• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
raasc1dj

Lilja the best wings D-man in the playoffs!?!

Rate this topic

You guys are joke..

Now I hate Lidtrrom, lol.

Harold where are you to spout off about the Lidstrom man love going on in this thread?

Lidstrom is the only one who plays almost and entire kill huh. lol

You guys are clowns.

wow. great post. :clap:

:blink:

uh, you'd have to make a sensible argument as to how he's been so bad first.

Guest Agalloch

You guys are joke..

Now I hate Lidtrrom, lol.

Harold where are you to spout off about the Lidstrom man love going on in this thread?

Lidstrom is the only one who plays almost and entire kill huh. lol

You guys are clowns.

So instead of refuting everything that we've posted, you respond with this?

I guess you finally figured out how wrong you are.

Since when does getting scored on, while on the PK effect your plus minus?

Bette re check that cheif.

So instead of refuting everything that we've posted, you respond with this?

I guess you finally figured out how wrong you are.

You say this but have no idea how +/- works. Crazy.

wow. great post. :clap:

:blink:

uh, you'd have to make a sensible argument as to how he's been so bad first.

Ive never said he was bad. I daid he hasnt been the best D man this year or last.

He is surely not playing the way he usually does. For him he has been playing poorly.

Then comes the Lidstrom man love squad. lol Some of which dont know how +/- is calculated.

Guest Agalloch

Ive never said he was bad. I daid he hasnt been the best D man this year or last.

He is surely not playing the way he usually does. For him he has been playing poorly.

Then comes the Lidstrom man love squad. lol Some of which dont know how +/- is calculated.

Lol, as harold said, you don't even check your facts. I'm not the one that said getting scored on on the PK affects your +/-.

It's pretty funny watching you struggle to come up with ways to prove us wrong.

I dont get the Lidstrom love affair again in the playoffs this year.

He looked bad in the playoffs last year too.

He play has been so un-Lidstrom like some people are thinking he may be injured.

He has coughed the puck up, been passing badly, and getting beat on his poke checks.

I mean I love the guy, but he has not been his usual solid spectacular self.

I really think Lilja has been the best D man weve had, Cheli second and Markov 3rd.

Not that he has been better than Lids but Quincy has done a bang up job too, seeing before the playoffs he had a whoping 4 NHL games under his belt.

So this wasn't you?

when you say he looked bad last year too, it implies that you think he's bad this year.

look, it's easy to spot lidstrom's mistakes. I'm not saying he is error free but look who he is playing against. one can shut down Thorton for so long and do so much against him.

The things lidstrom contributes are simple plays. Yes they are simple and nothing spectacular but there are a lot of tactical reasons behind every action he does.

Why do you think Wings had such long period of puck possession and had chance to assert themselves back into the game? was it that San Jose just decided not to play and let us play in their zone? our diffence corps did very very good job neutralizing their attack into our zone and send play back to theirs. and you can't deny Lidstrom was centre of that impenetrable force. (along with Cheli and Scheneider)

Lol, as harold said, you don't even check your facts. I'm not the one that said getting scored on on the PK affects your +/-.

It's pretty funny watching you struggle to come up with ways to prove us wrong.

My appologies Agallach.

I dont have to prove anyone wrong. This is a website not a court of law.

Funny how guys jump all over one player for not doing something but the failure of another to do anothe gets a freebie.

Lilja and Cheli have been the best D men so far this year.

So this wasn't you?

when you say he looked bad last year too, it implies that you think he's bad this year.

Didnt I explain this in the part you quoted?

Compared to the way Lidstrom plays all year and how how usually plays in the playoffs he has been bad the last two years.

he was worse last year.

He has not been our best D man defensively this year as we are all used to seeing.

Lilja and Cheli have been the best D men so far this year.

Didnt I explain this in the part you quoted?

Compared to the way Lidstrom plays all year and how how usually plays in the playoffs he has been bad the last two years.

he was worse last year.

He has not been our best D man defensively this year as we are all used to seeing.

you did. You also said he played bad, which you then denied.

For the 18 or so minutes he's played and compared to how he has been, Lilja has been very good. The best? no way. It's just that expectations were so low for him.

Cheli has been very good. a goal, a couple assists, strong play, +5.

But it's Lids who regularly draws the toughest assignments. I'm just not seeing how he hasn't been himself.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

hm. didn't think I'd see so much Lidstrom bashing here. <_<

I have to say, Lilja has most definitely impressed me. He's been very very solid on both sides of the ice, he's played great containment, and he's been very consistent. I'm pleasantly surprised at his level of play.

That being said, I still have to give the nod to Lids. and no, it's not because I'm a member of the "Lidstrom man love club" (thanks Reg), it's because it's true. He's contained the oppositions best players, he's made some incredible saves on D, he's been great offensively, and he's done a great job of leading the team. Anyone who doesn't see that hasn't been watching hockey, or is a member of someone else's man love club ;)

I wouldn't go as far as the best defenseman on the team, but Lilja sure is playing some great hockey. He is playing like one of the top players on the team right now, and I hope he keeps it up.

By the way, what is going on with all the Lidstrom hate right now? Just because he's not shutting the entire opposistion down while reading a newspaper on the toilet doesn't mean he sucks. I guess the Norris Trophy isn't enough to prove to some Wings fans that you are a good defenseman.

I disagree, he has looked good on the power play, but no as good on the PK.

He gets pushed around alot now Also he has been having a hard time clearing the zone and passing the puck out of the D zone.

Defensively he is not as solid right now as Lilja.

As sick as it makes me to say anything good about Lilja I think he has been our best D man.

We have given up way to many goals this year. Including two in every game this series.

Still a good D man, I think he is hurt. He doesnt skate like usual even. He just doesnt look like the Nick we usually see.

As sick as it makes me to say anything good about Lilja I think he has been our best D man.

Why does it make you sick to compliment Lilja? He's not a bad person. He doesn't go around chopping peoples heads off like some of the Calgary Flames, or he isn't a lazy, overpaid slug like Alexei Yashin or something. These are guys that I would probably "hate" complimenting, but I really don't see anything wrong with Lilja as a person, unlike my previous mentions.

I dont get the Lidstrom love affair again in the playoffs this year.

He looked bad in the playoffs last year too.

He play has been so un-Lidstrom like some people are thinking he may be injured.

He has coughed the puck up, been passing badly, and getting beat on his poke checks.

I mean I love the guy, but he has not been his usual solid spectacular self.

I really think Lilja has been the best D man weve had, Cheli second and Markov 3rd.

Not that he has been better than Lids but Quincy has done a bang up job too, seeing before the playoffs he had a whoping 4 NHL games under his belt.

He's not as good as he once was, but he's still been the Wings' best defenseman. I don't know what games you're watching.

Nick has been playing 30 minutes a night against some of the leagues top forwards (Thronton, Marleau, Iginla, Cheechoo) and has done an excellent job neutralizing them for the most part. No one can look flawless against forwards of that caliber, especially at the age of 37.

Edited by ARice89

part of the reason he looks somewhat ineffective is that he plays against bigger and strong guys. Since you can't use clutch and grab to hold player anymore you really have to push others around when the puck is down low in our zone. also with the fact that he plays half the game for us against bigger, stronger, faster opponents whose goal is to dump in and wear him down with board plays, it's no secret he isn't in tip top form when trying to clear the puck during pk and such.

Not to take anything against Lilja, like I said Lil has been great and really stepped up a notch but if you ask him, he would be first one to admit that Lidstrom is backbone of our team right now

I told y'all so. ;) All I need is a goal by Samuelsson and the prophecy is complete.

It would be funny if the fans could vote on playoff MVP like the allstar vote.

Whatever that dude's name was that they tried to get voted #1. We could voted Lilja.

*thud* and an uptight purist just died.

Edited by FireCaptain

I was never one to join in the *insert new Lilja sucks joke every 5 posts* over the regular season because it was like beating multiple dead horses of an entire family to death, but his play wasn't all that impressive obviously more often than not.

Best defenseman in the playoffs? Hardly, but I think he has overexceeded everybody's expecations on here for him during the playoffs, and the expectations probably haven't been high.

Cheers to Lilja for doing awesome so far, and here's hoping he keeps it up in the postseason. :chug: