatever he did in the minors means nothing in the NHL. Heck, Darryl Bootland scored 27 goals last year with GR and I don't see anyone twiddling their thumbs about him not being in the lineup.

FYI, Kopecky is not that physical either. An occasional check or two doesn't make him an OMG BIG HITTAR!!!!!!!!!!!111. If anything, there are better free agent options that can play the fourth line better them him. Sorry guys, but I'm not really a big Kopecky fan. 1 goal in 26 games didn't impress me a whole lot, and he was getting less ice time then Hudler. Pass.

Hmmm, a player that hasn't played in a long time and is probably still shaking off the cobwebs might be a bad idea? Don't tell that to the Bertwagon gang. ;)

Hudler can go in, but not Kopecky. It's hilarous how everyone thinks Kopecky will come in and be Gretzky or something, and in reality he hasn't skated in an actual game in over 5 months. Bad choice.

Hmmm, a player that hasn't played in a long time and is probably still shaking off the cobwebs might be a bad idea? Don't tell that to the Bertwagon gang. ;)

Bertuzzi is a much better player then Kopecky. Huge difference.

Kopecky's awesome, but I can already see him making some brutal turnovers because of him not playing for months.

Not to mention bad penalties and giveaways!

WORST IDEA EVER... NET TIME YOU THINK, DON'T!@!!

Guest Crymson

His level of play the past two weeks would suggest otherwise...

When have we ever seen Kopecky play well in the first place?

When have we ever seen Kopecky play well in the first place?

Kopecky is a rookie making close to the league minimum who got limited minutes and played as well as your average third line in those minutes.

[/font]

Bertuzzi makes 5m a year and is playing like a 3rd liner.

Yes, Bertuzzi's top end is higher than Kopecky's is right now. That doesn't change the fact that Kopecky displayed on many nights this year the ability to play better than Bertuzzi has been in the postseason.

Guest Crymson

Kopecky is a rookie making close to the league minimum who got limited minutes and played as well as your average third line in those minutes.

[/font]

Bertuzzi makes 5m a year and is playing like a 3rd liner.

Yes, Bertuzzi's top end is higher than Kopecky's is right now. That doesn't change the fact that Kopecky displayed on many nights this year the ability to play better than Bertuzzi has been in the postseason.

Kopecky has also not played a game of professional hockey in nearly five months. Would it be worth risking a hideous performance?

Honestly, what I saw of Kopecky earlier this season mirrored what I've seen of Bert in this series; it was a different set of actions, but was play of the same quality nevertheless. If you want to scratch Bert for anyone, put in Ellis.