• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cruiser008

Paging Datsyuk

Rate this topic

Title should be "paging half of this team", although they're hanging by a thread and might still win this series in 6! Isn't it funny how finesse players disapear in the playoffs? The "grind" of it all grates them down to nothing...

Edited by newings

Heh, it's funny how butt-hurt some of you get when someone dares criticize your favorite player.

:lol:

Try again, Dats is not my favorite player.

My favorite player retired last year.

I dont have a favorite on this team, I like them all the same.

Im not disappointed per se in either of them. Ive been very pleased, but would like to see a few more points on the board. If they can come through in game 6 in SJ, Id be happy.

The thing people have to remember right now, though, is that the playoffs is all about TEAM PLAY and UNSUNG HEROES. For comparison, Ryan Smyth was NOT Edmonton's best player in the playoffs last season.

Personally, however, I think Babs should try splitting them up a little. Not for any other reason other than having all your eggs in one basket.

Man, Pavel is my favorite player, but.... Yeah yeah, he's has't shown up all that much in the playoffs. That's crap! look, he isn't a goal first player, but he has gotten the job done. I swear, some of you fans that hate Pavel is dumb ! He is a pass first guy that has so many moves. I find it amusing how Hank is excused at times, but news flash, Pavel has played great this year. I don't care how many people hate him. he's been great!

Guest LivingtheDream

The reason we picked up these amazing guys when nobody else wanted them was...... size. Like every other playoff game in the past, they are getting outmuscled out there and so I think - give them some size on their line. Homer is awesome, no doubt, but why not play Franzen with the kids. We see this on the pp, but why not 5 on 5? I think that would be something to try for a couple of shifts. Meanwhile maybe Homer can help out Lang's line and make them more threatening? Just saying, "THey need to pick it up and score" is ridiculous. When something isn't working, you tweak it. That is what I learned from Scotty Bowman.

Maltby and Draper were not signed to lead this team in scoring. They were signed to be defensively responible, kill penalties, wear down the opposition and keep pressure in the offensive zone. They've done all of this and more.

Datsyuk and Zetts were signed to produce goals to help win games. Sure, I think both players are working hard and trying their best. That's great. But they have to find ways to produce. The best players in the world have all done this. Dats is getting paid like one of the best, so he needs to produce like one of the best.

I think Sharks fans are probably saying the same things about Marleau.

Exactly.

How is it not analyzing the playoffs?

I don't think everyone here realizes that neither Z or Dats have registered a point on the road and are each -4.

That's not worthy of a thread, but the ones about Dom flopping or Lang sucking are?

all the forwards must play well, but Zetterberg and Datsyuk are our top players, so there's more expectations to score than on anyone else.

You guys go on and on about how great Datsyuk is, how he's one of the best in the league, but at the same time have such low expectations for him. He's a star player. Star players have high expectations placed upon them. Is that so hard to understand?

But god forbid someone make a comment even remotely negative about your precious Pavel. Here's a :rolleyes: for ya.

Because it's simply stating the obvious, without looking into any factors leading to it, such as, other teams D against them, goaltending, the teams overall record on the road and the scores of those games, the rest of the teams production, time played 5 on 5 and not the pk, and the fact of how each has stepped up their game in almost every other facet for the good of the team. What you've done is looked at some box scores, and state the obivous "Datsyuk needs to score.", an absurd patting each other on the back amount of times by Hank.yeah, and Hasek needs to stop the puck, Lidstrom gotta be strong in his own zone and along the boards, and guess what? It's been happening, maybe that's why the series is 2-2 in the second round instead of being sweept in 4 in the first.

Yep, I do. I don't think some realize that the Wings aren't actually down in this series, and have shut up alot of neh-sayers to this point, and i have no reason to think they can't continue to.

No, it's not worthy of a thread. That's why at most I make 1 or 2 posts about how stupid it is to have started that thread, list a few reasons and call it a day. Being an intelligent poster as you are, I figured you'd do the same, which you usually do, unless it's about Datsyuk. And that's annoying and possibly why some refer to you as a "hater". Don't know but that's my guess.

Yeah, well they have scored, and scored or set up big goals, and have provided alot more than some on the team. But then you get the negitive nancy's who want to piss and moan about where they score.

You want to know what the difference is there boss. We don't start threads about it all the freaking time. Find a post where I said he was the best in the leauge. Can't cause i haven't. Yep, he is a star player. Not one many believed in or thought he'd produce at all. Yet he has and will continue to force the crow down many's thorat (ask hank how that tastes). Some of us support the team and the players, knowing full well that pissing and moaning threads on the internet do absolutly nothing, except make us sound like spoiled babies. Is THAT so hard to understand?

Yeah, well he might as well forbid anyone who doesn't jump on your "analysis" bandwagon and pat you on the back for your "insight". Here's something for you :thumbup: , but it's got the wrong finger up.

From Scotty Bowman's blog on April 30th:

There it is from the evil genius himself.

The radical idea that for the team to win its best players have to score. That the expectations on those two to score is higher than on everyone else.

http://www.nbcsports.com/scottybowman/blog/

Edited for "its" instead of "it's"

No harold! This means that Bowman doesn't know what he's talking about!!?!?

Only WingNutt has any knowledge about hockey! Having trouble scoring goals? Don't blame your best offensive players. The same players that the same people keep touting as one of the best in the world! "Datsyuk is the best! But don't expect him to score or lead a team to victory!"

But I have to give WingNutt credit. He wrote the funniest post I've ever read:

Talking about how you want "MORE" from Datsyuk, well whos to say he doesen't want "MORE" support from the fans?

Hahahahaha! My kid's not even 4 and he wouldn't say something this corny or delusional.

Right now Datsyuk is at home reading these boards with a single tear running down his face. "Why no love for Pasha?"

Hahahahaha! Thanks for the laugh WingNutt!

If you really did play hockey (and I'm not talking street hockey or pickup hockey) you would recognize how rediculous that statement is.

Edited by Hank

The guys who question whether the topic poster and those on his coattails know anything about hockey have a point. Glenn Healy singled out Datsyuk and Zetterberg after the game to show their "compete level" he showed a clip of Datsyuk laying out a hard body check on a much larger D man and deftly collecting the loose puck behind the net and dished off a pass for a grade A scoring chance. Healy said: "this is what the playoffs are all about: bringing it and competing."

The guys who question whether the topic poster and those on his coattails know anything about hockey have a point. Glenn Healy singled out Datsyuk and Zetterberg after the game to show their "compete level" he showed a clip of Datsyuk laying out a hard body check on a much larger D man and deftly collecting the loose puck behind the net and dished off a pass for a grade A scoring chance. Healy said: "this is what the playoffs are all about: bringing it and competing."

Do people here even read what's being written? Or do you just like to jump in to insult and then leave?

Where did anyone on this thread say anything about Datsyuk and Zetterbergs effort? I'll wait while you read back through the previous posts.

That's right, nobody did.

All the origanal poster and people like myself have said is that both of them need to start producing goals on the road. And like haroldsnepts pointed out, Scotty Bowman said the same thing. So I guess he doesn't know hockey either?

I think it's funny how you used Glen Healy as an example to discredit the original poster while Scotty Bowman was used to defend those that agree with him. Now who's opinion are you going to trust? My dogs vomit knows more about hockey than Glen Healy.

Do people here even read what's being written? Or do you just like to jump in to insult and then leave?

Where did anyone on this thread say anything about Datsyuk and Zetterbergs effort? I'll wait while you read back through the previous posts.

All the origanal poster and people like myself have said is that both of them need to start producing goals on the road. And like haroldsnepts pointed out, Scotty Bowman said the same thing. So I guess he doesn't know hockey either?

I think it's funny how you used Glen Healy as an example to discredit the original poster while Scotty Bowman was used to defend those that agree with him. Now who's opinion are you going to trust? My dogs vomit knows more about hockey than Glen Healy.

Well here's what the current coach says.....

Babcock said, "You chat, but matter of fact. How you tell them is by how much you get to play. They know. That's the only thing that matters. They want to help the team win. That's what it's all about. I think sometimes we put too much into the individual thing; at this time of year, it has nothing to do with that. The minutes after the game -- who cares? Did we win or not?

Firstly I must say GREAT win last night.

Now that the dust has cleared I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate; I'm still concerned with one Pavel Datyuk, our $44.9 million dollar man. While this year's playoffs have been his best yet, he is still pretty much invicible on the road (when the opposition matches Datsyuk's line with their shut-down line/D-pairing). Both last night and in Game 3 he was a non-factor. Moreover in 5 road games thus far Datsyuk has 0 pts and is a brutal -4. In fact in 25 career playoff games Datsyuk has 1 goal, 4 assists and is a -7. We may defeat the Sharks, but if we are to go further Datsyuk needs to buckle down and perform on the road as well as the JLA.

P.S. Zetterberg needs to step up on the road too as he also has 0 pts and is a -4 in 5 playoff games, although it's likely that he's still not fully recovered from that bad back.

I'd have to disagree on this one, sure he has 0 pts on the road but he's still done better than he has during any other "playoff run" lol but he'll continue to get better, and as for Game 4 I actually thought he wa one of our BETTER players, he was flying out there getting chances thats all u can ask for he set up a few plays he was fighting 4 the puck, he'll get it done have faith hes donig everything btu scoring, and that will come anytime. Go Wings Go!!

Well here's what the current coach says.....

Babcock said, "You chat, but matter of fact. How you tell them is by how much you get to play. They know. That's the only thing that matters. They want to help the team win. That's what it's all about. I think sometimes we put too much into the individual thing; at this time of year, it has nothing to do with that. The minutes after the game -- who cares? Did we win or not?

But what would he say if they lost? Their road record is 2-3 (10 goals, 2 g/gm average).

Lets say, for arguments sake, that San Jose wins the next two and Dats and Zetts put up another goosegg in Game 6.

After all the dust settles, what would your thoughts be if you were told, the Wings had a road record of 2-4 and lost in the Conference semifinals. In those 6 road games, Datsyuk and Zetterberg combined for 0 points while the team averaged only 2 goals per game on the road.

Most people won't ask about effort. Just like they didn't say anything about Yzerman's effort in 1993 when they were beaten by the Leafs and Yzerman had 7 points in their 3 wins but 0 points in their 4 losses.

People will ask, where were your top offensive players when you needed them most? Vancouver got ousted in 5 by Anaheim and it had a lot to do with little to no offense. Canucks fans everywhere are blasting Naslund and the Sedin twins. I watched a lot of that series and not one of those players mentioned put in a half-ass effort. But at the same time, you could point out certain situations where they should have shot more. Or tried to drive the net more. Or switch up where they setup.

In the end, you still need to score goals to win hockey games. And if you're best offensive players aren't doing that enough for you, you won't go far.

In the playoffs, every player is paid to and expected to give 100% effort. That's a given. But certain players earn their paychecks for different reasons. Would you expect Andreas Leilja to score a goal every game? No. But you'd expect him to play solid defense. Is Cleary expected to put up 2 points a game? No, but we need him to bring energy, forechecking and be defensively responsible. Any goals he scores are a plus.

If this team was tied 2-2 and we scored 31 goals but gave up 36 in the series, nobody here would say "Datsyuk and Zetterberg need to score more!", they'd be calling for Lidstroms head and Haseks head.

In the end, Datsyuk and Zetterberg are paid handsomely and given prime minutes to score goals. That's their job. All some of us are asking is that they do a little more of it on the road.

Again, it's not a question of effort. It's about doing your job and doing what you're expected to do. The 12 forwards on this team are not clones. They're not all expected to produce the exact same. That's why some only get 4 minutes a game and get paid $900,000 a year while others get 20 minutes and get paid $7,000,000/year.

Edited by Hank

No harold! This means that Bowman doesn't know what he's talking about!!?!?

Only WingNutt has any knowledge about hockey! Having trouble scoring goals? Don't blame your best offensive players. The same players that the same people keep touting as one of the best in the world! "Datsyuk is the best! But don't expect him to score or lead a team to victory!"

But I have to give WingNutt credit. He wrote the funniest post I've ever read:

Hahahahaha! My kid's not even 4 and he wouldn't say something this corny or delusional.

Right now Datsyuk is at home reading these boards with a single tear running down his face. "Why no love for Pasha?"

Hahahahaha! Thanks for the laugh WingNutt!

If you really did play hockey (and I'm not talking street hockey or pickup hockey) you would recognize how rediculous that statement is.

So is Harold really that attractive Hank, where you have to be on his balls all day long?

Bowman never said anything specific about Datsyuk's play, so your post is uhh... dumb. Its common sense that you need to have your players score goals to win, the point everyone else is trying to say is it doesen't have to be only a STAR player, they all get paid to score goals my friend. Where is the rule that says WAIT!! we need this certain guy to score goals to be able to continue winning. Playoffs are not about just your STAR players, Forsberg is a STAR player one of the best in the world and how far did he get Nashville?? LUONGO is a huge star for The Canucks how far did that get them?? Kipper is amazing and couldn't have played any better but we still won. In the Playoffs teams WIN, not STAR PLAYERS. The whole team has to play at thier best and beyond to Win the Cup. You can't just sit back and expect the guys who get paid the most to do it all and play your normal game. Everyone needs to step it up its playoff hockey.

Your welcome on my post, I don't personally see whats so funny about it, but I'm glad your goofy ass got something out of it.

and once again I don't understand why a statement saying, a player might want more support and respect from the fans has anything to do with me playing hockey. As for myself playing hockey, I love the sport and play any type of it I can. I've played organized hockey my entire life, AAA Travel and so on. I grew up playing hockey in the street as well and everyone who eats sleeps and breaths the game of hockey tries to go to Drop In hockey on a regular basis as well.

So if your feeling so cocky about it and if you live in the state of Michigan, come play some drop in some time or whatever,

Edited by WingNutt

So is Harold really that attractive Hank, where you have to be on his balls all day long?

Bowman never said anything specific about Datsyuk's play, so your post is uhh... dumb. Its common sense that you need to have your players score goals to win, the point everyone else is trying to say is it doesen't have to be only a STAR player, they all get paid to score goals my friend. Where is the rule that says WAIT!! we need this certain guy to score goals to be able to continue winning. Playoffs are not about just your STAR players, Forsberg is a STAR player one of the best in the world and how far did he get Nashville?? LUONGO is a huge star for The Canucks how far did that get them?? Kipper is amazing and couldn't have played any better but we still won. In the Playoffs teams WIN, not STAR PLAYERS. The whole team has to play at thier best and beyond to Win the Cup. You can't just sit back and expect the guys who get paid the most to do it all and play your normal game. Everyone needs to step it up its playoff hockey.

Your welcome on my post, I don't personally see whats so funny about it, but I'm glad your goofy ass got something out of it.

and once again I don't understand why a statement saying, a player might want more support and respect from the fans has anything to do with me playing hockey. As for myself playing hockey, I love the sport and play any type of it I can. I've played organized hockey my entire life, AAA Travel and so on. I grew up playing hockey in the street as well and everyone who eats sleeps and breaths the game of hockey tries to go to Drop In hockey on a regular basis as well.

So if your feeling so cocky about it and if you live in the state of Michigan, come play some drop in some time or whatever,

Hahahaha! That's funny that you accuse me of being on someone's balls when you seem to be suckling on Datsyuk's.

Bowman said that they need more offense from Datsyuk and Zetterberg. That's exactly what we're saying here.

Sure, they're all paid to produce goals but some are paid to produce more.

But it's obvious that you're blind by your mad manlove for Datsyuk. You continue to harp that he's one of the best players in the world but at the same time you don't think he needs to be one of the main guys to provide offense.

It's obvious to everyone here that you're not going to actually listen to what others are writing here. It's even more obvious that Datsyuk can never be critiqued in any way:

LGW Member: "Datsyuk's stick is weird looking"

WingNutt: "Waaaaa! Why do you keep piling on Datsyuk! WAAAAAAAAAA! He's awesome! HE's the best! Don't you know you're hurting Datsyuk's feelings by saying this!!!! WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!"

Get over yourself and your blind devotion to your favourite player. Nobody's saying he sucks or that he's not trying hard enough. But at some point we're going to need him to score on the road. Especially if we lose Game 5.

This thread keeps getting funnier and funnier.

Now you Datsyuk supporters are giving me the finger and resorting to personal attacks because a few people said he and Hank are gonna have to start scoring on the road for the team to continue to be successful?

wow.

Fine. Have it your way. Datsyuk is one of the elite players in the league, but we shouldn't expect anything special from him.

(and for the thousandth time, overall he's playing well this playoffs. I don't think anyone's arguing that).

Edited by haroldsnepsts

This thread keeps getting funnier and funnier.

Now you Datsyuk supporters are giving me the finger and resorting to personal attacks because a few people said he and Hank are gonna have to start scoring on the road for the team to continue to be successful?

wow.

Fine. Have it your way. Datsyuk is one of the elite players in the league, but we shouldn't expect anything special from him.

Personal attacks are inevitable when someone lacks the intelligence and/or knowledge to present an argument.

Can't win an argument? Have nothing more to day? Start name calling and throw out insults.

I think it's obvious that WingNutt is a minor or of a very young age. His last post lacks maturity and common sense.

Personal attacks are inevitable when someone lacks the intelligence and/or knowledge to present an argument.

Can't win an argument? Have nothing more to day? Start name calling and throw out insults.

I think it's obvious that WingNutt is a minor or of a very young age. His last post lacks maturity and common sense.

or he is just an avid fan of dats, something which plenty of people on these forums are guilt of, being avid fans of certain players, and therefore seeing the good side of such players.

or he is just an avid fan of dats, something which plenty of people on these forums are guilt of, being avid fans of certain players, and therefore seeing the good side of such players.

I don't think anyone here is questioning whether or not he's a devout or avid fan. It's obvious.

But when someone simply states that we need to get Dats and Zetts producing on the road, and that person is flamed to no end, there's an issue. There's a huge difference between being an avid fan, and being a delusional, psychopathic one.

Paging Hank: It's begs the question that when commentators are praising their game, you don't start insulting threads like "paging so and so", you title your topic with some discernment and say that they need to step up the point production on the road. They are not just playing with effort on the road they are playing WELL. "Paging pavel and henrik" means that you think they are invisible. That shows a lack of understanding.

Paging Hank: It's begs the question that when commentators are praising their game, you don't start insulting threads like "paging so and so", you title your topic with some discernment and say that they need to step up the point production on the road. They are not just playing with effort on the road they are playing WELL. "Paging pavel and henrik" means that you think they are invisible. That shows a lack of understanding.

Well now it's official that you haven't read anything in this thread. Otherwise, you would have noticed that I didn't start this thread.

I just noticed how many people were jumping all over the original poster and defended some of the things he was saying.

Please get your facts straight before you patronize or insult fellow LGW members.

Edited by Hank

Its funny how people equate points to success. Points are very hard to come by in the playoffs. When games end 2-1 or 3-2, how do you expect a guy to ring em up like Micheal Jordan? It takes a full 60 minutes, and a lot of times more, to wear a team down and beat them. You don't just waltz around scoring goals at will. Do you think there is a lack of effort that is leading to Dats and Zetts not scoring 6 goals a game each? Come on.... they are busting their asses!!! Quit whining and support the team. Don't throw the salary card out. Why not just play only Dats against a team of their 1 and 2 million dollar guys if salary is all that matters? Since he makes more he should be able to beat them single handedly, right?