• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CMatt89

Kronwall..Difference maker?

Rate this topic

I was thinking, what if Kronwall never got hurt?

- Lilja wouldn't be our most consistent defenseman.

- Quincey would have never seen the ice.

As horrible as it sounds, do you think we've sort of benefitted from losing Kronwall?

Would we still be in the same position/series if he was still in the lineup?

Now don't get me wrong, I think Kronwall is a great young talent..but it's just the normal "What If.." question.

I would like to see what everyone else thinks.

Yes I do. Once we lost Kronwall, Lilja stepped up his play big time, far beyond what Kronwall ever did this season. Even Quincey has outperformed Kronwall from what he's played this year.

That said, I really hope under no circumstance does Babcock put Kronwall back in the lineup if he can play. He's a lieability.

He was causing turnovers before he left and IF he's cleared to play in time, assuming the Wings go that far I'd hope he'd be used as a depth guy, since he'll be rusty and will probably hurt the team. If he hadn't been hurt, he might have stepped it but he didn't look that solid to me but who knows...

It is amazing the lack of hockey knowledge on this board.

Kronwall played good all season till he got hurt. How can you say he is a lieability.

Hockey is not about Scoring or points or anything like that, all that comes from doing the little things. The little things are winning battles for the puck, playing tight defense in your own zone, causing problems for the offensive by playing Phyical. Kronwall plays the body more then any of our other Defensive man.

Yes Lilja has step up and played great in the playoffs but he did not play that great during the year... Hence why he was sat some this year.

Kronwall has been and will be an impact player for Detroit. If anything negitive can be said about him, he seems to be injury prone which is not good.

Seriously before you post something on the boards about how bad a player is or how much of a lieability he is. Learn the game of Hockey. You sound dumb when you say s*** like this.

Quincy is playing great but I would much rather have Kronwall in for him any game. Kronwall is just that much better then Quincy. Quincy will get their with more NHL time but right now Kronwall is a better player hands down.

Edited by Red4wings4life

Kronwall played good all season till he got hurt. How can you say he is a lieability.

Hockey is not about Scoring or points or anything like that, all that comes from doing the little things. The little things are winning battles for the puck, playing tight defense in your own zone, causing problems for the offensive by playing Phyical. Kronwall plays the body more then any of our other Defensive man.

Yes Lilja has step up and played great in the playoffs but he did not play that great during the year... Hence why he was sat some this year.

Kronwall has been and will be an impact player for Detroit. If anything negitive can be said about him, he seems to be injury prone which is not good.

Seriously before you post something on the boards about how bad a player is or how much of a lieability he is. Learn the game of Hockey. You sound dumb when you say s*** like this.

Quincy is playing great but I would much rather have Kronwall in for him any game. Kronwall is just that much better then Quincy. Quincy will get their with more NHL time but right now Kronwall is a better player hands down.

Good post, I was thinking the same thing. Before he got injured sure he wasn't putting up as much point's as we hoped but he was laying on some pretty impressive hit's and was being physical. Some people need to give the guy a break, early in his NHL career he's had a lot of bad injuries and need's time to get fit and atempt to become the player we hope he can be.

Before you go off calling us a bunch of iditos, trying actually watching him first. Did you not notice Kronwalls constant givaways and turnovers he'd make almost every game? Being physical doesn't make up for sucking in pretty much every other aspect in the game. Case and Point: Darryl Bootland.

Here's a question..say Lebda and Kronner were both ready to play tommorow..obviously Quincey would be first to sit but I would find it really hard to take Lilja out of the lineup with the ways he's played and stepped up to the plate so far in the playoffs. What would you do if you were Babs?.....

Guest Crymson

You guys have forgotten Lebda, who will take Quincey's spot when he returns. Quincey did not come up to replace Kronwall.

Here's a question..say Lebda and Kronner were both ready to play tommorow..obviously Quincey would be first to sit but I would find it really hard to take Lilja out of the lineup with the ways he's played and stepped up to the plate so far in the playoffs. What would you do if you were Babs?.....

He'd probably drop Lids cause he's waaayyyy overated. :P:lol:

You guys have forgotten Lebda, who will take Quincey's spot when he returns. Quincey did not come up to replace Kronwall.

If and when he comes back. I haven't heard anything on his status lately.

Before you go off calling us a bunch of iditos, trying actually watching him first. Did you not notice Kronwalls constant givaways and turnovers he'd make almost every game? Being physical doesn't make up for sucking in pretty much every other aspect in the game. Case and Point: Darryl Bootland.

I do watch him, Every game I can... He is one of my favorite Defense man because he is physical. I dont see all these give aways you speak off. What I see is a young Defense man learning the speed of the NHL and providing a solid D man. He is part of the reason that Detroit limited teams to 20 shots or less. He makes good first passes out of the zone and he stands people up at the Blue on almost ever rush. Again I dont see constant giveways or turnovers, atleast not anymore then is normal during a course of a NHL year.

Kronwall finished +/- 0 for the season. That is respectable.. The one thing that Kronwall needs to work on his not getting injuryed, once he figures out why this keeps happening, he will be come one of the best D man in the league.

Again please watch hockey and learn the sport, it is important to understand the game beyond goals and points.

I have said it many times on these boards but I must say it again..

Hockey is about the little things that players do that make them good or bad hockey players.

Nope I would put Lebda in Quincey's spot and Kronwall in Markoff's spot. (assuming both Lebda and Kronwall are 100%)

BEST Defensive Core in the NHL below

1: NICKLAS LIDSTROM - ANDREAS LILJA

2: MATHIEU SCHNEIDER - LEBDA

3: CHRIS CHELIOS - KRONWALL

Edited by Red4wings4life

My opinion is that Kronwall sucks. He was playing like crap before he was injured. He was playing like crap early in the year too and that's my biggest gripe against him: he's not learning. If he sucks but is demonstrating that he's improving his game, great. But he's not. He's just as horrible as he was last year and that is unacceptable in my opinion.

Again, Lebda makes Kronwall look bad because Brett has shown dramatic improvement throughout the course of the year. So when everyone says "What do you expect? Kronwall is young and learning! Give him time! He just needs experience! Give him a couple more years!" you can just point to Lebda and say "Here's a guy that's finding his game in a hurry, why can't Kronwall do the same?"

Bah

He's just as horrible as he was last year and that is unacceptable in my opinion.

You must not remember last year then. He was one of our top 2 defensemen in the playoffs agianst Edmonton. You may say that it doesn't say much, but it does say something.

Lilja has been fantastic in the playoffs and I'm not going to sit here and tell you that Kronwall would've been as good. But seriously, Lilja while better near the end wasn't good at all this year so there is nothing at all that tells me Kronwall couldn't come in and done his job almost as well. If Lilja can come in and keep it simple anyone can.

You must not remember last year then. He was one of our top 2 defensemen in the playoffs agianst Edmonton. You may say that it doesn't say much, but it does say something.

Wait, he's getting worse?!?!

:P

I'm not sure. I like the center ice hits he throws. The only times I really see as a liability is when he tries to be offensive.

He really likes to bring that puck in close to the net. That could really leave us susceptible to an odd man rush the other way if he doesn't score or gets his shot blocked. Especially when a team like SJ seems to capitalize on our mistakes.

Other than that I usually like how he plays.

No, he's had a rough year, players have them. Even great ones.

This is basically the story of his life. Every year has been a rough year for him since the Wings drafted him (with the excpetion of the 2004-2005 season in the AHL when he put up decent numbers).

Nope I would put Lebda in Quincey's spot and Kronwall in Markoff's spot. (assuming both Lebda and Kronwall are 100%)

Kronwall in Markov's spot? ok I understand that you like Kronwall and are sticking up for him but take off the rose colored glasses..that is just silly!!

Sure he hasn't put up the numbers the wings would have liked and maybe he is developing a little slower than they would like, but I just don't see the turn-overs some of you do. He has a tendency to force the offense once in a while, but I think he has been extremelely solid in his own end. Certainly the number of turn-overs would be less than Schneider or Lilja had all year.