• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

high_stick69

The Dominator!

Rate this topic

What do you guys think of Dom's performance so far? I dunno about you, but I think he's saved our asses a time or 12. Even though he is predictably playing the puck to the corner every time, he has been stellar in the cage and has stopped a lot of point blank Shark chances. I feel like he's been one of our best, if not our best player. No one seems to be mentioning that he's playing well. I just wanted to say "Keep up the awesome job Dom!" :clap::clap::thumbup:

What do you guys think of Dom's performance so far? I dunno about you, but I think he's saved our asses a time or 12. Even though he is predictably playing the puck to the corner every time, he has been stellar in the cage and has stopped a lot of point blank Shark chances. I feel like he's been one of our best, if not our best player. No one seems to be mentioning that he's playing well. I just wanted to say "Keep up the awesome job Dom!" :clap::clap::thumbup:

Detroit looked like the team with more jump and energy in the 3rd and 4th periods. I think after that loss and how Ron Wilson called out some players on his team that the San Jose Sharks will come out flying on Saturday, Detroit will have to weather the storm in the first period and Hasek will need to play exactly like he has played. I would tell Dom not to change anything.

Hasek is giving the Red Wings a chance to win each and every game in these playoffs. What more can you ask of your Goalie?

He had no chance on both of the goals. He has been solid. With the exception of the giveaway to Thornton he has made no HUGE mistakes.

You know, I had a dream about Hasek last night. He came into the main lobby my school (THE Oakland University...) and everybody freaked out and dogpiled him. After that he started to tell the tale of the OT win like some kind of charismatic raconteur (go ahead and Google that, suckers!) with a decidedly un-Czech accent, and after that he went over the Wings' gameplan for the victory. This is where things got weird.

Number one, I don't even remember. Number two, he said they got Hudler loose and he's so dangerous and all that... even though he was scratched in the real lifes. And then number three really through me for a loop... We had to stop their Big, Strong, Captain: Keith Primeau.

Buh?

That's pretty much when I woke up.

He played very well last night, I found this picture and thought you Dom fans might like it.

It would also be a good picture to do something with in Photoshop. enjoy

IPB Image

you wouldnt happen to know of a large version of that picture would ya? great great picture. its just so small hard to do anything with it without ruining the quality.

:hehe: At times Dom has stood on his head and has made the Sharks shake their head in disbelief. But I have to say without him we would be DOA in this series. Joe Thorton's line has been absolutely controlling the play when they have been out there. If it wasn't for Dom making some great stops, Lang's goal wouldn't have mattered. There isn't to many goalies in this league could of done what he has in this year's playoff. I also want to commend the play of the 3 young guys Hudler, Franzen, and Flip. These 3 have proven themselves and it is great to see. They all have a chance to be stars in this league. :clap::clap:

With his BEACHED whale/Dead snow angel like style and unorthodox play. There's no one else Id rather have in net in this 2007 stanley cup playoffs. The guy has limited the sharks to 2 goals a game. He makes it happen for us time and time again.

GO WINGS!!

Edited by RedwingFan29

:hehe: At times Dom has stood on his head and has made the Sharks shake their head in disbelief. But I have to say without him we would be DOA in this series. Joe Thorton's line has been absolutely controlling the play when they have been out there. If it wasn't for Dom making some great stops, Lang's goal wouldn't have mattered. There isn't to many goalies in this league could of done what he has in this year's playoff. I also want to commend the play of the 3 young guys Hudler, Franzen, and Flip. These 3 have proven themselves and it is great to see. They all have a chance to be stars in this league. :clap::clap:

I don't know...

I do agree that he has definitely made the Sharks shake their heads with his great stops - no argument there. I haven't had the opportunity to watch many Wings games this year and I was really looking forward to watching Dom in goal. I have to say though that overall, I'm a little underwhelmed. I'm not trying to start a flame war, just expressing my observations. He does spend a lot of time on his back, he's had too many close calls when clearing the puck and when trying to put it back into play after making a stop.

I know it's not a direct comparison as Dom is truly great in goal, but he kind of reminds me of when the Sharks had Irbe in goal years ago. The crowd would cringe when he handled the puck or ventured far from the goal. He often made spectacular saves, but would then leave you wondering if he had to make such a spectacular save if he was morein control.

Last night's game was heartbreaking - the Wings took advantage of the Sharks mistakes. It was a fun game to watch!

Best of three now!

BTW - It sure is refreshing to be playing a team that doesn't resort to cheap shots and dirty play.

-TallGuy-

Sharks fan forever!

(at least until we get a team here in Portland!)

You know, I had a dream about Hasek last night. He came into the main lobby my school (THE Oakland University...) and everybody freaked out and dogpiled him. After that he started to tell the tale of the OT win like some kind of charismatic raconteur (go ahead and Google that, suckers!) with a decidedly un-Czech accent, and after that he went over the Wings' gameplan for the victory. This is where things got weird.

Number one, I don't even remember. Number two, he said they got Hudler loose and he's so dangerous and all that... even though he was scratched in the real lifes. And then number three really through me for a loop... We had to stop their Big, Strong, Captain: Keith Primeau.

Buh?

That's pretty much when I woke up.

Good use of raconteur...especially since I definitely consider you one.

But yeah Dom has been solid for us. And he will continue to do so. It's up to our big guns (Pav, Hank) to step it up on Saturday.

Hasek has been excellent. He has let in a couple questionable goals but when he has to be huge he has been. It's amazing to see what a goalie with some confidence can do for the rest of the team.

...and for $750,000? What a deal.

I don't know...

I do agree that he has definitely made the Sharks shake their heads with his great stops - no argument there. I haven't had the opportunity to watch many Wings games this year and I was really looking forward to watching Dom in goal. I have to say though that overall, I'm a little underwhelmed. I'm not trying to start a flame war, just expressing my observations. He does spend a lot of time on his back, he's had too many close calls when clearing the puck and when trying to put it back into play after making a stop.

I know it's not a direct comparison as Dom is truly great in goal, but he kind of reminds me of when the Sharks had Irbe in goal years ago. The crowd would cringe when he handled the puck or ventured far from the goal. He often made spectacular saves, but would then leave you wondering if he had to make such a spectacular save if he was morein control.

Last night's game was heartbreaking - the Wings took advantage of the Sharks mistakes. It was a fun game to watch!

Best of three now!

BTW - It sure is refreshing to be playing a team that doesn't resort to cheap shots and dirty play.

-TallGuy-

Sharks fan forever!

(at least until we get a team here in Portland!)

You will learn quickly on this board, if you ever have an opinon other than Dom is the greatest goalie ever, and his s*** don't stink, there are a few people who will rip you a new ******* for it.

I however agree with you. Dom should have had the first goal. It was a nice shot, but it wasn't like it was a super quick pass. Choochoo shot if from the dot for chirsts sake. Dom did make some huge saves, as always I won't try to take that away, or act like he didn't.

If anyone has the game TiVo'd still, go to 15:35 of Ot and watch Dom play the puck. He almost cost us the game. And I think it's safe to say the only reason it wasn't lights out for us, was because it was Grier in front. Had it been someone who can score, it's over.

That is the type of play that just drives me nuts. There is no need for him to touch the puck. He does this all the time. Usually it just makes for an awkward exchange between him, and the dman. Someone please tell him to stop.

Again, Dom did play well last night, at times. I'm not trying to say he didn't. I'm just still waiting for him to steal on for us.

Edited by BringHomeTheCup!

Guest Crymson

I don't know...

If he wins games, it doesn't matter. True?

...and for $750,000? What a deal.

we are paying him a lot more than that, it's closer to $2 Mill with incentives, still, not a bad deal

If he wins games, it doesn't matter. True?

Yes it does matter, becuase HE isn't winning the games for us. He is just a part of it. Call me when he actually steals a game.

Guest Crymson

You will lear quickly on this board, if yo uever have an opinon other than Dom is thre greatest goalie ever, and his s*** don't stink, there are a few people who will rip you a new ******* for it.

I however agree with you. Dom should have had the first goal. It was a nice shot, but it wasn't like it was a super quick pass. Choochoo shot if from the dot for chirsts sake. Dom did make some huge saves, as always I won't try to take that away, or act like he didn't.

If anyone has the game TiVo'd still, go to 15:35 of Ot and watch Dom play the puck. He almost cost us the game. And I think it's safe to say the only reason it wasn't lights out for us, was because it was Grier in front. Had it been someone who can score, it's over.

That is the type of play that kist drives me nuts. There is no need for him to touch the puck. He does this all the time. Usually it just makes for an awkward exchange between him, and the dman. Someone please tell him to stop.

Again, Dom did play well last night, at times. I'm not trying to say he didn't. I'm just still waiting for him to steal on for us.

No, people will only "tear you a new *******" if you make idiotic, scathing, senseless comments about Dom... like you do. Nice hyperbole.

Dom "should have had" that goal against Cheechoo? You're talking about the guy who has taken Brett Hull's place as the best one-timer man in the league. Gimme a break-- you seem to expect perfection.

"Almost cost us the game" does not equal "cost us the game." You expect him to "steal" a game? By saying that, you mean that you expect him to stop impossible shots, and be way better than ANY other goalie on the ice? You expect perfection, and you attempt to bash Dom, exaggerate his every mistake, and negatively generalize his play whenever he does something *potentially* wrong. It's this sort of line of reason (or lack thereof), as opposed to mere criticism of a player, that will get one into hot water here.

But, of course, you're free to feel like you're the victim.

Yes it does matter, becuase HE isn't winning the games for us. He is just a part of it. Call me when he actually steals a game.

LOL; has he NEEDED to steal a game? Has he had the CHANCE to steal a game?

You accuse others of jumping on you for criticising Dom; well, you jump on others whenever they compliment him.

I don't understand why; what does your negativity get you?

EDIT: P.S.: Be happy you've got a stellar goalie in front of your team in the first place. Go root for Dan Cloutier for awhile, then get back to me.

Edited by Crymson

No, people will only "tear you a new *******" if you make idiotic, scathing, senseless comments about Dom... like you do. Nice hyperbole.

Dom "should have had" that goal against Cheechoo? You're talking about the guy who has taken Brett Hull's place as the best one-timer man in the league. Gimme a break-- you seem to expect perfection.

"Almost cost us the game" does not equal "cost us the game." You expect him to "steal" a game? By saying that, you mean that you expect him to stop impossible shots, and be way better than ANY other goalie on the ice? You expect perfection, and you attempt to bash Dom, exaggerate his every mistake, and negatively generalize his play whenever he does something *potentially* wrong. It's this sort of line of reason (or lack thereof), as opposed to mere criticism of a player, that will get one into hot water here.

But, of course, you're free to feel like you're the victim.

LOL; has he NEEDED to steal a game? Has he had the CHANCE to steal a game?

You accuse others of jumping on you for criticising Dom; well, you jump on others whenever they compliment him.

I don't understand why; what does your negativity get you?

EDIT: P.S.: Be happy you've got a stellar goalie in front of your team in the first place. Go root for Dan Cloutier for awhile, then get back to me.

What have I said about Dom that isn't true? Dom hasn't been great this series, if you'll notice, he still has a 2.00 GAA, not good enough, I'm sure he would even tell you that.

As for the Choochoo goal, Dom was just slow to get over. Like I said IT WAS A NICE SHOT, but he still needs to make that save. Seriously, watch the replay, Hasek just missed it. He wasn't beat, he missed it. And I think Shanny might argue with you about who has the best one-timer in the league.

Where have I ever said I expect Dom to be perfect? It's you who keeps saying that. I say he needs to be better. You say that means perfect. It doesn't. It simply mean get you GAA uner 2.00 in this series. When we lose a game 1-0, sure you can't blame Dom. But when you need to put 3 goals in every night to win, I'm sorry, that's just not good enough.

Every game is an opportunity to steal a game. If you don't think Dom can, and needs to play better, than I seriously wonder if you think we can win the cup. I'll tell you right now, we don't win the cup unless Dom playes better.

The only thing that gets me in hot water here is having a different POV about Hasek, and expressing it. I've never said that I think Hasek can't do it, and I DO give him credit when he plays well, as I didn't after game 6. If you want to think that my arguments are unjustified, that's fine. Do your thing, I don't bash you guys for your blind love of Hasek. I apologize for actually watching the games objectively, and seeing how Dom, more than ANY goalie, hurts the flow of the game for his team.

You will learn quickly on this board, if you ever have an opinon other than Dom is the greatest goalie ever, and his s*** don't stink, there are a few people who will rip you a new ******* for it.

That is the type of play that just drives me nuts. There is no need for him to touch the puck. He does this all the time. Usually it just makes for an awkward exchange between him, and the dman. Someone please tell him to stop.

Part of Dom's style is playing the puck. Yes he is not the best at playing the puck but that is part of his game. He feels it gets him into the game. It also slows down the forecheck and allows the D to have some room to work. Has he made some bad plays when he plays the puck, Yes, should he stop playing the Puck, Nope, it is part of his style.

Cheechoo shot was impossiable to save, it was a perfect pass followed by a perfectly placed One - Timer that only gets stopped by pure luck or cheechoo missing. I am sorry but Hasek has the best chance of any Goalie left in the playoffs of stopping a shot like that and if you go back and watch it, he almost had it.

Grier can score, just an FYI, look up his stats, yes he is not know for scoring but thats like saying Draper cant score.

Nobody jumps on you for not liking Dom, people jump on you for saying dumb s*** about his play. Every Game this year in the playoffs Dom has given the Wings a chance to win. That is all any NHL team asks of their Goal, Give us a chance to Win. Is Dom able to steal a game, Yes he is but you cant expect him to every game.

Hasek has done everything he was Signed to do. Win games with outstanding play. Yes he has had some goals we all wish he could have back and plays we wish he would not have made but hey that is Hockey for you, Game of Inch.

I dont mind you bashing Hasek but blindly bashing Hasek is what I think gets people attacking you.

Hasek only gets the 2 Million if he leads us to the CUP. Then and only then does he get the bonus.

a 2.00 GAA is not bad in the playoffs. Its not great but it ALLOWS YOUR TEAM A CHANCE TO WIN. Look at all the Goals he has let in during this Series, how many can you blame on him. I can think of 3 maybe. (his give away, Grier goal in game 1 and maybe maybe the first goal in game 3).

I am sorry you feel like you cant say anything bad againts Hasek but to be fair, if you provided some information other then Hasek sucks, Hasek has to steal a game, Hasek has not played good, then maybe we would take what you say more seriously.

Edited by Red4wings4life

Part of Dom's style is playing the puck. Yes he is not the best at playing the puck but that is part of his game. He feels it gets him into the game. It also slows down the forecheck and allows the D to have some room to work. Has he made some bad plays when he plays the puck, Yes, should he stop playing the Puck, Nope, it is part of his style.

Cheechoo shot was impossiable to save, it was a perfect pass followed by a perfectly placed One - Timer that only gets stopped by pure luck or cheechoo missing. I am sorry but Hasek has the best chance of any Goalie left in the playoffs of stopping a shot like that and if you go back and watch it, he almost had it.

Grier can score, just an FYI, look up his stats, yes he is not know for scoring but thats like saying Draper cant score.

Nobody jumps on you for not liking Dom, people jump on you for saying dumb s*** about his play. Every Game this year in the playoffs Dom has given the Wings a chance to win. That is all any NHL team asks of their Goal, Give us a chance to Win. Is Dom able to steal a game, Yes he is but you cant expect him to every game.

Hasek has done everything he was Signed to do. Win games with outstanding play. Yes he has had some goals we all wish he could have back and plays we wish he would not have made but hey that is Hockey for you, Game of Inch.

I dont mind you bashing Hasek but blindly bashing Hasek is what I think gets people attacking you.

Hasek only gets the 2 Million if he leads us to the CUP. Then and only then does he get the bonus.

a 2.00 GAA is not bad in the playoffs. Its not great but it ALLOWS YOUR TEAM A CHANCE TO WIN. Look at all the Goals he has let in during this Series, how many can you blame on him. I can think of 3 maybe. (his give away, Grier goal in game 1 and maybe maybe the first goal in game 3).

I am sorry you feel like you cant say anything bad againts Hasek but to be fair, if you provided some information other then Hasek sucks, Hasek has to steal a game, Hasek has not played good, then maybe we would take what you say more seriously.

Didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest... I know you all are as passionate about Dom as we are about Nabby. It's been a great series so far - ups and downs on both sides. I'm hoping for an overtime win in game 7 - with my new ******* on the edge of my seat the whole game. Can't get much more exciting than that :D