• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

high_stick69

The Dominator!

Rate this topic

Didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest... I know you all are as passionate about Dom as we are about Nabby. It's been a great series so far - ups and downs on both sides. I'm hoping for an overtime win in game 7 - with my new ******* on the edge of my seat the whole game. Can't get much more exciting than that :D

Nah your not stiring up a hornets nets. Nabby is a great goalie too, he has made some big saves, but I dont think you can honestly compare Nabby to Hasek. Nabby is young so he will turn out to be a great goalie for the Sharks but right now Hasek is the better goalie in the Series hands down. I am not taking anything away from Nabby, their is no way in hell anyone including SUPERMAN himself could have saved that overtime blast.

Nabby has played good hockey, he has given the Sharks a solid goalie but the Sharks are not giving him the support after they get a lead. The Sharks are sitting back and letting the Wings take it to them and I am pretty sure the Wings have proven that is not a good way to play a Talented team like Detroit.

Didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest... I know you all are as passionate about Dom as we are about Nabby. It's been a great series so far - ups and downs on both sides. I'm hoping for an overtime win in game 7 - with my new ******* on the edge of my seat the whole game. Can't get much more exciting than that :D

dont worry you didnt stir up anything, this is bound to happen everytime hasek is mentioned

hasek is playing well, the only thing that is really annoying me is the fact that he will not stay in his net. that is one big thing that i noticed last night at the game. if he just trust he D-men a little bit more and stays between the pipes we have ourselves the old dominator. he has been a big part of the reason we are still in the game. i watched him during warmups and could tell that he was focused. even after the two goals, he still kept his composer. he has the mechanics to bring us the cup, he just needs to stay between the pipes.

Part of Dom's style is playing the puck. Yes he is not the best at playing the puck but that is part of his game. He feels it gets him into the game. It also slows down the forecheck and allows the D to have some room to work. Has he made some bad plays when he plays the puck, Yes, should he stop playing the Puck, Nope, it is part of his style.

Cheechoo shot was impossiable to save, it was a perfect pass followed by a perfectly placed One - Timer that only gets stopped by pure luck or cheechoo missing. I am sorry but Hasek has the best chance of any Goalie left in the playoffs of stopping a shot like that and if you go back and watch it, he almost had it.

Grier can score, just an FYI, look up his stats, yes he is not know for scoring but thats like saying Draper cant score.

Nobody jumps on you for not liking Dom, people jump on you for saying dumb s*** about his play. Every Game this year in the playoffs Dom has given the Wings a chance to win. That is all any NHL team asks of their Goal, Give us a chance to Win. Is Dom able to steal a game, Yes he is but you cant expect him to every game.

Hasek has done everything he was Signed to do. Win games with outstanding play. Yes he has had some goals we all wish he could have back and plays we wish he would not have made but hey that is Hockey for you, Game of Inch.

I dont mind you bashing Hasek but blindly bashing Hasek is what I think gets people attacking you.

Hasek only gets the 2 Million if he leads us to the CUP. Then and only then does he get the bonus.

a 2.00 GAA is not bad in the playoffs. Its not great but it ALLOWS YOUR TEAM A CHANCE TO WIN. Look at all the Goals he has let in during this Series, how many can you blame on him. I can think of 3 maybe. (his give away, Grier goal in game 1 and maybe maybe the first goal in game 3).

I am sorry you feel like you cant say anything bad againts Hasek but to be fair, if you provided some information other then Hasek sucks, Hasek has to steal a game, Hasek has not played good, then maybe we would take what you say more seriously.

It's crazy to think that Dom playing the puck is a good idea. Seriously watch what he does. It isn't always giving the puck away. It's little things than drive me nuts. I'm a career dman, I know what it's like to have a goalie who is good with the puck, and one that just wants to touch it. Dom is the latter. Watch where he places the puck for his dmen, it's almost always on the wrong side, or in a spot that they have to change their skating path. That just drives me nuts. On top of that, about half of the time when he tries to keep the play moving instead of freezing the puck it directly leads to a turnover.

I disagree, I think any butterfly goalie has a better chance to make the save on the Choochoo goal. That play was a nice pass from Joey, and it was a nice shot by Choochoo, but I still think Dom should have had it. Everyone in that building knew where Joey was going with that puck. Dom did almost get it, he missed it because he was playing too deep in the net.

I think in order for the Wings to win the Cup, Dom needs to be better. I might be wrong, but I don't think a 2.00 GAA will cut it in the playoffs. Yes, I know Dom's GAA isn't 2.00 for the playoffs, but I think he needs to be stronger in this series. We need Hasek not to have those 2-3 brainfarts in every game. I'm not trying to take anything away from what he has done, I'm not trying to say I think Ozzie would be better. I'm just saying Dom needs to be better. I've said it before, I don't think Dom is happy with how he has played this series. He was MUCH better in the Calgary series. And maybe that's the problem, I just expected him to get better, but he hasn't. He hasn't even play as good as he did in the Calgary series. I don't expect Dom to steal every game, but he hasn't stole a game yet this series. I am looking for him to step it up in game 5 much like he did in game 6 against Calgary. I don't expect him to be perfect.

The Grier comment was meant more along the lines that he is no Choochoo. I know Grier can put the puck in the net, but he doesn't have the hands to make that play. The puck came at him really quickly, and he couldn't adjust, a true goal scorer, which there in no denying Grier is not, would have had a much better chance at that particular puck.

As for the goals he lets in, I won't blame him for the first goal in game 3, but I do thin he should have had the second. Why? I've seen him make saves like that with ease. Anytime a goal is scored, there are several players to blame. Having TiVo gives me the ability to disect each goal. On the second goal in game 4, Sammy (who is pretty sound defensively) let Choochoo get away. Sammy watched the puck, rather than stick to his man, that's why Choochoo was so open. I think it was a combination of Flip and Bert who couldn't get the puck out of the zone. You can never place blame solely on one player, except in a situation like the Thornton goal.

Lastly, if I'm wrong, correct me, but I don't believe, in regards to Haseks play in the playoffs, I've ever said he suck, or he hasn't played good. What I have said is that he hasn't played great, and you need a goalie to be great to win.

We are all pulling for Dom to play better. Even those of you who think he is playing his best hockey should be. Why? Because if he plays better, regardless of how well you think he is playing, the Wings have that much better chance to be victorious.

It's crazy to think that Dom playing the puck is a good idea. Seriously watch what he does. It isn't always giving the puck away. It's little things than drive me nuts. I'm a career dman, I know what it's like to have a goalie who is good with the puck, and one that just wants to touch it. Dom is the latter. Watch where he places the puck for his dmen, it's almost always on the wrong side, or in a spot that they have to change their skating path. That just drives me nuts. On top of that, about half of the time when he tries to keep the play moving instead of freezing the puck it directly leads to a turnover.

I disagree, I think any butterfly goalie has a better chance to make the save on the Choochoo goal. That play was a nice pass from Joey, and it was a nice shot by Choochoo, but I still think Dom should have had it. Everyone in that building knew where Joey was going with that puck. Dom did almost get it, he missed it because he was playing too deep in the net.

I think in order for the Wings to win the Cup, Dom needs to be better. I might be wrong, but I don't think a 2.00 GAA will cut it in the playoffs. Yes, I know Dom's GAA isn't 2.00 for the playoffs, but I think he needs to be stronger in this series. We need Hasek not to have those 2-3 brainfarts in every game. I'm not trying to take anything away from what he has done, I'm not trying to say I think Ozzie would be better. I'm just saying Dom needs to be better. I've said it before, I don't think Dom is happy with how he has played this series. He was MUCH better in the Calgary series. And maybe that's the problem, I just expected him to get better, but he hasn't. He hasn't even play as good as he did in the Calgary series. I don't expect Dom to steal every game, but he hasn't stole a game yet this series. I am looking for him to step it up in game 5 much like he did in game 6 against Calgary. I don't expect him to be perfect.

The Grier comment was meant more along the lines that he is no Choochoo. I know Grier can put the puck in the net, but he doesn't have the hands to make that play. The puck came at him really quickly, and he couldn't adjust, a true goal scorer, which there in no denying Grier is not, would have had a much better chance at that particular puck.

As for the goals he lets in, I won't blame him for the first goal in game 3, but I do thin he should have had the second. Why? I've seen him make saves like that with ease. Anytime a goal is scored, there are several players to blame. Having TiVo gives me the ability to disect each goal. On the second goal in game 4, Sammy (who is pretty sound defensively) let Choochoo get away. Sammy watched the puck, rather than stick to his man, that's why Choochoo was so open. I think it was a combination of Flip and Bert who couldn't get the puck out of the zone. You can never place blame solely on one player, except in a situation like the Thornton goal.

Lastly, if I'm wrong, correct me, but I don't believe, in regards to Haseks play in the playoffs, I've ever said he suck, or he hasn't played good. What I have said is that he hasn't played great, and you need a goalie to be great to win.

We are all pulling for Dom to play better. Even those of you who think he is playing his best hockey should be. Why? Because if he plays better, regardless of how well you think he is playing, the Wings have that much better chance to be victorious.

????????????????????????????? This post highlights a string of absurd comments by "fans" in this thread and on this board in general. I just shake my head in disbelief when I read things like this... :thumbdown:

I like Hasek and he definately gives the Wings a chance to win the cup. BUT---I also believe the the opposing goalies so far in the playoffs have played better. If the opposition had thrown as many pucks at Hasek as the Wings have fired in the first two rounds so far, I dont thing the Wings would still be in it. The Wings have a way of drawing out the best in a goalie, maybe its because they throw so many pucks at them that it keeps the goalie on his toes. Hasek has let in a few that he shouldnt have let in, and in a low scoring series that can be fatal. Just m y opinion, Joe S

we are paying him a lot more than that, it's closer to $2 Mill with incentives, still, not a bad deal

It's actually $1.1 million. That's nothing anyway. A base salary of $750,000 is a huge bargain.

You know, I had a dream about Hasek last night. He came into the main lobby my school (THE Oakland University...) and everybody freaked out and dogpiled him. After that he started to tell the tale of the OT win like some kind of charismatic raconteur (go ahead and Google that, suckers!) with a decidedly un-Czech accent, and after that he went over the Wings' gameplan for the victory. This is where things got weird.

Number one, I don't even remember. Number two, he said they got Hudler loose and he's so dangerous and all that... even though he was scratched in the real lifes. And then number three really through me for a loop... We had to stop their Big, Strong, Captain: Keith Primeau.

Buh?

That's pretty much when I woke up.

You really need to stay out of those opium dens!

:D

:lol: