• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ttbrunke

Big Berts Small Game

Rate this topic

This is pretty much what I expected out of Bertuzzi. That he would be a non-factor and seemingly disappear when he is on the ice. A lot of you expected more out of him, and understandably so, because there is a decent player buried deep inside. But whether or not the Bertuzzi of the past will ever surface again is anyones guess.

I haven't seen all the games in your current series. But Bert's best game (period) was against Calgary (game 4 I believe) when he scored a goal and got an assist. So perhaps he can pick his game up, but I think Detroit will need a big run for that to happen. I still have my doubts that even said long run will be enough for him to come out of his shell.

Bertuzzi isnt doing nearly as bad as you are making him out to be. He is opening up the ice for the other players, no he has not provided the scoring presence that he was once capable of, but I think he is doing an O.K. job. Not excellent, but he is a threat, and San Jose doesnt treat him lightly, hes one more player that they have to becareful with, and as soon as they do let up on him, Im sure he will make them pay.

Bertuzzi has been very physical when he doesn't have the puck. This helps, I keep on thinking back to him body slamming Phenauf to the ice in the last series.

Like some of you have said, I think he is fighting off rust and recovering from back surgery and a concussion. He doesn't look 100% to me. Same with Zetterberg. And I wonder if Lidstrom is hurt too or just making a couple mistakes a game (which I'm not used to seeing).

Anyway if it's just rust and getting used to a new team I think he will slowly improve. If he's playing hurt we might have to wait til next year to see him play his game... I hope we keep him.

Guest Crymson

looks like your view of staying on topic is to bash him. useless thread.

No kidding. Also, we got him for nothing... why do you think this was, and what'd you expect? lol. Seriously, quit acting shortchanged..

Edited by Crymson

No kidding. Also, we got him for nothing... why do you think this was, and what'd you expect? lol. Seriously, quit acting shortchanged..

Exactly. We got a 6'3" 245lb potential monster for a lifetime 2nd stringer. If will only be shortchanged if they resign him for more than $3.5/million a year.

Holland didn't get Bertuzzi to be a star player. He's not supposed to score every goal for us, hit everything that moves, and play as reckless as nothing happened in the past. He's comming off of back surgery..and the back is one of the hardest places to heal.

Bertuzzi is playing fine. He is throwing his body around, when most go to hit them, they fall to the ice. His hands are still very good. Leave him alone. Rag on someone else, like Sammy, or Zetterberg...

Bertuzzi hasn't been the best these past few games, but saying that his game is useless is being a wee bit overdramatic.

We need him to create space for other guys and to lay the body into people. Babcock has said time and time again that he doesn't have to be "the guy". Just one of the 18 skaters that dress and try to do his job.

No, he's not going to go on a 4th line.

With him being resigned, I'd be for it, but for no more than a 1-year deal to see if he can fully recoop from his back injury.

How many Bertuzzi complaint threads has this been now? 1000? :P

Ok, exaggerated a little there, but still. This subject is old now, so stop beating a dead horse until it's head caves in. Move on people.

Guest MrSandMan

OP- Lets forget the fact that Big Bert was out of the game for what, almost a yr?

You expect him to jump back into the NHL and play an all star game? Sorry, it doesnt work that way. Zets only been out 6 weeks and he still isn't playing up to par of his capabilities.

I'm holding off judgement for Big Bert. He's a big body and has a threatening reputation for soft hands. That's enough to draw attention his way while our other players can get a break.

He has 4 points so far in the post season (1 G 3 A)

That leaves 6 people on our team with more points, which I don't think is that bad at all, especially because 1) we aren't relying on him to be a top scorer, but rather a big body that can win battles and bring some size up front and 2) He missed the entire regular season

So...let me get this straight.

For the last 2 weeks I've had to endure (and I do mean it in its truest sense) Robert Lang sucks threads.

So, basically, since he scored a goal now I will have to endure Todd Bertuzzi threads until he scores a big goal?

STOP THE MADNESS!@!!!!!#$#%$@#$!

So, basically, since he scored a goal now I will have to endure Todd Bertuzzi threads until he scores a big goal?

I could create a Robert Lang is lazy and he sucksâ„¢ thread if you want. ;)

So...let me get this straight.

For the last 2 weeks I've had to endure (and I do mean it in its truest sense) Robert Lang sucks threads.

STOP THE MADNESS!@!!!!!#$#%$@#$!

It's the way of gimmegimme results fans. We all have a bit of that in us, even if not all of us are as vocal with our critique.

I'm oddly not too worried about Bert... I'm sure he's playing injured right now, like with Z. Those two are just invisible on the ice so far, but it's next year that I'm interested in seeing the Bertuzzi Monster do his stuff if he's resigned. I just don't see him coming these playoffs.

Trust me folks I was in the same situation as Bert is now. Back in 99 I broke my arm playing hockey, both bones in my arm broke in half if that makes sence. Any way I play just like Bert im 6'4 220 not the fastest but has the soft hands and the euro moves. I was so affraid up till my senior year of high school that I would break my arm so I was skepitcal to play a physical game. But now that has passed me and I have to plates in my arm, I play in a league now and I finally got my physical game back. P.S. I didnt have the training and all the trainers as Bert. Just my two cents, give him time. Plus alot of it is mental.

He was prohibited from playing hockey during the lockout and missed an entire season of hockey. Its not 5 or 7 months of hockey. Its TWO YEARS without consistent gamespeed hockey. That type of preparation wont do much for you.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

the freight train is gonna break out and crush the sharks and then i will bask in glory :D

Well, as I am watching the game today I see that itt would appear that I am not alone in my feeling of how Bertuzzi has been playing. Announcers, Babcock, and most importantly Bertuzzi (all much smarter than any of us). So for all of you with you Todd Bertuzzi love fest might want to put the crush aside and watch the games from now on.

That being said given that Bertuzzi knows the problem he is having it looks like he is trying to drive to the net more often. A good step in the right direction. I still don't want him back at 4-5mil next season.

I dont know about everyone else but I think Bertuzzi looks like one of the top 5 people out there today. The only thing that I noticed is when he turned back when he could have drove to the net that first time. But the second time he drove to the net and had a good scoring chance. I say resign him. He'll be a beast next year.