• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pucker

So, 6 or 7 games?

Rate this topic

Despite all the compaints about poor play, ref's, etc., I thought the SJ/Wings series has been great. I think the quality of hockey has been great, and the foolish cheapshots (Calgary) are pretty much non-existent.

As a fan of hockey, I do hope this series does go 7 games. But I don't know if my panic-meter will pop.

I see 7 games in this series.

What do you think?

I see six just like the flames series... the way I see it homer makes another huge impact in Detroit we take game 5 for a 3-2 series lead.... and then we go in to San Jose not wanting a game six and leave it all on the line that night... and Take game six for the series win....

After 4 games, one thing has become increasingly apparent to me: the Sharks are better. Their forecheck is nastier. There have been times in the series where it took everything the Wings could muster just to get the puck out of the zone. THe x-factor, however, is Dom. We need him to steal this series. And I think he's gonna do it. So while my better hockey sense tells me that the Sharks ought to win this series, they've left the door open and I think the wings will steal it in 7.

but I feel they will not beat us at the Joe. I see a game 7 in our favour.

Haven't they already beaten us @ the Joe? :P

I predicted Wings in 7 .. but I'd be happily surprised if it's 6, ... because I think after tonight the Ducks will be waiting with bated breath .. um, on their bills. :P

After 4 games, one thing has become increasingly apparent to me: the Sharks are better.

I strongly disagree. We've carried much of the play.. not entire games, but LONG stretches of games. And, momentum is huge.. and of course, our goalie is all-world. Nabby is great, but he isn't Dom Hasek.

I strongly disagree. We've carried much of the play.. not entire games, but LONG stretches of games. And, momentum is huge.. and of course, our goalie is all-world. Nabby is great, but he isn't Dom Hasek.

We've had the puck for most of the series, and we've obviously taken a lot more shots. But that has more to do with style of play. The Wings are a puck possession team. The Sharks are a chase and forecheck team. When their forecheck is buzzing, they are all over us in our own zone. That's why we've had so many sloppy turnovers. They've forced a lot of that stuff. We've had a hard time generating truly quality scoring chances. Luckily, we have a better minder, thus, a higher percentage of our quality chances have wound up in the net than theirs.

Guest Tunbo Batman

i'd say 7, mainly because luck is a much more important factor than anyone would like it to be. this series could easily be 3-1 either way, but a bounce here or there changes everything.

Wings in 7 'cause I wanna go... and Illitch demands all the possible money he can milk out of detroiters... Its a conspiracy I tell you!

I know Ill get jumped on but I think the sharks take it in six.

I dont know if we have anything left in the tank after last night.

The one thing that really sticks out for me this year, the wings play in bursts and then look like they have no energy.

I hope im wrong!

The Great Nick himself said, there is a lot more pressure playing at home, as the Wings were heading to the land of fruit and nuts.

I think (and hope not) that the Wings will loose this next game. Isn't it not true that either team won back-to-back?

A high percentage of teams that win game 5 go on to win the series.

You know? If the Wings don't make it to the cup, atleast they made it past the first round, for a change.

Me, I am not upset at all on this "rebuilding year" that was predicted for the Wings last fall.

For a guy who originally picked the Sharks to tear us apart and take it in 5, I must say our determination has really changed my perspective on this series. I can't help see this going to 7 were just about anything can happen. This is far and away one of the hardest to predict series I've seen in recent history. I won't even bother giving an estimate as to who I think will win this, just that it'll go to seven.

Since nobody has won two in a row so far, I've gotta go with seven and either team could win. I was saying 6 or 7 before the series because I thought both teams would win some games at home but the Sharks would take the series by wearing down the Wings. So far, home ice has been about as important as who scores the first goal and I'm not sure who is being worn down. Great Series.

So tough to say, I'm with those who haven't a clue. As for predicting who is most likely at this point: at the beginning of the series I honestly thought Sharks in 6, but I'm not even sure of that now. It has been a great series, with some surprises for a lot of fans, and that's about all I can say at this point. I can't wait for Saturday, and even then, Saturday's outcome will do little more than give me a slight probability projectipn that favors the ultimate victor.

If we simply continued to trade games, as another poster in another thread stated, then it would mean that the Sharks would take it in 7, and, as Jake stated above, no team has won two in a row so far... however, I don't see that trend continuing. I think that one (or both) teams will figure out how to win two in a row before this series is over. Whether it happens on the front end in 6, or the back end in 7 - I haven't the faintest clue.

I said the same thing the last round. It would be awesome to go to 7 games because I have tickets to game 7 but I am much happier that the Wings got it done in 6.

Same goes with this round... have tickets for game 7 but would LOVE to see them get it done in 6

Never quite understood predicting an NHL playoff series to be won in the 7th game.

It's the EXACT same ,(to me ok?), as predicting an overtime win by one team over another. Puzzles me. If a series is at 3 games all, I guess it might be worthy of a good guess at best.....but...........ahh....nevermind.

Never quite understood predicting an NHL playoff series to be won in the 7th game.

It's the EXACT same ,(to me ok?), as predicting an overtime win by one team over another. Puzzles me. If a series is at 3 games all, I guess it might be worthy of a good guess at best.....but...........ahh....nevermind.

I predict that this series will be won in Game 7 by the Wings, in a final score of 7-6, 11 minutes 14 seconds into triple overtime, with a blinding laser of a one timer by Lang, but only after he's been flattened twice by Mike Grier in four on four play, following a fight between Nabokov and Hasek (Nabby wins, Dom turtles).

Mark my words, baby. If it doesn't happen exactly this way, I'll eat four rice cakes straight without a drop of coconut milk (until at least a minute afterward) to wash it down, and that's a promise.