• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CMatt89

Kronwall..Difference maker?

Rate this topic

He had one good game after he lost the cage. But with teh cage , he was our worst D-man. Why take out Lilja , he's playing too well right now. No one should be sat , Lebda coming back will be nice because of his speed , but Quinceys been fine too.

I dont really like Kronwalls play , he didnt impress me this year. Hopefully he'll be better next year

I would rather see a healthy Kronwall play over Quincey, providing Kronwall plays physical and doesn't turn the puck over like crazy. However, at this point there is no way I would rather have Kronwall playing over Lilja and/or Lebda, when he gets healthy again. No reason to rush Kronwall back and risk further injury when the defense the Wings have going right now has been amazing. Besides, no offense, but Kronwall would probably get hurt at the pre-game skate anyways.

I was thinking, what if Kronwall never got hurt?

- Lilja wouldn't be our most consistent defenseman.

- Quincey would have never seen the ice.

As horrible as it sounds, do you think we've sort of benefitted from losing Kronwall?

Would we still be in the same position/series if he was still in the lineup?

Now don't get me wrong, I think Kronwall is a great young talent..but it's just the normal "What If.." question.

I would like to see what everyone else thinks.

Good thread. I do agree as well that the Kronwall injury was a blessing in disguise.

A similar situation happened to my alma mater's football team two seasons ago. Starting QB got injured in the 4th game of the season, we were 2-1 and not doing so hot during that 4th game when he got injured. He was a great leader and there was no way he was ever coming out unless he got injured.

He did though, and the backup QB, who only threw 1 career pass in college before stepping in, led the team back from 18 points down that 4th game, and finished 11-1 that year. The started never returned, and the backup QB never lost and just played so damn good and consistent when nothing was really known about him. The backup QB was starter this past 2006 season and he was stellar for the most part again, leading my alma mater to an 11-2 record this time.

It's weird how things like that work themselves out sometimes.

I wouldn't say Lilja has been the most consistent d-man, but for how much he gets ripped into in here, I say that he has exceed everybody's expectations in here by a large margin.

It has worked out for Quincey so far as well I think. He still needs more experience but he hasn't made many glaring mistakes in his limited ice time.

All that being said though, if the Wings are able to advance to the WCF or SCF and Kronwall can get healthy again, I want Kronwall in. It's great however that the latter options in Lilja and Quincey are doing so well though, means you have options that you don't have to worry much about.

You guys seem to be getting WAY too down on Kronwall. I mean if thats the case why isnt everyone (even though a lot of people are) tearing apart Bertuzzi for his play (or lack there of) in the Playoffs? Its because everyone understands that Bertuzzi's been hurt almost all of the season so he's still not gonna be 100% for a while. Yet even though he's hurt he isnt playing horrible. Might have a bad shift or two, but overall he's not hurting our team.

Same goes for Kronwall. Sorry to say but we still have not seen him 100%. Everytime he starts to get better and gets out there to play some games he ends up getting hurt again. Between Kronwall and Lilja, I personally would rather have Kronwall out there. Say we make it to the SCF and Kronwall is cleared to play, you know he wont be put into the line up because he wont be 100% and he hasnt played any during the playoffs. By the way, I'm not adding Quincy to this discussion because I would definitely take Kronwall over Quincy, and besides, Lebda will be back to take Quincy's spot long before Kronwall is back. And I will be MUCH happier to see Lebda back in the line up as opposed to Quincy or even Lilja. I like Lebda and what he brings to our teams defense alot tho, so I might be a little biased.

Had all of our defense been 100% heading into the playoffs I have a strong feeling our line up would've consisted of:

Lidstrom

Schneider

Chelios

Lebda

Markov

Kronwall

Lilja