• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BringHomeTheCup!

Homer?

Rate this topic

I don't understand this... broken blades are fairly common. You mean to say that the equipment manager doesn't bring two pairs of skates for each player on the road? With Versus explaination of how he quickly zipped off the ice, I would have assumed it was equipment... but Ken Kal's IV explaination would make more sense since he didn't come back. And here's the kicker for me... Paul Boyer was on the bench at the end of the game, he hugs Quincy and Samuelsson right after Schneider scores. Wasn't he supposed to be repairing a skate?

Yeah, not sure I'm buying the "broken skate blade" story. It's the playoffs, and it's common to hide injuries with whatever story a team can come up with. I believe he left sometime in the middle of the 3rd period, and he didn't return in OT. With the intermission, that's a good 30-45 minutes......it doesn't take that long to repair a broken skate blade.

Yeah, not sure I'm buying the "broken skate blade" story. It's the playoffs, and it's common to hide injuries with whatever story a team can come up with. I believe he left sometime in the middle of the 3rd period, and he didn't return in OT. With the intermission, that's a good 30-45 minutes......it doesn't take that long to repair a broken skate blade.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20062007/SC030234.HTM

check out homers shifts.. he had 3 shifts in OT

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20062007/SC030234.HTM

check out homers shifts.. he had 3 shifts in OT

The first chunk of missing time between his first and second shift can be partly attributed to the PK the Wings were killing off. The second big chunk of time missed was due to his skate blade being repaired.

I question the validity of that shift chart. Look at Dom's TOI for OT, and the fact that it doesn't even have Homer (or any Red Wing for that matter) on the ice for the GWG. ???

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I don't understand this... broken blades are fairly common. You mean to say that the equipment manager doesn't bring two pairs of skates for each player on the road? With Versus explaination of how he quickly zipped off the ice, I would have assumed it was equipment... but Ken Kal's IV explaination would make more sense since he didn't come back. And here's the kicker for me... Paul Boyer was on the bench at the end of the game, he hugs Quincy and Samuelsson right after Schneider scores. Wasn't he supposed to be repairing a skate?

Look at the replay of the winning goal, according to TSN, Homer was in front. I don't remember it happening this way, and I'm at work right now, so I can't watch any vids. But I've seen a few pics that show Homer celebrating after, what I assume is the winning goal.

Homer is OK -->

Holmstrom caught the goal as he was heading back from the Wings' locker room because of a bad skate.

"The steel broke," Holmstrom said today after the Wings returned to Detroit from San Jose. "I wasn't out there."

While the official story is that Holmstrom had a broken skate blade (he did), Red Wings play by play announcer Ken Kal stated that Holmstrom had "cramped up" and needed an IV. WXYT has not uploaded that interview to their website, so take it as you will.